12 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I just don't understand how Colas doesn't know through a coach whispering in his ear before the AB or based on his previous AB's how to know how he will be pitched. Take the damn 1st pitch. If it's a ball take the 2nd pitch. Mae Garcia throw strikes !!

i knew before the AB he was going to see crap down and in under his hands ! Why doesn't he ? Why isn't that being drilled into his head based on what we saw in the 1st inning.

100% agree.  That Colas at-bat was one of the worst I have ever witnessed and I have no idea how the coaching staff didn’t put in his head to be incredibly selective early on the count.  Just infuriating to them blow that opportunity in such pathetic fashion.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Pitch recognition is his weakness, everyone knows that 

Taking some pitches and being aware of the situation and how they are going to pitch you will get you ahead more often then not and getting you some pitches you can actually hit or take some walks. He doesn't have to hit his way off the island or be so aggressive anymore because he's going to end up looking terrible until he can make pitchers actually  throw strikes.

AT least Andrus took the 1st 2 pitches for balls until he started swinging at crap . But even at 2-1 he could've just said make him thrown 2 in a row in the zone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:

Wouldn't do a bit of good if Hahn & crew are still here. 

sure it could, you're wiping the slate clean with guys who might have those natural skills. you're going from "we know this team isn't very good" to "this team might be good"

plus you're getting rid of the drama we all know exists in the clubhouse

Just now, shago said:

Clevinger looks like the parking attendant from Ferris Bueller

"You fellas have nothing to worry about... I'm a professional"

I was just getting ready to say, Clevinger's got a real "Ron Karkovice" look going....