Mike Clevinger under investigation for domestic violence

RibbieRubarb

28 minutes ago, hi8is said:

She contradicts herself multiple times in the interview and it’s deplorable for her to be holding a baby while doing this interview.

Clevenger is no peach but this isn’t black or white. 

I’ll be surprised if he misses significant time… yet again, we’re in this woke culture nonsense. Urg.

And…there it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

5 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Based on the back and forth of the involved parties here this appears to be nothing more than a white trash custody battle playing out in the public. With mlb not taking any action since opening an investigation back in June it's likely they were gonna drop it and then it was leaked to social media to prevent that. Unless something else major comes out to substantiate, its a waste of time to continue discussing it, imo. 

And yes the scorecwas highly irresponsible with that interview. If she truly ends up a victim in all of this they've opened her up to litigation with any statements she made that can be picked apart by an attorney. I'm shocked they aired that.

The most sane take in here

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

She contradicts herself multiple times in the interview and it’s deplorable for her to be holding a baby while doing this interview.

I’ll be surprised if he misses significant time… yet again, we’re in this woke culture nonsense. Urg.

Regardless of what the actual truth is (we’ll probably never know), MLB is going to suspend Clevinger a good chunk. This has gone too public for them to turn a blind eye. It would be a PR nightmare.

The more that comes out the more this reminds me of the Zeke Elliot situation from a few years ago. NFL was post the Ray Rice fiasco so maybe that was a big influence, but they suspended Zeke more than a 1/3 of the season without any real evidence and a questionable victim  

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

Amazing how all your posts are just a different version of s%*#

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

30 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Well he definitely won't face criminal charges, so I guess this country is fucked

You know this how, exactly???

Then again, I remember Bauer was going to be imprisoned for a decade for crushing someone’s skull…and was compared to everyone from Andrew Tate to the Fifty Shades of Grey protagonist.

I don't care if he's guilty or suspended he's a fucking ass hat. His words scream "ignorant asshole", without a shred of self awareness.

Who can root for someone like that? We've had plenty of jerks on the Southside but this guy rises to the level of ass hat in a way Swisher or Belle or even Laroche did not.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I don't care if he's guilty or suspended he's a fucking ass hat. His words scream "ignorant asshole", without a shred of self awareness.

Who can root for someone like that? We've had plenty of jerks on the Southside but this guy rises to the level of ass hat in a way Swisher or Belle or even Laroche did not.

Jesus christ. AJ is a hero on the southside and he's one of the biggest pieces of s%*# in the modern era. 

6 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Man if wanting to make sure people face penalties for Domestic Violence is "woke" this country is fucked.

Wanting justice for domestic violence victims is rational and fair. Giving validity to unstable people to “speak their truth” which could simply be regurgitated mental illness and accepting that as fact… There’s a big difference.

Everything I’ve said on this subject has been put forth simply as a biased opinion based on the little that’s public.

When she’s out there pulling sympathy plays using her child as a pawn and contradicting herself in a matter of minutes, it’s worth noting.

6 hours ago, hi8is said:

Wanting justice for domestic violence victims is rational and fair. Giving validity to unstable people to “speak their truth” which could simply be regurgitated mental illness and accepting that as fact… There’s a big difference.

Everything I’ve said on this subject has been put forth simply as a biased opinion based on the little that’s public.

When she’s out there pulling sympathy plays using her child as a pawn and contradicting herself in a matter of minutes, it’s worth noting.

Funny thing is all of the same things can be said about Clevinger.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Funny thing is all of the same things can be said about Clevinger.

The arguments being used to undercut her claims could very well be applied to the man under scrutiny here, yet they aren’t.  There is more of his past behavior in public record outside of these accusations than hers, yet he’s presumed innocent and she is dismissed.  Funny why that is. 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/08/zach-plesac-terry-francona-son-nick-covid-protocol-rant-video-response

Maybe if your father's life at that time was put at direct risk you might not think it was so humorous???

And in Clevinger’s case, the team didn’t realize Clevinger had also broken protocol until they had already flown back to Cleveland. It was a terrible look for both players, especially when the Cardinals are still dealing with a team-wide outbreak. You’d think other players would take it more seriously.

But on Thursday, Plesac posted a long Instagram video to tell his side of the story. In doing so, he blamed the media for how he and Clevinger had been portrayed.

Nick — the son of Indians manager Terry Francona — took to Twitter on Thursday and shared the six-plus minute video, telling Plesac to “shut the (expletive) up until he can demonstrate he isn’t an oxygen thief.”

15 hours ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Regardless of what the actual truth is (we’ll probably never know), MLB is going to suspend Clevinger a good chunk. This has gone too public for them to turn a blind eye. It would be a PR nightmare.

The more that comes out the more this reminds me of the Zeke Elliot situation from a few years ago. NFL was post the Ray Rice fiasco so maybe that was a big influence, but they suspended Zeke more than a 1/3 of the season without any real evidence and a questionable victim  

I don't agree with this. I'd be really surprised if he were actually suspended at this rate. 

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

The arguments being used to undercut her claims could very well be applied to the man under scrutiny here, yet they aren’t.  There is more of his past behavior in public record outside of these accusations than hers, yet he’s presumed innocent and she is dismissed.  Funny why that is. 

She should've worn a White Sox uniform while doing the interview.  

• Haha 1