Sox @ Blue Jays 6:07 CT

Vote4Pedro

1 hour ago, KipWellsFan said:

As long as I've been on Soxtalk, people have been under this strange delusion that if only the players "gave more effort" or "had passion" (or some similar term) they would be better.

Example A: Sox hitter grounds out weakly to the second basemen...

Soxtalk Member 1: What a terrible effort.

Soxtalk Member 2: What a lazy swing...

Sometimes you are just in a slump. And sometimes you just aren't very good... I have a hard time believing that if only we had more passion we would be contenders.

Fundamentally the problem is we give up too many walks, and don't take enough ourselves. I don't think passion and effort changes that in a major way. 

Yup agree. All this BS talk like they know what's going on inside every players head and have this effort meter they shine on the players so they know it's not there is ludicrous.

Despite losing 3 in a row against TB . I saw progress. TB was 10-0 at home. The Sox got them into the 9th with a lead and they went 10 before losing. They were averaging 7 runs a game. Sox held them under that. The BP has been pitching better . TB leads baseball in team ERA and Sox gave them games in 2 of the 3.

The problem is always and always will be perception. Losing always equals lack of mental and physical effort in a fan's head especially on a team that we all perceive as lacking in many departments like player development, scouting and coaching. There are many many people involved in the product on the field and the results ( wins and losses ) are a collective result of many different people not standing between the white lines.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, almagest said:

I'm in. That sounds better than watching the Sox.

My second ChatGPT generated post today.

Some light editing on my part to change names from COACH and PLAYER.

The AI actually picked the players from the past on its own, which is funny.

Title: "Time-Traveling White Sox"

FADE IN:

EXT. GUARANTEED RATE FIELD - DAY

We see a group of young baseball players, the 2023 White Sox, practicing on the field. They're not doing very well, and their coach is getting frustrated.

PEDRO: Come on, guys! You need to step up your game if we're going to make it to the playoffs this year.

ELOY: But coach, we're doing the best we can.

PEDRO: Your best isn't good enough. We need to do something drastic to turn this team around.

Suddenly, a strange man appears out of nowhere.

STRANGE MAN: Did I hear you say you need to turn this team around?

PEDRO: Who are you?

STRANGE MAN: I'm a time traveler, and I can take you back in time to learn from the greatest White Sox players of all time.

The coach and players are skeptical, but intrigued.

PEDRO: Alright, let's do it.

The strange man hands each player a special baseball bat, and they all touch it at the same time. Suddenly, they're transported back in time.

CUT TO:

EXT. OLD COMISKEY PARK - DAY (1960)

The team finds themselves in an old ballpark, surrounded by legendary White Sox players like Minnie Minoso and Nellie Fox.

PEDRO: Wow, this is amazing. We're actually in the presence of baseball greatness.

VAUGHN: But how are we supposed to learn from them? They're from a different era.

Suddenly, a young boy appears.

YOUNG BOY: Hi, I'm Jimmy. I'm a huge White Sox fan. I can show you how to play like the old timers.

The team is skeptical, but they agree to let Jimmy teach them. Jimmy takes them through a series of drills and exercises that he learned from watching the old players.

CUT TO:

EXT. OLD COMISKEY PARK - DAY (1979)

The team is transported to a different time period, where they find themselves in the presence of the legendary Harold Baines.

HAROLD BAINES: Welcome, boys. I hear you're here to learn from the best.

PEDRO: Yes, sir. We're struggling this season, and we need to learn from the greats.

HAROLD BAINES: Well, you've come to the right place. Let's get to work.

Harold takes the team through a series of hitting and fielding drills that he learned during his Hall of Fame career.

CUT TO:

EXT. GUARANTEED RATE FIELD - DAY (PRESENT DAY)

The team is back on their home field, and they're playing better than ever. They're hitting home runs, making incredible catches, and dominating their opponents.

PEDRO: I can't believe it. You guys are playing like a different team.

GIOLITO: We learned so much from the old White Sox players. It's like we have their skills and knowledge now.

PEDRO: You guys are amazing. Keep up the good work.

The team celebrates their victory, and the strange man appears once again.

STRANGE MAN (Really, just Mark Buehrle bored in retirement): You did it, boys. You learned from the best, and now you're the best.

TIM ANDERSON: Thank you so much for taking us on this incredible journey.

BUEHRLE: You're welcome. Now go out there and win that championship.

The team nods, and the strange man disappears into thin air. They look at each other and smile, ready to take on any challenge that comes their way.

FADE OUT.

My favorite part of this is the cameo from @Y2Jimmy0 teaching the Sox in the '60s

1 minute ago, Quin said:

My favorite part of this is the cameo from @Y2Jimmy0 teaching the Sox in the '60s

Best part is it’s only a 90 minute movie because Buehrle

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Looking on the bright side, Santos, Lambert and Middleton have been pretty good out of the pen. Wonder who they dump when Gio comes off bereavement

Not only when Gio comes back but also when Hendriks and Crochet come back also. Both should have rehab assignments and I have no idea when those come but if Colome also comes up this BP will be getting a makeover and look quite different in possibly a month or so. Also by then maybe we have TA and Moncada back too.

25 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not only when Gio comes back but also when Hendriks and Crochet come back also. Both should have rehab assignments and I have no idea when those come but if Colome also comes up this BP will be getting a makeover and look quite different in possibly a month or so. Also by then maybe we have TA and Moncada back too.

The next time the Sox have too much pitching will be the first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Would it be Canada without Poutine?

According to their ballpark guide they have 16 spots offering Poutine and they also came out with a Poutine hot dog this year. 

https://bluejaysnation.com/news/rogers-centre-introducing-new-poutine-hot-dog

Ha. Quebec has the best poutine in Canada in my humble opinion. Maybe Montreal will get an expansion team down the road and MLB can bring back the Expos! 

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Harold Baines would never talk that much... or he would just whisper. 

Note: ChatGPT desperately needs to be infused with the spirits of Fox Aparicio and Pierce. 

Edited by caulfield12

Liam Hendriks leads the 2023 Chicago White Sox with 100 TWTW for defeating cancer 100 to 0 on 4/20,

Additional White Sox Pitchers with double digit TWTW this season include Mike Clevinger, Dylan Cease, Lucas Giolito, Gregory Santos, Keynan Middleton and Jimmy Lambert

Luis Robert leads White Sox hitters in TWTW, followed by Grandal, Vaughn, Burger, Moncada, Anderson, Benintendi and Colas.

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

You have to really consider perhaps Burger being the 1B of the future at some point, considering the lack of 30+ HR pop Vaughn has shown so far. 

He will hit enough to not be replaced but not enough to be a true slugger.