White Sox at Royals, 5/11/23

Balta1701

Just now, bmags said:

I am not sure I’ve ever been more wrong about anything than I was about how Lopez would fare this year

I don’t get why he keeps getting chances. He’s lucky some of these have been on the road, as he was going to give up more runs of the inning continued.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He's never once called for a safety or suicide squeeze yet to get a run across in extras. There have been opportunities.

Or hit and run or really anything that shows he’s not the most generic thinker of all time 

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I am not sure I’ve ever been more wrong about anything than I was about how Lopez would fare this year

I still think he'll be awesome in the 2nd half pitching out of a contenders bullpen. But now isn't the time to defend him.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'll admit I wanted him to be the closer when the Hendriks trade talk was going on, but hey it's ok to be wrong about relievers since they are so unpredictable.

• Like 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I still think he'll be awesome in the 2nd half pitching out of a contenders bullpen. But now isn't the time to defend him.

I bet he could go to a forward thinking team and they work with him on what works and what doesn’t work.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I don’t get why he keeps getting chances. He’s lucky some of these have been on the road, as he was going to give up more runs of the inning continued.

Have to start letting Graveman Kelly and occasionally Santos and Middleton take those shots. 

Doesn't matter with Hendriks coming back soon I guess. 

Can’t wait to hear the bullshit from Hahn tomorrow before the game.  Let’s see him try to lawyer talk his way out of this.

The only GM to lead the team to 2 consecutive playoff appearances in the history of the White Sox will start by saying that no one is more disappointed in the start than he is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Or hit and run or really anything that shows he’s not the most generic thinker of all time 

Twins' finale will go down as their last best shot to get back into it. 

Now they're really dead. 

Four blown opportunities doesn't go unpunished in big leagues. 

Just now, fathom said:

I bet he could go to a forward thinking team and they work with him on what works and what doesn’t work.  

His stuff is awesome and he's striking out 33% of guys. That'll play pretty much anywhere. It does seem like the pitch clock is in his head, but I also think he's pitching into very tough luck right now. Every mistake is punished in a way that isn't sustainable.

Just now, GreenSox said:

The only GM to lead the team to 2 consecutive playoff appearances in the history of the White Sox will start by saying that no one is more disappointed in the start than he is.

He's going to have to have one of those fake casts and tell everyone he broke his hand in frustration from pounding a table or filing cabinet to elicit some sympathy.  

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

His stuff is awesome and he's striking out 33% of guys. That'll play pretty much anywhere. It does seem like the pitch clock is in his head, but I also think he's pitching into very tough luck right now. Every mistake is punished in a way that isn't sustainable.

Maybe he needs a change up against lefties?  Not sure, but seems they have destroyed him in games I’ve watched.

Also once Tim got hurt the stolen base attempts went way down too.

I also wonder what the heck they are doing with Colas. They really don't have anyone better for RF and they need the power LHB.

I mean it's not like he's taking a bunch of pitches in AAA trying to work counts. If he's going to do that just put him in RF and keep him there and pound in into his head that he has to start barreling balls and hitting it harder . You can't make good contact hitting a bunch of pitchers pitches. Get some damn counts in your favor and then be selctive on what you swing at when you're ahead.

• Like 1

• Capn12 unpinned this topic