2023-24 NFL Season Thread

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The Bears record was 10-28 with Fields as their starter.

This is like quoting the White Sox record last year with a specific pitcher on the mound.  It completely and willfully ignores how insanely awful the rest of the team has been while he has been here.

4 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

He won't be once they draft Caleb Williams. Hell, he might not even be the best QB on the roster now. The gap between Fields and Bagent isn't much. 

Bagent almost threw more picks in 3.5 games than Fields threw in 13. Bagent might process faster, but that doesn't mean he makes better decisions or throws better passes. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

People seem to be forgetting that Cousins sucks during prime time and big games in general. 

That's the thing I keep thinking.  Someone gave Cousins nine figures, yet Fields isn't worth a respectable draft pick?  It doesn't add up.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

This is like quoting the White Sox record last year with a specific pitcher on the mound.  It completely and willfully ignores how insanely awful the rest of the team has been while he has been here.

Blaming Fields for 2022 losses is kind of insane when the defense gave up 27 points a game. 

1 minute ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Well Soxtalk never saw the Tim Anderson to catcher pipedream realized. We might actully see the Justin Fields move from QB to gadget running back/wide receiver happen though. 

The master plan unfolds.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Sometimes a QB needs to win games with their arm in today’s NFL.  Fields does not have the ability to do so.

You're right and that's why the Bears will be moving on. But let's not act like Fields' 10-28 record is entirely on him. The Bears were basically losing on purpose in his first full year. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, chw42 said:

You're right and that's why the Bears will be moving on. But let's not act like Fields' 10-28 record is entirely on him. The Bears were basically losing on purpose in his first full year. 

And in his first year Nagy was doing everything he could to not help him 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's the thing I keep thinking.  Someone gave Cousins nine figures, yet Fields isn't worth a respectable draft pick?  It doesn't add up.

Looks like there is very little demand for Justin Fields as a starting NFL quarterback. The trade value of Justin Fields keeps going down with each passing day. It's looking more and more like Poles played himself here. 

9 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Bagent almost threw more picks in 3.5 games than Fields threw in 13. Bagent might process faster, but that doesn't mean he makes better decisions or throws better passes. 

yeah and Bagent was an undrafted rookie free agen from a nobody school. Justin Fields was a top 15 pick from Ohio State University with a few years of NFL experience under his belt. The gap between the dudes is not that large if we are talking about playing QB. Justin Fields would be a much better running back than Tyler Bagent 100% though. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Looks like there is very little demand for Justin Fields as a starting NFL quarterback. The trade value of Justin Fields keeps going down with each passing day. It's looking more and more like Poles played himself here. 

How did he "play" himself?  What huge offer did he turn down or something?

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

How does it not add up? Kirk Cousins is a very good starting QB in the NFL. Justin Fields is not.

What exactly makes Fields worth a respectable draft pick? Because he was a high pick?

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

How did he "play" himself?  What huge offer did he turn down or something?

Go scroll through this thread. People on here were talking about Atlanta possibly giving up their first rounder for Justin Fields. Those posts aged like sour milk. 

Comparable, Josh Rosen was taken 10th overall in 2018. He played one season for Arizona and did not do very well as a rookie, Arizona ended up with the #1 pick and took Kyler Murray and Rosen was traded to Miami for a 2nd round pick.

Now, this was 1 year after being taken 10th overall. Fields has 3 years of tape now and none of them have been very good in regards to an NFL QB. Is it possible they could get a 2nd round pick from someone, I suppose so, but im having a hard time seeing a team that fits it. I think it will end up being a 3rd or later.

4 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Go scroll through this thread. People on here were talking about Atlanta possibly giving up their first rounder for Justin Fields. Those posts aged like sour milk. 

"People" is not Poles.  How did Poles play himself?  What deal did Poles pass up that he played himself?

Fans chattering does not equal the GM, you understand that right? 

• Like 1

If you aren't getting anything for Fields, I'd keep him, just like the Chiefs did Alex Smith back in the day. Chances are, in September Fields gives you a better chance to win an NFL game than Williams. Trade him at the deadline or let him go after next season. 

5 minutes ago, T R U said:

How does it not add up? Kirk Cousins is a very good starting QB in the NFL. Justin Fields is not.

What exactly makes Fields worth a respectable draft pick? Because he was a high pick?

Yep. Kirk Cousins may not have much playoff success but the dude has put up some huge regular seasons in his career. 

I don't see how they are comparable. Kirk Cousins threw for 4K yards and 29 touchdowns during his year 4 season. 

8 minutes ago, T R U said:

And you don't have to give up nine figures to get him either.  There are like 10 decent QBs in the NFL and the rest of the league is chasing.  If he was a very good starting QB we'd be talking about multiple first round picks.

9 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

That was Mel Kiper

2 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Yep. Kirk Cousins may not have much playoff success but the dude has put up some huge regular seasons in his career. 

I don't see how they are comparable. Kirk Cousins threw for 4K yards and 29 touchdowns during his year 4 season. 

He will also be 36 years old coming off a bad injury. I did read though where ATLs new OC runs an offense not so conducive to Fields strengths and that Cousins was a better fit. 

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

"People" is not Poles.  How did Poles play himself?  What deal did Poles pass up that he played himself?

Fans chattering does not equal the GM, you understand that right? 

Ryan Poles has been trying to trade Justin Fields all offseason. Everyone knows this. The offseason isn't over yet, so I will give this a little more time to play out. However, if the Bears draft Caleb Williams and bring back Justin Fields then I will say Poles 100% played himself and so will many others.