This team is going to lose 90 plus games...

LittleHurtCG

13 hours ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Don’t the Rays have very high TV ratings though? Their attendance doesn’t matter much if they are able to maintain a competitive organization, which they clearly have done.

Yes they do, they need a new stadium near downtown Tampa and the population center of the Tampa Bay Area. Getting to the Trop from Tampa and the northern and eastern suburbs is a pain.

On 4/12/2023 at 5:44 PM, Texsox said:

Who are you? Hahn will tell you the kids are alright. Personally, I can't explain my generation's ability to believe this crap. 

4 WHO references. I like it ! Who Are You, The Kids Are Alright, I Can't Explain, and My Generation. 5 since you were picking up on the Won't be Fooled Again comment.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

4 WHO references. I like it ! Who Are You, The Kids Are Alright, I Can't Explain, and My Generation. 5 since you were picking up on the Won't be Fooled Again comment.

Meet the new team,

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

23 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I wish I could say this is a possibility but literally everything I've been told by numerous folks who would know, say this is a pipedream. As long as JR is alive he's not selling and he is loath to fire anybody (as long as they are loyal and the Sox are making money). 

Sadly you are probably right. I guess we wait until he passes away and according to many, he told his family in his will, to sell the team. He is 87 years old and counting. Many of us god willing, will have more years left than he does, so in time hopefully the Sox can be owned by someone that actually gives a damn and wants to win.

12 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Sadly you are probably right. I guess we wait until he passes away and according to many, he told his family in his will, to sell the team. He is 87 years old and counting. Many of us god willing, will have more years left than he does, so in time hopefully the Sox can be owned by someone that actually gives a damn and wants to win.

Like I say take care of yourself and hope to be alive to see the changes.

10 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Yes they do, they need a new stadium near downtown Tampa and the population center of the Tampa Bay Area. Getting to the Trop from Tampa and the northern and eastern suburbs is a pain.

You're absolutely right and its very sad for such a great baseball club. The Bucs and Lightning always sell out because they are in that perfect downtown Tampa area. The St Petersburg area is a nightmare to go to. Plus the Tropicana stadium is one of the worst ballparks in baseball. It is an dump compared to the more modern stadiums today. The problem still remains they are tied into a long term lease and it doesn't end until 2027. It was a stupid long term lease in the first place to sign back in 1995 for 32 years. 

19 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Great advice which I absolutely do daily, because of not only wanting to live a long life, but to see the new White (Sox) owner come in

Although odds are extremely high he's white...Melody Hobson's presence at least demonstrates proof to the contrary. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Although odds are extremely high he's white...Melody Hobson's presence at least demonstrates proof to the contrary. 

This has nothing to do with black or white. My only point was I don't give a damn who is the next owner of the White Sox is, just as long as its not Jerry Reinsdorf. I'm sure if the team is sold, since reportedly Hobson owns 30%, which is only based on hearsay and nothing factual. However if she were to go all in with more money and investors to own the Sox outright, I would be perfectly fine with Mellody Hobson as the new owner. She is an extremely successful business person with really strong credentials. She couldn't screw this organization up any worse than the POS Reinsdorf already has. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

This has nothing to do with black or white. My only point was I don't give a damn who is the next owner of the White Sox is, just as long as its not Jerry Reinsdorf. I'm sure if the team is sold, since reportedly Hobson owns 30%, which is only based on hearsay and nothing factual. However if she were to go all in with more money and investors to own the Sox outright, I would be perfectly fine with Mellody Hobson as the new owner. She is an extremely successful business person with really strong credentials. She couldn't screw this organization up any worse than the POS Reinsdorf already has. 

I was just joking because it originally said White owner... I know I know typo. 

32 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

So at what point does this FO apologize to the fan base for completely fucking up this rebuild?

Never happen in a million years. The arrogance of the FO/ownership knows no bounds...they'll probably blame the fan base in some way and then of course, the easy excuse of "injuries." As if other teams don't get guys hurt but still win.

• Like 1