5/10- Sox at Royals, 6:40

flavum

• Quin pinned this topic

Gamethreads were fun when Colome was with the team the 1st time doing his high wire act closing out games. He usually made it interesting but would finish off the save. Alas, no more.

I hope Nick Padilla doesn't suck.

28 minutes ago, wegner said:

Gamethreads were fun when Colome was with the team the 1st time doing his high wire act closing out games. He usually made it interesting but would finish off the save. Alas, no more.

That's how you fix a bullpen.  Keep sorting out dorks until you find ones who suck less than the first bunch did. So Hahn knows something.  But Colome was a hoot and a half the first time here.  My stomach lining will never be the same.  Useful for a couple of years.  Worth Narvaez?   I say yes.

• Like 2

A day without Billy Hamilton is like a day without sunshine. Find it hard to conceive his legs and hamstrings are capable of being injured.

2023 Winning Streaks without Billy Hamilton: Zero

2023 Series Wins without Billy Hamilton: Zero

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, flavum said:

Jeff Cohen of Sox Machine sure did nail it with his astute baseball observations that Rick Hahn has really developed a strong Triple-A club to supply the White Sox big league team with ample talent.  https://soxmachine.com/2023/05/credit-white-sox-rick-hahn-for-building-roster-depth-in-triple-a-charlotte/

First paragraph: Rick Hahn isn’t getting much love these days, but early returns suggest he did at least one thing really well in 2023. Thanks to Hahn, the Triple-A Charlotte Knights is home to ample roster depth for his major-league squad.

Third paragraph: Thus far, the Knights have supplied the White Sox with 11 players: Jake Burger, Lenyn Sosa, Jesse Scholtens, Adam Haseley, Tanner Banks, Billy Hamilton, Alex Colomé, Nick Padilla, Keynan Middleton, Sammy Peralta and most recently Carlos Perez.

Scorecard: Of the 11 sent up:  Jake Burger IL, Billy Hamilton - IL,  Jesse Scholtens - back down, Tanner Banks - back down, Sammy Peralta - back down, Alex Colomé - DFA

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hawk 1

59 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Jake Marisnick era begins!

Let's hope one of these Charlotte boys finally works out!

G       AB         R  H 2B 3B HR RBI   BB    SO  SB   CS  BA  OBP SLG OPS        
Jake Marisnick  CF

30  87 12 23     6   1    1     9 17 23 8 1 .264 .407    .391 .798

2 hours ago, wegner said:

Welcome to Slap Happy Sox Talk. 

2 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

That's how you fix a bullpen.  Keep sorting out dorks until you find ones who suck less than the first bunch did. So Hahn knows something.  But Colome was a hoot and a half the first time here.  My stomach lining will never be the same.  Useful for a couple of years.  Worth Narvaez?   I say yes.

The White Sox still don't have a starting catcher to replace the second most expensive Sox player in Grandal...thanks to Hostetler/Collins. 

So back on the FA market for Realmuto...not!, at least not until his his very final 1-2 years in the big leagues when he has absolutely nothing left like our former Brewers/A's guy who was really good 4-5 years earlier before we brought him on board. 

Perez, Zavala and pray for Salas... 

Look at the Cardinals' mess with Contreras attempting to replace Molina in order to to just see how important a quality defense-first veteran backstop really is. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Fire 1

21 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Let's hope one of these Charlotte boys finally works out!

G       AB         R  H 2B 3B HR RBI   BB    SO  SB   CS  BA  OBP SLG OPS        
Jake Marisnick  CF

30  87 12 23     6   1    1     9 17 23 8 1 .264 .407    .391 .798

Victor Lopez Era beginning next week... 

2 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Or pick up former Sox arms...? 

I jest, a bit.  It's the anti-Hahn plan made famous by George Costanza in the 1990s Yankees' front office. 

Hahn Comedy of Errors at least via providing some relief looking at yet another be fiddling set of rosters moves where other execs must be shaking their heads as they come across the transactions wire. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Jeff Cohen of Sox Machine sure did nail it with his astute baseball observations that Rick Hahn has really developed a strong Triple-A club to supply the White Sox big league team with ample talent.  https://soxmachine.com/2023/05/credit-white-sox-rick-hahn-for-building-roster-depth-in-triple-a-charlotte/

First paragraph: Rick Hahn isn’t getting much love these days, but early returns suggest he did at least one thing really well in 2023. Thanks to Hahn, the Triple-A Charlotte Knights is home to ample roster depth for his major-league squad.

Third paragraph: Thus far, the Knights have supplied the White Sox with 11 players: Jake Burger, Lenyn Sosa, Jesse Scholtens, Adam Haseley, Tanner Banks, Billy Hamilton, Alex Colomé, Nick Padilla, Keynan Middleton, Sammy Peralta and most recently Carlos Perez.

Scorecard: Of the 11 sent up:  Jake Burger IL, Billy Hamilton - IL,  Jesse Scholtens - back down, Tanner Banks - back down, Sammy Peralta - back down, Alex Colomé - DFA

And we haven't even come close to the average of 11-13 MLB starting pitchers used per season. 

And with Martin out indefinitely...might as well just throw Vera out there to see what happens. 

Or Yosimar Cousin after an extended layoff defecting from Cuba. 

• Like 1