6/30 - Sox @ Vegas A’s of Oakland: 840CT

ChiSox59

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If hockey worked in Vegas (and it has...swimmingly)...baseball will work just fine assuming they do the stadium right.  Knowing Vegas, they'll do the stadium right.  I think Vegas will be an incredible spot for an MLB team.  

Yup. I know i'd be there at least once a year or whenever the Sox are in town. Always love a good excuse to go to Vegas. 

Edited by DoUEvenShift
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Grinder said:

i realize that Oakland is considered the ugly step sister of SF, but I always thought that if the A's had decent ownership and a better venue they would at least be a viable force in the Bay area. Vegas would support a MLB team but lets hope its an expansion team down the road. Maybe Oakland can pull a rabbit out of its hat like the one baseball team did in Chicago back in the 80's (doubtful but can hope!)

The Giants blocked their move to San Jose several years ago. Their package offered in Oakland is far better than what Las Vegas passed. This owner is beyond greedy.

I was a fan of the A's growing up even though they were a rival of the Sox, primarily because of the color of their uniforms and Ricky Henderson. I will despise them if they move to Vegas, a town I've been visiting for 30 + years, visit annually with family there and love the Golden Knights.

A few two team cities broke up in the 1950s, and then you had O'Malley's greed stealing the Dodgers, but the Bud Selig destroyed Montreal Expos have been the one relocation over the past 50 years. Owners threaten to move all the time in taxpayer shakedown schemes, but it rarely happens in recent memory. Montreal is the lone city without one or two current MLB teams among the cities that lost one or two franchises over the years.

MLB relocation:

• 1903 - New York Yankees: Baltimore Orioles (1901-1902)
  • 1954 - Baltimore Orioles: Milwaukee Brewers (1901); Saint Louis Browns (1902-1953)
  • 1958 - San Francisco Giants: New York (1883-1957)
  • 1958 - Los Angeles Dodgers: Brooklyn (1884-1957)
  • 1961 - Minnesota Twins: Washington Senators (1901-1960)
  • 1966 - Atlanta MLB Team: Boston (1876-1952); Milwaukee (1953-1965)
  • 1968 - Oakland Athletics: Philadelphia (1901-1954); Kansas City (1955-1967)
  • 1970 - Milwaukee Brewers: Seattle Pilots (1969)
  • 1972 - Texas Rangers: Washington Senators II (1961-1971)
  • 2005 - Washington Nationals: Montreal Expos (1969-2004)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Capn12 said:

.....and on that, you won't hear me disagree either, but that is a super sore subject for most.

Pretty much sucks for the Sox that they have one of the fanbases that want a good product on the field.

5 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Like South Side said I hope the A's can remain in Oakland. But LV does deserve an expansion team

That being said, we need to take 2 of 3 

Dare I root for the cubs this weekend??

it sucks, but the White Sox gods above will ok us to root for the Cubs for this series. I am definitely on board as a huge Baltimore fan this weekend! ☺️

• Hawk 1

32 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Remi in the bottom of the order, TA at 2. Rinse repeat on the lineup, it seems.

Would say Tim is OK #2 vs. LHS. Bigger problem is the Sox only have four good to very good hitters (Robert Jr., Vaughn, Eloy and Benintendi).

Remillard has an unsustainable .500 BABIP. Also has a lower isolated slugging than Tim (.033 vs. .038), so also should be at the bottom of the order.

Jake needs rest, has been a part time platoon DH prior to this year, now is an everyday 3B, possibly until the end of the season. He's having trouble with all aspects of the game except running at this stage.

Remillard gives me big time Whit Merrifield vibes. Obviously an absolute best case scenario, and comps are lazy, but he reminded me of him just watching him play. Then I looked it up and merrifield wasn’t much in the minors either before breaking in as an old rookie. 

we can dream. 

Edited by Pale Sox

2 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

Remillard gives me big time Whit Merrifield vibes. Obviously an absolute best case scenario, and player comps are usually just lazy thinking, but he reminded me of him just watching him play. Then I looked it up and merrifield wasn’t much in the minors either before breaking in as an old rookie. 

we can dream. 

Sorry I messed up here quoting instead of editing. I’m a dummy. Apologies. 

Edited by Pale Sox

No twitter access, hopefully it's just temporary, as I have no social media accounts besides here and a beer site at this stage.

Only highlights in game will be the MLB Gameday clips unless others post twitter clips in the game thread. Much obliged for those who can and will do so.

14 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

No twitter access, hopefully it's just temporary, as I have no social media accounts besides here and a beer site at this stage.

Only highlights in game will be the MLB Gameday clips unless others post twitter clips in the game thread. Much obliged for those who can and will do so.

Yes it's temporary. Mr. Twitter said there was a surge of non-twitter accounts scraping the servers causing lag. 

• Thanks 1

To Everyone who is saying that Remi’s current clip is unsustainable, I’m not disagreeing. I actually agree 100%.  BUT while he IS hitting like he is, you ride the hot hand. It isn’t some crazy, complex thought process. While he is hot, let him hit more, at the top of the order, while TA sorts himself out.

• Hawk 1

• Kyyle23 pinned this topic
  • Capn12 unpinned this topic