2023-24 NFL Season Thread

18 minutes ago, fathom said:

I want them to get blown out and Fields play poorly

I don't think I ever want the Bears to lose to the Packers, but I'm gonna use what I said above as cope lol.

29 minutes ago, fathom said:

I want them to get blown out and Fields play poorly

This is stupid, as neither of things help the Bears in the short and long termĀ 

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

I just donā€™t want the coach or QB to returnĀ 

If you believe the reports out there, and from what I was told on this site by MANY, today doesnā€™t matter, so the results shouldnā€™t change based on what transpires today.Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flash Tizzle said:

This may as well be what they thought for the last draft, when the Bears didnā€™t believe Stroud would be who he is. That is exactly what they pay people to do - analyze stats, scout players, and compile information to come up with a decision. Carolina apparently wanted Stroud, but the owner overruled the decision. What is our excuse? Has it ever come out yet?

if the next Stroud is in this draft, they better be the oneā€™s drafting him. Ā unless thereā€™s a Brady type picked in later rounds that the excuse can be used of, ā€œoh well everyone could have drafted him!ā€

The best organization in football traded a kings ransom to have the right to draft Trey Lance. It doesnā€™t always work.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that my football playing, can't stop thinking about football, students believe Fields will be great and the Bears should trade the pick, move down, and get him a receiver or add to the O-Line.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

28 minutes ago, Tony said:

The best organization in football traded a kings ransom to have the right to draft Trey Lance. It doesnā€™t always work.

Yeah I think if I was a GM Iā€™d want people to find the high level abilities, character infoā€¦but beyond that trust weā€™d be unlikely to know who could do the insane processing ability of top nfl QBs.

Just take swings and provide a stable environment.

Iā€™m a person who liked every QB in 2021. Everyone! This year? I like em all except not really Maye.

Mayes game vs Miami did for me what Williams game vs ND did for others.

Hell prolly be awesome.

I thought Richardson would be bad and Stroud/Young would be good.Ā 
Ā 

I have no idea. And I donā€™t think nfl guys in their hearts do either.

Man Carolina gonna end up finishing season with 8 blanked quarters.

I saw Jacob infante saying heā€™d like Thomas Brown as bears OC over Getsy.

I donā€™t care how bad talent isā€¦no offense of NfL players should be as bad on offense as that. Getsy at least can scheme a run game.

The Steelers always find a way man. Always.

Oh and Atlanta got spanked by New Orleans and the Jets beat the Patriots. If the Bears lose, their pick will be 9th overall in the draft. If they win, it can be as low as 12th if the Raiders lose.Ā Ā 

2 hours ago, fathom said:

I just donā€™t want the coach or QB to returnĀ 

I don't think Fields is it either and a good QB is so hard to find that not taking shots at 1-1 two years in a row is hard to justify. I'm ambivalent about Flus but if there's a chance out there to take a solid upgrade they should do it just based on the 3 historic level losses when leading late.

I don't think this game has much bearing on the outcome for Fields unless he absolutely lights it up. Then it might help him. If the Bears win that might help Eberflus though.

No way you can lose today and keep Eberass or Fields, neither one has ever beat Green Bay. Hard to win division losing 2 times a year to a team.

Edited by Soxfest

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

D-line can't get consistent pressure. No Johnson means this secondary is just average. Eberflus' scheme needs pressure and turnovers to succeed.Ā 

Just like the Lions have been a good matchup for the Bears, the Packers are an awful one (whatā€™s new?)

Jordan Love is also the real deal, dude has looked great for 2/3 of the season

Just now, Tony said:

Just like the Lions have been a good matchup for the Bears, the Packers are an awful one (whatā€™s new?)

With how bad the Lions looked last time out against GB, I can definitely see GB beating them in the wild card round if they match up.Ā 

Just now, Tony said:

Doesn't hurt that his O Line can get him time to look downfield.Ā 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Doesn't hurt that his O Line can get him time to look downfield.Ā 

Things definitely changed for Love when his o-line stopped sucking after their bye week.Ā 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Why does it seem like the Packers have more players on the field today than the Bears. Ā This is ugly, surprised itā€™s so close

It does seem like this game should be a much different score at this point. Luckily the Bears O has been on the field for a good amount of time. They have a few 3 and outs and it could get out of hand quickĀ