Moncada actually dealing with a back issue.

Greg Hibbard

9 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Per Daryl. 

And the hits keep coming.

I know it's still early and Andersons injury was because of a collision but the Sox are going to  have to figure out how much longer after this season they want to continue to pay guys like Moncada and Eloy who  spend significant time on the IL. The hard part will be finding buyers for some of our guys.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

No one left to call up.  Ramos and Rodriguez only infielders on 40 man not on active roster and neither are ready.  

I guess you could go the OF route since you don't have a real 4th OF. But I guess there aren't any of those on the 40-man either. I'd have no problem DFA'ing one of the bottom 40-man pitchers though.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I guess you could go the OF route since you don't have a real 4th OF. But I guess there aren't any of those on the 40-man either. I'd have no problem DFA'ing one of the bottom 40-man pitchers though.

I would IL Moncada and call up Hamilton to run and play backup CF. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Per Daryl. 

This latest Yoan injury has already been costly, as with him at 3 rd base yesterday, Anderson’s injury probably would not have occurred.  Playing people out of position and subpar subs has hurt the Sox so far this season.

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

This latest Yoan injury has already been costly, as with him at 3 rd base yesterday, Anderson’s injury probably would not have occurred.  Playing people out of position and subpar subs has hurt the Sox so far this season.

Other teams play players at multiple positions all the time without catastrophic consequences. All Sox players for a decade, signed or promoted, come up and play like idiots with zero awareness. 

It does not happen in STL for example. 

just a unique Hahn seasoning that we get to enjoy.

• Like 1

• Balta1701 changed the title to Moncada actually dealing with a back issue.