2023-24 NFL Season Thread

47 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

There it is. Worthy to KC.

I simply don’t understand that for the Bills at all. 

““Hey division rival we are always chasing who is the only team in the league with a better QB, move up to take a WR, even though we need to fill that spot more than any other position on the field”

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

““Hey division rival we are always chasing who is the only team in the league with a better QB, move up to take a WR, even though we need to fill that spot more than any other position on the field”

Yeah, it is a bit questionable but the Bills have a lot of holes to fill and they are trying to collect as many picks as possible.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/buffalo-bills-receive-no-32-overall-two-more-picks-from-kansas-city-in-exchange-for-no-28-overall-2024-nfl-draft

The terms of the trade are as follows:

• Buffalo receives pick No. 32 (R1), No. 95 (R3) and No. 221 (R7)
  • Kansas City receives pick No. 28 (R1), No. 133 (R4) and No. 248 (R7)

UPDATE: The Bills traded the No. 32 overall pick to Carolina in exchange for the No. 33 overall pick and a fourth-round pick.

11 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Anyone think Poles would get a little crazy and try to trade up for Jer'Zhan Newton tomorrow night?

He's falling cuz of medicals (foot). I actually do wonder how far he'll slide. JPJ as well.

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I’m more surprised by the team that took Penix moreso than where he was taken.  The Falcons pounced on him, even after locking up Cousins long-term?

Exactly - if Falcons were taking a qb to sit behind Cousins I would have figured they would go JJ and let him sit. He could sit 3 years and be younger than Penix now. I do think Penix is going to be 3rd best qb in draft behind Caleb and JJ. 

44 minutes ago, Tony said:

I’m presuming they look at draft board and like a bunch of the guys and are just moving down and than will end up taking a few. 

I’m pleased with the Bears draft even though I thought they would move down. They probably went for quality over quantity this year with Odunze at 9. I had Williams and Odunze in many of my mock drafts but also traded down to select the WR the Jaguars picked and got a second round pick as well.

I’m wondering if they can get a decent DT or DE with their remaining picks and if they would surrender a future second and their third to get into the second round.

I’m not sure what the Falcons were doing with their pick and think it’s a reach. The same goes for the Titans. The Falcons have some pieces, but could have used another piece to get a better supporting cast around Cousins. Minnesota got better tonight and if McCarthy is a decent quarterback, the NFC North will be competitive for the next few years.

34 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-winners-and-losers-no-excuses-as-bears-have-set-up-caleb-williams-to-be-good-right-away-043544081.html

Apparently the Patriots and Vikings both were interested in trading for SD's Herbert...

Sure they might have had interest, but why would the Chargers trade him with all that dead money tied up in him? It was never realistic. 

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Poles has nine picks next year.  If I were him, I’d 100% look into trading one my 2’s next year along with pick 75 to jump up and get Johnny Newton in the early second if someone is willing to play ball.

I am completely against trading down a full round. I think bears fans have had a tendency the last few years especially to overrate the center prospects. JMS was a god last year and he was atrocious for the giants despite being like 30.

Anyway, I'd go for interior oline, dline, safety in 3rd, and probably whatever is available in fourth. Wouldn't be shocked if they still go Running back thou

40 minutes ago, bmags said:

I am completely against trading down a full round. I think bears fans have had a tendency the last few years especially to overrate the center prospects. JMS was a god last year and he was atrocious for the giants despite being like 30.

Anyway, I'd go for interior oline, dline, safety in 3rd, and probably whatever is available in fourth. Wouldn't be shocked if they still go Running back thou

I agree - the only way I would dangle our 2nd rounder next year is a pretty creative deal where we are moving down in the 3rd this year but getting up to top-end but it would have to be to get a player Bears think values at say 15-20 overall. I don't think there is a fit like that - Newton might be the exception but if he has med red flag, that makes the deal not that interesting.

Cooper DeJean would be interesting cause I think he will be a high end safety but I don't think his grade fits Bears needs where this makes sense.  Now if Bears didn't draft a wideout and instead went down and took a different position - than I could see a crop of this current grew being worth a similar move.

But there are a few centers that are intriguing and I think one is there in 3rd round if that is the way the Bears want to go.  

1 hour ago, StrangeSox said:

Williams throwing to Moore, Allen, Odunze, Kmet, and Swift.

Got a real chance to break some lofty Bears QB records this year!

Everett is pretty solid too and I still think Scott isn’t a bad 4th option - especially if Caleb can read the field and use all of the weapons. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Everett is pretty solid too and I still think Scott isn’t a bad 4th option - especially if Caleb can read the field and use all of the weapons. 

Would be nice if Scott could turn into something.  4 WR sets would be nasty.

Would have liked them to take Edge with Isaac on the board there, but Amegadjie is a nice prospect that will need some time to develop. I also think Poles knows what he's doing when it comes to o-linemen in the draft. Braxton Jones bought him some trust there. 

22 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Would have liked them to take Edge with Isaac on the board there, but Amegadjie is a nice prospect that will need some time to develop. I also think Poles knows what he's doing when it comes to o-linemen in the draft. Braxton Jones bought him some trust there. 

I don’t think it was a major need but I like his potential upside and I have no issue investing in the trenches. I suspect next year will be a defensive focused draft plus maybe some interior linemen.