Sox @ Blue Jays 6:07 CT

Vote4Pedro

• Quin pinned this topic

Toronto is 13-9 and the Sox 7-15. Tot is 4-2 at home and the Sox 4-9 on the road. 

The Sox better toughen up and put in a better physical and mental effort as opposed to their lackluster TB series performance. 

This isn't about whether they like or respect Pedro. They need get mad and put their big boy pants on and play as the major leaguers who the Sox chose to help this team win and were paid extremely well for that.

The Sox collectively need to quit this BS play where it appears they don't care. Get rid of all these constant ways you keep finding to lose

The Sox either rise to the occasion and stop this horrible 2023 start and win their damn first series of the year, or they can continue to chock and play with no passion and effort. If they do the latter, they can go back home 7-18 or 8-17 to face the hottest team Tampa Bay, who they just got spanked by.

10 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Toronto is 13-9 and the Sox 7-15. Tot is 4-2 at home and the Sox 4-9 on the road. 

The Sox better toughen up and put in a better physical and mental effort as opposed to their lackluster TB series performance. 

This isn't about whether they like or respect Pedro. They need get mad and put their big boy pants on and play as the major leaguers who the Sox chose to help this team win and were paid extremely well for that.

The Sox collectively need to quit this BS play where it appears they don't care. Get rid of all these constant ways you keep finding to lose

The Sox either rise to the occasion and stop this horrible 2023 start and win their damn first series of the year, or they can continue to chock and play with no passion and effort. If they do the latter, they can go back home 7-18 or 8-17 to face the hottest team Tampa Bay, who they just got spanked by.

As long as I've been on Soxtalk, people have been under this strange delusion that if only the players "gave more effort" or "had passion" (or some similar term) they would be better.

Example A: Sox hitter grounds out weakly to the second basemen...

Soxtalk Member 1: What a terrible effort.

Soxtalk Member 2: What a lazy swing...

Sometimes you are just in a slump. And sometimes you just aren't very good... I have a hard time believing that if only we had more passion we would be contenders.

Fundamentally the problem is we give up too many walks, and don't take enough ourselves. I don't think passion and effort changes that in a major way. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

As long as I've been on Soxtalk, people have been under this strange delusion that if only the players "gave more effort" or "had passion" (or some similar term) they would be better.

Example A: Sox hitter grounds out weakly to the second basemen...

Soxtalk Member 1: What a terrible effort.

Soxtalk Member 2: What a lazy swing...

Sometimes you are just in a slump. And sometimes you just aren't very good... I have a hard time believing that if only we had more passion we would be contenders.

Fundamentally the problem is we give up too many walks, and don't take enough ourselves. I don't think passion and effort changes that in a major way. 

I didn't only use passion and effort. I did mention they need to give a better physical and mental effort as well. However if you think this team played with a ton of passion at Tampa Bay, then I'm not sure what you were watching. Btw, giving a better effort is not delusional as you refer to. It is a key component to being a good winning team. 

You're right the Sox pitchers walk too many batters. There needs to be a stronger mental approach from the pitchers, as well as the physical ability to start throwing more strikes and better pitches, which is passion and effort.

You're right the Sox batters are extremely undisciplined in their batting approach and don't take enough walks, get too little good hitting counts and swing at way too many pitches outside the zone. This especially takes a more passionate effort from each hitter and a better mental approach.

• Hawk 1

2 hours ago, Vote4Pedro said:

I’ll give it a try for the first time this season….Let’s get this thing moving in the right direction. A vote for Pedro is a vote for all! LFG! 

Lynn vs Bassitt

In the proud tradition of Chicago politics....I'll vote for Pedro Twice.

Oops, didn't mean to talk politics....sorry all.

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Did I overdose and suddenly land myself in a Disney Channel Original Movie about baseball?

2 hours ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Looking on the bright side, Santos, Lambert and Middleton have been pretty good out of the pen. Wonder who they dump when Gio comes off bereavement

That's the Cleveland way of building a bullpen from within the organization, as opposed to the Hahn way of throwing $$$$$$$$ at Kimbrel, Graveman, and Kelly. We could of had a legitimate second baseman, SP, and a right fielder by now instead of counting on two rookies and Cueto/Clevinger.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

41 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I didn't only use passion and effort. I did mention they need to give a better physical and mental effort as well. However if you think this team played with a ton of passion at Tampa Bay, then I'm not sure what you were watching. Btw, giving a better effort is not delusional as you refer to. It is a key component to being a good winning team. 

You're right the Sox pitchers walk too many batters. There needs to be a stronger mental approach from the pitchers, as well as the physical ability to start throwing more strikes and better pitches, which is passion and effort.

You're right the Sox batters are extremely undisciplined in their batting approach and don't take enough walks, get too little good hitting counts and swing at way too many pitches outside the zone. This especially takes a more passionate effort from each hitter and a better mental approach.

I thought the new manager would address this like he did with the Royals. Winning tradition. 

49 minutes ago, wegner said:

Does anyone know if you can get Poutene at the ballpark in Toronto?

Would it be Canada without Poutine?

According to their ballpark guide they have 16 spots offering Poutine and they also came out with a Poutine hot dog this year. 

https://bluejaysnation.com/news/rogers-centre-introducing-new-poutine-hot-dog

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

The Chicago White Sox organization from top to bottom have a very poor baseball IQ and have been for a number of years. 

Until Anderson comes back they will struggle to score runs not because Anderson is that awesome but his replacement always seem to arguably be the worst play in baseball.  Last year it was Leury.  This year it is Romy Sosa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Would it be Canada without Poutine?

According to their ballpark guide they have 16 spots offering Poutine and they also came out with a Poutine hot dog this year. 

https://bluejaysnation.com/news/rogers-centre-introducing-new-poutine-hot-dog

Outstanding, thank you.  Making notes of all ballparks for hopefully future trips and my son does love Poutine (sorry for the earlier mispelling...I think I may have been asking whether they serve a certain shampoo).

Cheers.