That's another k0pech white sox winner

bmags

Very nice win. Kopech has been outstanding the last 2 times out. 

Burger can't wait to get outta Cleveland....Romy loves it there. Anderson with a nice hit up the middle with a RISP!!!

Jimmy Lambert started Game 1 in Cleveland and finished Game 3. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

2.36 ERA for Sox SP in the last 13 games. How is he still employed?!

Funny how facing the bottom of the barrell of baseball lets you pad your stats. We all know what's gonna happen when they face <insert any Non-ALC team>

I'll start to get mildly interested when they prove that this last stretch of games wasn't a total fluke

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice back to back starts for Kopech! Hopefully going forward this is the new dominant Kopech we were all hoping for from day one of the Chris Sale trade. These last two starts have been MLB elite, with W-L, 2-0, 15 IP, 19 K's, 1 BB, 0 ER's.

His fastball is definitely elite electric with that extra gear as its been referred to as.

I recall earlier in the season many of us were complaining (me included) about Kopech's fastball velocity being down. In today's game Kopech hit the following FB speeds on the radar gun.....96+ 26 times, 97+ 11 times, 98+ 4 times and 99+ 2 times. This is ML elite velocity along with elite accuracy in his last two starts.

The offense is still very spotty and inconsistent. Only 4 hits, but we'll take the 6 runs.

Edited by The Kids Can Play

1 minute ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Nice back to back starts for Kopech! Hopefully going forward this is the new dominant Kopech we were all hoping for from day one of the Chris Sale trade. These last two starts have been MLB elite, with W-L, 2-0, 15 Inn, 19 K's, 1 BB, 0 ER's.

His fastball is definitely elite electric with that extra gear as its been referred to as.

I recall earlier in the season many of us were complaining (me included) about Kopech's fastball velocity being down. In today's game Kopech hit the following FB speeds on the radar gun.....96+ 26 times, 97+ 11 times, 98+ 4 times and 99+ 2 times. This is ML elite velocity along with elite accuracy in his last two starts.

The offense is still very spotty and inconsistent. Only 4 hits, but we'll take the 6 runs.

I noticed he's got a different windup and looks to no longer be tipping his pitches. That and the more consistent FB velo probably has a ton to do with the last 2 starts.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wegner said:

Asking Seby about Kopech in the post game...."What is it about his fastball?"....."They can't hit it" 😁

Seby should be paired with the three top pitchers the rest of the season. Grandal can handle Lynn and the 5th starter.

There is a reason the White Sox are only two games over .500 (versus 21 overall) in games Grandal has played his entire White Sox career.

2023 Splits:

• Kopech: Zavala .636 OPS 3.34 ERA vs. Grandal .993 OPS 6.97 ERA - Doesn't include Zavala start today.
  • Giolito: Zavala .634 OPS 2.75 ERA vs. Grandal 1.435 OPS 15.75 ERA
  • Cease: Zavala .684 OPS 3.22 ERA vs. Grandal .740 OPS 5.45 ERA
Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Funny how facing the bottom of the barrell of baseball lets you pad your stats. We all know what's gonna happen when they face <insert any Non-ALC team>

I'll start to get mildly interested when they prove that this last stretch of games wasn't a total fluke

Angels, Yankees, Dodgers,Rangers, Red Sox all coming up with Marlins and Mariners sprinkled in

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

2.36 ERA for Sox SP in the last 13 games. How is he still employed?!

You mean KC 4 times, Astros 3 times when they were minus several starters and struggling and Guardians 6 times. 

It's impressive but let's see how they do against the good teams coming up on the schedule.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Seby should be paired with the three top pitchers the rest of the season. Grandal can handle Lynn and the 5th starter.

There is a reason the White Sox are only two games over .500 (versus 21 overall) in games Grandal has played his entire White Sox career.

2023 Splits:

• Kopech: Zavala .636 OPS 3.34 ERA vs. Grandal .993 OPS 6.97 ERA - Doesn't include Zavala start today.

Totally agree! These three starters should never have to have Grandal catch for them again...NEVER!

I don't give a s%*# if Seby's bat isn't as good at Grandal, his catching skills for these three Sox pitchers is a must. They should not have to be subjected to an older and slower Grandal, who isn't as good as Seby at digging out the off-speed pitches out of the dirt. I also think Seby calls a better game.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

30 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

When you beat the Royals but thought it was the Dodgers. 

19 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Totally agree! These three starters should never have to have Grandal catch for them again...NEVER!

I don't give a s%*# if Seby's bat isn't as good at Grandal, his catching skills for these three Sox pitchers is a must. They should not have to be subjected to an older and slower Grandal, who isn't as good as Seby at digging out the off-speed pitches out of the dirt. I also think Seby calls a better game.

Grandal can catch Lynn, a primary FB pitcher, but has problems handling breaking balls and game calling.

I fear Hahn will sign Grandal this offseason for another few years at say $10M-$12M a year, when the priority should be to have two lower cost catchers that can catch and game call, and use resources to fill 2B and if Colas is still not ready later this year, a RF.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

2023 Splits: