2023-24 NFL Season Thread

7 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Scary finish. Hell of a game for Young to breakout. 

And now the Bears are beating the Cardinals early. I know no lead is safe, but Arizona is looking every bit of their record

Bears RBs are just doing whatever they want. 

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Way to back your way to a win, I guess...

How? Bears were really never in danger of losing this one.

Bears have certainly show a lot of improvement since beginning of the season, they're better than their record and if Pace drafts well, this team will compete sooner rather than later and I'm leaning on building a team around JF (and a new OC) instead of turning the clock back and starting over with a new QB. Having said that, I would love it if the Bears can get Harbaugh as the new HC.

4 hours ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Scary finish. Hell of a game for Young to breakout. 

And now the Bears are beating the Cardinals early. I know no lead is safe, but Arizona is looking every bit of their record

Joe Barry has made Baker Mayfields and now Bryce Young’s career

2 hours ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

How? Bears were really never in danger of losing this one.

Bears have certainly show a lot of improvement since beginning of the season, they're better than their record and if Pace drafts well, this team will compete sooner rather than later and I'm leaning on building a team around JF (and a new OC) instead of turning the clock back and starting over with a new QB. Having said that, I would love it if the Bears can get Harbaugh as the new HC.

They let a 3 score game in the 2nd quarter get down to a 1 score game in the 4th, again. Offense looked like world beaters for a quarter and a half and stalled out for the rest of the game. The Bears need a whole new coaching staff. 

41 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The Pats' win has all but locked up the #1 pick for the Bears. One more Panthers loss and it's locked. 

What about Cardinals? They are still in a great spot for #1 or is there a for sure scenario where the Cards don’t have the tie breaker?  

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

What about Cardinals? They are still in a great spot for #1 or is there a for sure scenario where the Cards don’t have the tie breaker?  

There's no scenario in which the Cards win the tiebreaker over the Panthers. Their SOS is .40 higher than the Panthers. It's impossible to make up with 2 weeks left. 

Amazing that the Bears can gain as many yards as they do with this s%*# offensive line. RG and RT are keepers but the rest need to be replaced. They're able to scheme their way to a decent run game but they are so exposed in pass protection. Also need guys other than Moore and Kmet who can catch the ball.

So if the bears win one of the next two that’s a 7-10 season. While it was a more difficult ride than I would have wanted I’d have called that pretty reasonable improvement at the start of the season and said the coaching staff and GM had done what was needed for this year. 

I note how emphatically people want the coaches removed. Does an 8-9 or 7-10 finish change those thoughts at all? They’re basically “fix the historic collapses” away from the wild card hunt this year, despite a terrible start.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

So if the bears win one of the next two that’s a 7-10 season. While it was a more difficult ride than I would have wanted I’d have called that pretty reasonable improvement at the start of the season and said the coaching staff and GM had done what was needed for this year. 

I note how emphatically people want the coaches removed. Does an 8-9 or 7-10 finish change those thoughts at all? They’re basically “fix the historic collapses” away from the wild card hunt this year, despite a terrible start.

The Bears have had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL. Sure the record if they win 7 games looks acceptable, but the way they went about it gives me almost no confidence in the coaching staff.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The Bears have had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL. Sure the record if they win 7 games looks acceptable, but the way they went about it gives me almost no confidence in the coaching staff.

Also, it would be nice to bring in an all new coaching staff prior to the draft and get their insight on which players they want, especially if they go with a QB at #1.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I still emphatically want this coaching staff removed, yes 

7 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

They may finish with 7 wins and still have 3 losses on their record where they had an over 90% win percentage in the 2nd half of those games. I said in the offseason I expected this team to be right in the hunt or make the wild card round, as there is usually a “worst to first” team in the NFL each season…and that’s exactly what should have happened. 

So yes, the staff needs to change. I’m a fan of what Poles has done these last two years as a whole, but he missed on the HC.