2023 Spring Training Thread

ChiliIrishHammock24

24 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Sox announcing that Colson is playing tomorrow but also not allowing us to watch it has some big "free frogurt, but the frogurt is also haunted" energy.

Don’t worry guys DVS will give us some zoomed out shakes phone vids

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Sox announcing that Colson is playing tomorrow but also not allowing us to watch it has some big "free frogurt, but the frogurt is also haunted" energy.

"The Frogurt comes with your choice of toppings."

"That's good!"

The toppings contain potassium benzoate."

"..."

"That's bad..."

"Can I go now?..."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Really should have gone after a late inning guy once Hendriks got his news 

Just like so many Sox players this guy has been stealing his money, just an injury waiting to happen.

He's had an entire off season to get better and yet the issue is still apparently there. The Sox "crack" medical, training and conditioning staffs strike again.  LOL. 🤡 

27 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Just like so many Sox players this guy has been stealing his money, just an injury waiting to happen.

He's had an entire off season to get better and yet the issue is still apparently there. The Sox "crack" medical, training and conditioning staffs strike again.  LOL. 🤡 

Four months off can't throw but not worried. Sounds like a great plan. Players need to be monitored better than this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

"He's got to be himself and he's got to understand that there's a pace that he has to play this game with,"

son of a b****...

Moncada...sigh.  At this point, would much rather take my chances with Buxton if both players were compared head to head.   

And Buxton has a much more favorable contract.

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

I was confused, too. I googled the quote, and it’s about Moncada. Here’s the article:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/white-sox-pedro-grifol-says-yoan-moncada-here-do-something-special

Was kinda my guess. Glad to see Pedro say that. And the quote from the poster was, unsurprisingly, delivered with an enormous lack of context. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Quin said:

Video of this amazing situation. The umps had a dinner reservation (according the broadcast).

Would have been great if they had pitchtrax for that so they could use robot umps.

9 hours ago, Quin said:

Video of this amazing situation. The umps had a dinner reservation (according the broadcast).

I believe this has happened before a few times. And it's technically against the rules so the umps just leave in their defense. I mean I'd leave too regardless. 

On 2/28/2023 at 8:20 AM, bmags said:

It's just like tennis. This is already in the minors where this is deployed teams have 3 challenges per game, which you keep if you were right and lose if you were wrong. It works fine. It also would serve the ump to get real time feed back on how a pitchers pitch is hitting the zone so they can correct mid game.

It's not like tennis anymore, which has recently changed to a fully automated system (no more challenges), which has made the matches much smoother IMO

Personally, I hate this ball/strike challenge system. They have the technology for full automation and it's proven to be far more accurate than the current system, so why not just use it? Why do a weird mix of the two?

32 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

It's not like tennis anymore, which has recently changed to a fully automated system (no more challenges), which has made the matches much smoother IMO

Personally, I hate this ball/strike challenge system. They have the technology for full automation and it's proven to be far more accurate than the current system, so why not just use it? Why do a weird mix of the two?

From what it sounds like, they don't have the technology for full automation.