The Pedro Hire

Tomtom

28 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think you’re missing the point, which is that our CF doesn’t know the name of our bench coach.  Nitpicking who’s at fault doesn’t really matter here.  These guys should be interacting all the time.  It’s beyond fucking nuts that this is even possible.

Well I think you are missing the point. The only people responsible for Robert being a disrespectful dipshit is Robert and his parents

Every day that passes with an embarrassing loss and another story of dysfunction within the team, I believe we are accelerating towards Hahn’s (at a minimum) resignation/termination. Before this week, I would have expected Hahn to survive the season. This is different, though. It’s definitely building; this anger among the Sox fans is unlike anything I've ever seen. 

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Aha, thought so.   Getting tossed to stir things up reminded me of Renteria who did the same as his team was imploding at the end of his last season here.  Same fate for Pedro and quickly?  I'm not ruling it out.

10 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Every day that passes with an embarrassing loss and another story of dysfunction within the team, I believe we are accelerating towards Hahn’s (at a minimum) resignation/termination. Before this week, I would have expected Hahn to survive the season. This is different, though. It’s definitely building; this anger among the Sox fans is unlike anything I've ever seen. 

It won't be Hahn to go first.

2 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

That’sa fucking bullshit excuse for a guy who just smeared a giant stain of disrespectful s%*# on the fans and game itself

I know where this went but I’m just going to take that as a description of Rick Hahn’s 10 year career.

5 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Where’d it go

Coaches have no impact on players and never interact with them and that’s why you need to defend the great work of this coach. I’ve heard it before. No longer any patience for that nonsense. You may give credit to any of the White Sox recent coaches for all the recent success, that’s fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Nowhere did I say or imply any of that, or give credit to any coaches for anything. Give your head a shake holmes

No, you just need to chime in to make sure no one attacks the coaches for the fact that the players aren’t interacting with their coaches. Obviously the coaches play no role in the coaching staff. 

Heard it all before. It’s one part of how we got here. Always the excuses for the lack of leadership.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

32 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

No, you just need to chime in to make sure no one attacks the coaches for the fact that the players aren’t interacting with their coaches. Obviously the coaches play no role in the coaching staff. 

Heard it all before. It’s one part of how we got here. Always the excuses for the lack of leadership.

You are a one trick pony man. What I said is what I meant. You don’t get to take what I say and say I meant something else. I mean you can, but then I’ll have to tell you to go fuxk yourself. If you have something to say about the subject just say it you don’t have to twist my words around to make a point. Or maybe you do you do seem pretty weak mentally with this kind of argumentation style you’ve adopted like a hundred million other ass holes have

7 hours ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Well I think you are missing the point. The only people responsible for Robert being a disrespectful dipshit is Robert and his parents

I get your point and agree with a lot of it. But I do think this is also White Sox issue. I certainly don’t think it’s Charlie Montoya’s or Pedro Grifol’s fault Robert doesn’t know the bench coach’s name. Somewhere along the line, the White Sox made it OK for Robert to get away with being so aloof. Somewhere they made it OK to decide before a game he was a little tight , no need to tell the trainers or the manager, just take it easy today. Much like Sammy Sosa with the Cubs, the Sox created this “monster”. I don’t really think Robert is a monster BTW. He hasn’t been accountable since he was signed, and the Sox are now seeing the cost. 

if they made him pay attention from day 1. If they emphasized playing smart and what that entailed, if they beat into his brain what was expected of him, he may be a star now. They just gushed at the talent, in wonderment a guy like this was really a White Sox, when it was obvious, despite as much talent as anyone, his game was lacking in a few areas, and let him slide by.

This season is over. The Sox need to prepare for the future. Send him down. Get him straightened out  in all aspects. Maybe it pays off later. If you just let him be, you are going to have a guy who is unreal for stretches and then just taking it easy for some reason. I doubt they have the balls to do it.

52 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I get your point and agree with a lot of it. But I do think this is also White Sox issue. I certainly don’t think it’s Charlie Montoya’s or Pedro Grifol’s fault Robert doesn’t know the bench coach’s name. Somewhere along the line, the White Sox made it OK for Robert to get away with being so aloof. Somewhere they made it OK to decide before a game he was a little tight , no need to tell the trainers or the manager, just take it easy today. Much like Sammy Sosa with the Cubs, the Sox created this “monster”. I don’t really think Robert is a monster BTW. He hasn’t been accountable since he was signed, and the Sox are now seeing the cost. 

if they made him pay attention from day 1. If they emphasized playing smart and what that entailed, if they beat into his brain what was expected of him, he may be a star now. They just gushed at the talent, in wonderment a guy like this was really a White Sox, when it was obvious, despite as much talent as anyone, his game was lacking in a few areas, and let him slide by.

This season is over. The Sox need to prepare for the future. Send him down. Get him straightened out  in all aspects. Maybe it pays off later. If you just let him be, you are going to have a guy who is unreal for stretches and then just taking it easy for some reason. I doubt they have the balls to do it.

I agree with most of your takes, and was very upset when I saw the play initially, but after the postgame comments from both Grifol and Robert, I don't think any of us can properly assess what the hell is really going on with this organization.

I can put together a Baltaesque bullet point narrative how fucked up this team has been in terms of diagnosing, treating and disclosing injuries over the past two plus seasons, including several incomprehensible actions the club took in regards with Robert alone during the second half of 2022.

Grifol still isn't emersed in the level of absolute horror, incompetence, greed, avarice, hatred, loathing and malice that most of us have come to know and accept as Jerry Reinsdorf's Chicago White Sox Organization.

As far as knowing Montoya's name, the pathetic White Sox have rolled out three different managers and dozens of coaches and other "professionals" over their self-described "multiyear championship contending window" over the past 60-162-162-28 regular season games. Hard to tell whether any of us would know the dozens of assclowns who have swiped their badge into and out of the clubhouse over this tumultuous period. Hell, most people working at McDonalds or Wal-Mart have a much more stable, compassionate and reasonable working environment.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

For a moment I thought the Spanish word for “griffin” was “grifol” until I looked it up and found it was “grifo.”

would have been somehow appropriate if Pedro Grifol literally translated to “Peter Griffin.”

• Haha 2

On 4/30/2023 at 11:04 AM, JoeC said:

For a moment I thought the Spanish word for “griffin” was “grifol” until I looked it up and found it was “grifo.”

would have been somehow appropriate if Pedro Grifol literally translated to “Peter Griffin.”

Grifo means faucet in spanish. Maybe it means griffin too I don’t know

There should have been a spring meeting about expectations for Robert and what coaches would each provide toward that goal. He remains a diamond in the rough. Pedro in waiting should have had a playbook together about his approach to winning baseball. 

No manager in history could have overcome our bullpen thus far.  They’ve coughed up a lead at least a dozen times.  ReyLo is Matt Thornton 2.0 - 96 mph but straight as an arrow and basically an amusement park batting cage pitching machine cranked up high.  If we suck this year I’d like to see him set the all time BS record.  Then they MIGHT be willing to actually spend some real money on the pen

• TLR 1

• 2 weeks later...