Middleton Called Up

Heads22

Why are we running younger pitchers off the roster for 29 year olds?

A very good athlete, he displays a deceptive, three-quarter delivery that can be very hard to read (especially for right-handed batters). Can strike batters out regularly in the minors. Needs to fill out his 6-2 frame in order to gain optimum stamina for Major League Baseball. Needs more work on his changeup and curve, both decent pitches that lack consistency.

Long Range Potential: Solid right-hander with some upside.

https://sportsforecaster.com/mlb/p/82607/Keynan_Middleton

Like to see someone described as having no potential/upside, lol…been around the block with Angels, M’s, etc.

14 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'd be shocked if they DFA German.  

“On September 17, the Red Sox added German to their active roster.[9] He made his major-league debut that day, allowing four runs without retiring a batter while facing four batters in relief.”

On January 30, 2023, German was designated for assignment in order for the Red Sox to add newly acquired relief pitcher Richard Bleier to the 40-man roster.[13]

Traded for some dude named Theo Denlinger…

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, wegner said:

Am I the 1st one to see the title of this thread and ask.....WHO???

He’s been around. Pitched for the Angels and Ms for a bit. Appeared in each of the past 6 MLB seasons --- 154 games.  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Thanks 1

With this delayed announcement, I am starting to think this may be a suspension from yesterday versus an mlb roster DFA or demotion. Otherwise the delayed announcement doesn’t make much sense. Then again, not 100% sure on suspension rules for pitchers - know Angels had to play a man short while Rendon was suspended. 

Edited by ChiSox59

25 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

With this delayed announcement, I am starting to think this may be a suspension from yesterday versus an mlb roster DFA or demotion. Otherwise the delayed announcement doesn’t make much sense. Then again, not 100% sure on suspension rules for pitchers - know Angels had to play a man short while Rendon was suspended. 

Suspension doesn't open up a roster spot. Someone has to be DFA or traded in order to free up a 40 man roster spot.