Things that drive you crazy when watch/listen to games

Dan Pasqua

1. Announcer saying the word "variety".  There is no variety dippo

2. Popup and the guy just jogs around the bases without care if it drops and could be thrown out...pay attention dumbaz

3. Announcer saying "the Gwynns, the Boggs, the Jeters"...I'm like there arent more than 1 you dolt.

4. Guys that wear their hat crooked.

5. Announcer who says the game is over when it's not.  

How about you guys?

Edited by Dan Pasqua
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dan Pasqua said:

2. Popup and the guy just jogs around the bases without care if it drops and could be thrown out...pay attention dumbaz

3. Announcer saying "the Gwynns, the Boggs, the Jeters"...I'm like there arent more than 1 you dolt.

4. Guys that wear there hat crooked.

How about you guys?

Announced saying there when they mean they're or their. 🧋 :cheers

Do or die. Sudden death. This is war. Any of those analogies. It's a reality TV show that has manipulated the public into believing it's more important than it actually is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It occurs in 3rd innings, is cursed, involves awful singing, and forces me to use my mute button.

And will not happen this evening.....one of the only things I like about ESPN.

Edited by wegner
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, wegner said:

It's occurs in 3rd innings, is cursed, involves awful singing, and forces me to use my mute button.

And will not happen this evening.....one of the only things I like about ESPN.

As an American I'm offended. That which you do not like has been used successfully to break terrorists into revealing key details. It's how we really found out where Bin Laden was hiding. 

Just now, Texsox said:

As an American I'm offended. That which you do not like has been used successfully to break terrorists into revealing key details. It's how we really found out where Bin Laden was hiding. 

I am happy to learn that such cruel and ununusual punishment was used for good... I also think Jason should be sent to Guantanamo for it's continued abuse.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Dan Pasqua said:

How about you guys?

There's actually three Gwynns, six Boggses, and three Jeters.

Only one Konerko though.

1 hour ago, Dan Pasqua said:

How about you guys?

Sox math.

Nationwide is on your side.

• Like 1

I get annoyed when guys celebrate in a big moment like they have won the World Series. Sure, it’s a big moment in a regular season, but as a player, you have to know you haven’t won s%*# yet.

When a player is being a dick to another player and show them up after striking them out and then people call it gamesmanship. Pedro Strop was the king of this.

Edited by The Beast
  • Like 1
  • TLR 1

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Variety of pitches? 

Repertoire? 

Movement in out/up down/side to side? 

Sweeper cutter slider screwball? 

Two seam/four seam? 

Right, like, variety.

I don’t understand the “there is no variety”

11 hours ago, Dan Pasqua said:

This so much, and it goes beyond games, even beyond sports.  I hate all instances of it.

Another one is when they are doing an interview while the game is being played, thus not even showing the action.

Also, not sure if it's ESPN or FOX, but whoever does the mic'ing of players while they are playing needs to stop.

"The umpires in the stands..."  A. They aren't umpires.  B. They are biased and their opinion is irrelevant.

"The pitcher wanted that one..."  Really?, you don't say

soxmath and singing the Nationwide jingle have become tiresome, silly, and pointless. Jason and Stone are among the best when they stay in the game but can be irritating when they drift away from the game taking place on the field, and ramble off topic. Gordon is insufferable and his reliance on hyperbole and platitudes is distracting. 

• Like 1

- Nationwide Jingle

- Sox Math

- Benetti and Stone eating food while doing the game.

- Anytime Gordon Beckham is in the booth.

- Jason when he decides to ramble and talk too much, because he thinks he is the main reason you are tuning in to listen to him. as opposed to tuning in to watch the Sox play baseball.

- Jason who to this day has the all-time worst home run call. 

- Anytime the Sox have to play on ESPN, Fox or Amazon Prime.