Guardians at Sox Game 3 Sat 610 pm

caulfield12

The joy of the Premier League and other European leagues is there are no playoffs, and there is relegation.

Two 15 team Leagues (14 opponents X 12 round robin) 168 regular season. Zero interleague but All Star Game and World Series.

Bottom two teams relegated, top two AAA teams promoted, with same for AAA/AA and AA/A.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

tim going the other way nice to see

Combined with him pulling one for power....hell ya.

How fun is it to enjoy a White Sox game on a Saturday night!!

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The joy of the Premier League and other European leagues is there are no playoffs, and there is relegation.

Two 15 team Leagues (14 opponents X 12 round robin) 168 regular season. Zero interleague but All Star Game and World Series.

Bottom two teams relegated, top two AAA teams promoted, with same for AAA/AA and AA/A.

A odd number league doesn't work unless you don't mind one team not playing for three or four days straight. But that's a minor issue. Your plan works also. 

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I'm a huge fan of European soccer, but I wouldn't want relegation coming to US sports. Cheering for a soccer team that's in the relegation mix or goes down is miserable. That's the only thing that could make being a White Sox fan less enjoyable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

A odd number league doesn't work unless you don't mind one team not playing for three or four days straight. But that's a minor issue. Your plan works also. 

True, my bad. OK with contraction to 14 or expansion to 16. Think the most feasible solution is to have two divisions in each league and four playoff teams. Best of 7 = up to 28 games.

Current set up will have an extra week of playoffs, but the regular season is diluted with these unworthy teams in the playoffs.

I put asterisks by wild card "World Champions", they couldn't even win a four or five team division.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'm a huge fan of European soccer, but I wouldn't want relegation coming to US sports. Cheering for a soccer team that's in the relegation mix or goes down is miserable. That's the only thing that could make being a White Sox fan less enjoyable.

True. Here's a sad thought. You're assuming the Sox will ever go up to even be in the position to be relegated. 

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The pathetic MLB owners tried to pull bullshit by ending relegation and creating a Super League. Europeans wouldn't stand for that bullshit.

North American owners would never risk relegation, it would never happen, but doesn't mean it shouldn't. Would cure tanking incentives for certain.