Sox v Braves @ 6:20 GAME THREAD

2Deep

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

He has never been good beyond a few games here and there as a starter. His 69 good innings out of the bullpen in 2021 is really all they have.

A legitimate GM would likely either deal Kopech and Crochet or just be resigned to their fate of hoping to get 60-70 quality innings out of the bullpen.

It appears that is the extent their body can take, not sure Crochet can take that much.

Kopech has pitched a number of good games and Crochet has a lot of upside. I know that this hasn’t looked good but things happen. Five walks in the first sucks but it’s just one game 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I posted July stats, not past 28 or 30 days.

White Sox July OPS through the All Start Break (minimum 5 plate appearances)

1. .627 Zavala
  2. .437 Grandal

So 16 ABs basically for both. 

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

Kopech has pitched a number of good games and Crochet has a lot of upside. I know that this hasn’t looked good but things happen. Five walks in the first sucks but it’s just one game 

Lol. Jerry loves you

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

When did you become Greg with the trolling?

Just now, elrockinMT said:

Will agree with first part of sentence...but nobody has a clue whether Crochet will actually succeed even as a reliever at this point.

Time for attaching "potential" to guys like Moncada Kopech Eloy is long past.

It is what it is.

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

The FIP constant puts FIP onto the same scale as the entire league's ERA, where around 5.00 is bad, 4.00 is about average, 3.00 is good, and below 3.00 is getting into Cy Young territory. 

4.54 FIP going into today, over 4.60 after his page is refreshed overnight.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/k/kopecmi01.shtml

Just now, oldsox said:

Why would they start Kopech first game after the break? All pitchers are rested.  Sorry if someone else already asked this.

Most likely because they’re about to trade then