7/6- White Sox vs Blue Jays, Gm 2, 8:00

flavum

I don't see anyway that the # of season ticket holders doesn't shrink dramatically this off season. This is an absolutely awful product on the field. In Game One, I honestly could not enjoy Lynn's performance because the Sox offense was so sickeningly inept.

36 minutes ago, The Beast said:

They cannot succeed unless he goes back to form. That power needs to come back and the production needs to be back. My theory is that it is a health issue.

My hypothesis is that he has the lowest launch angle in baseball after having his last set of coaches constantly telling him he needed to hit the ball on the ground.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, wegner said:

I don't see anyway that the # of season ticket holders doesn't shrink dramatically this off season. This is an absolutely awful product on the field. In Game One, I honestly could not enjoy Lynn's performance because the Sox offense was so sickeningly inept.

It was a really bad day that just highlighted all the failures to build a winner. A guy coming in with an era over 6 gives you a shutout quality start, only to have the offense fail to score a single run at home in the middle of summer. Despite that, you have a chance to win in extras but can't execute and lose in predictable fashion -- again, middle of summer, seen plenty of bad offense at this point regardless of pitching.

2nd game just overmatched. You're starting a guy that has no present and no future, and pretty much doing the same with every reliever that enters. Offense might score 4-5, but that's not going to be enough given the pitching depth.

A bad team, a bad roster and bad ownership and management.

• Like 1

DVS tonight:

"These are difficult times for the Sox front office, which is not in an enviable position as it come to grips with a failed rebuild that produced nothing more than a Wild Card, a division title and 0-for-2 in postseasons."

Like Nightengale said on Garfein's latest Podcast, "This is the shortest contention window in history, just two years." 😆

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I might have to delay my son’s first game with my old man and I. It’s sad.

Your situation would be the one exception.

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

At this point I just put the games on for background noise and I finish up last minute work stuff so I can enjoy my weekends sooner. This organization has taken just about all of my fandom away. From top down this entire franchise is a fraud. 

• Like 5
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, wegner said:

Hey, I thought it was supposed to be hard to win both games of a double header?

Going back to game 1, does Bummer ever have a middle gear? He either looks great or dog crap. How about just serviceable every now and then?

When does he look great?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I went through five pages of this s%*# thread, with no answer to your Italian Hat conundrum.

Hope they honored your request.

Oh no. I had answered you in the other game thread but that thread must've been closed before I hit reply because it's not there.

The rat bastards gave me MY hat top 8th inning of game one and I hoofed it outta there. 

Cool hat by the way but damn that was a rough 7 innings of Sox offense to sit through.

3 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

When does he look great?

When he throws strikes he's a good reliever. Honestly I didn't see or hear the 11th in game 1 and just saw the box score....seems like he just got rocked by the stats.

Fair enough though....great might've been a bit of a stretch.