This team is going to lose 90 plus games...

LittleHurtCG

This season is on the brink of spiraling out of control fast. There is a very real chance that this team is 10 games under 500 come May 1st.  We heard the dont panic cause it is early in the season refrain all last year. We will hear it again now.  How many times till we don't get fooled again? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

This season is on the brink of spiraling out of control fast. There is a very real chance that this team is 10 games under 500 come May 1st.  We heard the dont panic cause it is early in the season refrain all last year. We will hear it again now.  How many times till we don't get fooled again? 

Let's see what some home cooking does, we've played 10 out of 13 games on the road to start the season. If they stink up the joint these next 6 games then your prognostication might be correct.

• Like 3

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

No they won't. 

There's a very good chance that Giolito, Anderson and Hendricks are gone by the deadline with the team already 10 under .500. Remove 4-6 WAR and you can see 72-90 pretty easily. 82 was the projection by most systems. We've already gone 5-8.

What sounds more likely, we play 21 over from this point out to go 90-72, or we are 15 under rest of the way for 72-90? I sure know which one I'd bet on given even odds.

• Like 2

Will the Sox even win a single series in April? 

3x Baltimore at home. The O's curbstomped the Sox head to head last year. Tough series 

3X Phillies at home: Philly is out to a tough start but they are defending NL champs. Sox also not off to good start against NL teams this year. 

3X at Tampa. Have fun. 

3x at Toronto. Sox always struggle in Toronto and Blue Jays offense is really really good. 

4x Tampa at home: Have fun. 

Sox will be lucky to win 5 games the rest of this month. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

There's a very good chance that Giolito, Anderson and Hendricks are gone by the deadline with the team already 10 under .500. Remove 4-6 WAR and you can see 72-90 pretty easily. 82 was the projection by most systems. We've already gone 5-8.

What sounds more likely, we play 21 over from this point out to go 90-72, or we are 15 under rest of the way for 72-90? I sure know which one I'd bet on given even odds.

Exactly correct. In that case the fascinating item is going to be how Hahn "sells" this to a fan base ready to come after him with pitchforks and burning torches.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Let's see what some home cooking does, we've played 10 out of 13 games on the road to start the season. If they stink up the joint these next 6 games then your prognostication might be correct.

As much as I hate modern baseball, the Sox better start lifting and pulling in these home games. They got bodies to do it. The physical physique of guys would suggest a ton of HRs at GRate Field.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Exactly correct. In that case the fascinating item is going to be how Hahn "sells" this to a fan base ready to come after him with pitchforks and burning torches.

Maybe he can tell us more about that "championship window".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Will the Sox even win a single series in April? 

3x Baltimore at home. The O's curbstomped the Sox head to head last year. Tough series 

3X Phillies at home: Philly is out to a tough start but they are defending NL champs. Sox also not off to good start against NL teams this year. 

3X at Tampa. Have fun. 

3x at Toronto. Sox always struggle in Toronto and Blue Jays offense is really really good. 

4x Tampa at home: Have fun. 

Sox will be lucky to win 5 games the rest of this month. 

It's a rough schedule to start to the season, no doubt. 

I hope Pedro is getting some good OJT because simply not being TLR isn’t giving them much of a bump so far.  He only has so much to work with when guys miss time, but so far I’m not impressed.  I’m not predicting 90 losses, but being overly dependent on guys like Hanser and Sheet isn’t a winning formula.  The offense doesn’t even have April weather to blame either. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Who are you? Hahn will tell you the kids are alright. Personally, I can't explain my generation's ability to believe this crap. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Well it’s definitely possible. Lose a few key guys from the pitching staff and this could easily devolve into the worst staff in the game.

Sure, it’s possible. They could also win 90 games. Also possible.  Tough start, not looking great, needed to stay healthy and aren’t so far, etc, etc. but I don’t think they’ll lose 90 games. They were a train wreck all last season and won 81 with largely the same team. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sure, it’s possible. They could also win 90 games. Also possible.  Tough start, not looking great, needed to stay healthy and aren’t so far, etc, etc. but I don’t think they’ll lose 90 games. They were a train wreck all last season and won 81 with largely the same team. 

But this year is a FAR tougher schedule.

When you can't beat up on the Tigers, especially, for 19 games.

I think 90 losses is a stretch, but definitely feels like 74-88 is quite possible...especially if any of the starting pitchers were to go down for an extended time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1