8/20 Games

BamaDoc

Harold (anyone), you know anything about Nishida playing centerfield?  Perhaps getting comfortable defensively delayed his playing?  Is this a permanent/long term thing or just expanding his options?  How does the arm play?

Eder gives up a cheap run in the 3rd. Batter reaches on an IF single on a very close play. He was picked off and CS for the final out, but the ump called him safe. Montgomery seemed pretty sure he got him, and he looked out to me at game speed, but no replay in AA obviously. He scored from second on a single.

5Ks for him through 3IP.

The pick off play:

Edited by Autumn Dreamin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Since Soxtalk thrives on negativity here's a questionable source tweeting about it.

This sounds bleak till you remember that the season ends in two weeks and he’s only missing two starts. I saw someone ask if the Sox would consider sending him to the AFL to make up innings? I think that’s really aggressive, we have to remember that there’s instructs after the season and hopefully we can take part in those. With what’s been reported, I don’t think this injury will impact his innings target for next season.