Update: 3 (2) fans injured by bullet in Guaranteed Rate field (split from game thread, police investigation underway)

Chicago White Sox

5 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

If she was able to ditch the gun, which it seems like she had ample time to do, I wouldn’t expect charges to be approved by the State’s Attorney.

So you think there's a chance she ditched the gun inside the ballpark so it's waiting there for some kid to find?

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It was Eric Dybas who attacked umpire Laz Diaz.

This is what I wrote for my long history on the Sox relationship with the media:

"Mentioning Dybas also brought up another point which left many, even non-conspiratorial individuals wondering what was going on. The following day after the incident both Dybas' girlfriend Kelly Sherwood and his roommate, said on various Chicago radio stations that they were shocked that Dybas was even at a Sox game. Both said he was a diehard dedicated Cub fan who had been drinking heavily at the afternoon Cub game before deciding to go to the Sox game that night. These facts on the individual never seemed to make it into print leaving the impression to many that Dybas was just another "white trash, stupid Sox fan." 

He was actually wearing a Cubs hat when he entered the field, but it fell off quickly. You could see it on the warning track in the background during the attack.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

This is what I wrote for my long history on the Sox relationship with the media:

"Mentioning Dybas also brought up another point which left many, even non-conspiratorial individuals wondering what was going on. The following day after the incident both Dybas' girlfriend Kelly Sherwood and his roommate, said on various Chicago radio stations that they were shocked that Dybas was even at a Sox game. Both said he was a diehard dedicated Cub fan who had been drinking heavily at the afternoon Cub game before deciding to go to the Sox game that night. These facts on the individual never seemed to make it into print leaving the impression to many that Dybas was just another "white trash, stupid Sox fan." 

Thanks Lip.  I was confusing this incident with the Ligue/Gamboa incident.  Thanks for clearing that up!

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

So you think there's a chance she ditched the gun inside the ballpark so it's waiting there for some kid to find?

Did she leave via ambulance or self transport? If it’s the former, she could just move it to a purse or somewhere before being treated. If the latter, she could have done any number of things with it.

I honestly don’t know what happened after the actual shooting as I never read into it. I doubt she was treated as a suspect by park staff, so she would have opportunity to move the gun somewhere else whether or not she was transported by CFD or by herself. But I would doubt she would drop it in the park. Probably just into a purse or other personal property.

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Ironically enough, you were the one I was thinking of when I posted! I remember reading your article when this happened and was thankful for it because all of my friends were die hard Cub fans and they wouldn't let me hear the end of it lol. Got them all to shut up real quick. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Every time I wonder if I care about this story enough or too much, I look at SSHM posts and realize that I’m not that insane 

8 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Weakest of weak sauce south side hit men.  

just terribly sawft

What is weak is your personal insults, cowardice, and whining to Cali about his valid posts.

Do not address me in this manner again.

5 hours ago, NWsideSoxfan said:

I posted a question the other night similar to this one. I think this person is probably tied with the teachers union and protected. All of your other questions are valid. This investigation should have been quick unless everyone is lying and hiding evidence.

Yes, there seems to be reason(s) why many of the details have not been released. Hopefully we can get a full understanding of what occurred, and the person responsible and the Chicago White Sox are held accountable for their actions and inactions on Friday.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

What is weak is your personal insults, cowardice, and whining to Cali about his valid posts.

Do not address me in this manner again.

Yes, there seems to be reason(s) why many of the details have not been released. Hopefully we can get a full understanding of what occurred, and the person responsible and the Chicago White Sox are held accountable for their actions and inactions on Friday.

Unbunch the underwear please it is embarrassing

• Haha 1

A few new answers from this article

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2023/8/30/23852431/what-we-know-and-dont-about-the-white-sox-game-shooting

(On iphone click Sun Times & Athletic article links and select Reader (aA upper left) to access without login).

• 42 year old shot twice (1 through her thigh, 1 entered her calf lodged in shin)
  • 42 CPS employee lives in Montgomery, Illinois (A CPS violation of residency rules)
  • ATF has joined the investigation to assist CPD processing ballistic evidence.
  • A police report was released or obtained, but little information is contained in it.
  • Neither the Sox or CPD has provided any indication when further information will be released.

18 minutes ago, bmags said:

THIS SON OF A b**** WAS VIOLATING CPS RESIDENCY RULES

Relevant for coverup reasons by the CTU/CPS installed Mayor.

She's funded by city residents, she should suffer the same consequences.

Still have nothing on the actual 26 year old shooter, perhaps she's CTU/CPS as well or connected politically via a different path.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

A few new answers from this article

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2023/8/30/23852431/what-we-know-and-dont-about-the-white-sox-game-shooting

(On iphone click Sun Times & Athletic article links and select Reader (aA upper left) to access without login).

• 42 year old shot twice (1 through her thigh, 1 entered her calf lodged in shin)
  • 42 CPS employee lives in Montgomery, Illinois (A CPS violation of residency rules)
  • ATF has joined the investigation to assist CPD processing ballistic evidence.
  • A police report was released or obtained, but little information is contained in it.
  • Neither the Sox or CPD has provided any indication when further information will be released.

She is a CPS employee? The mayor is going to do a photoshoot with her and shake her hand. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Perhaps a big enough “campaign contribution” to the person who doesn’t know the difference between a “mob action” and the mafia will alter a final CPD report.

Jerry Reinsdorf 8/31/23:

At this point all the superintendent is prepared to say is they have not ruled out that they came from outside the ballpark.

CPD Fred Weller 8/28/23:

Investigators “almost completely dispelled” the possibility the gunfire came from outside the stadium.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Perhaps a big enough “campaign contribution” to the person who doesn’t know the difference between a “mob action” and the mafia will alter a final CPD report.

Jerry Reinsdorf 8/31/23:

At this point all the superintendent is prepared to say is they have not ruled out that they came from outside the ballpark.

CPD Fred Weller 8/28/23:

Investigators “almost completely dispelled” the possibility the gunfire came from outside the stadium.

If CPD backtracks on their 8/28 statement, Jerry needs to be investigated and ideally arrested for bribing a public official.  It's clear as day the shot(s) came from inside the park, but hey, it's the Chicago way. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 11:26 AM, JoeCredeYes said:

If CPD backtracks on their 8/28 statement, Jerry needs to be investigated and ideally arrested for bribing a public official.  It's clear as day the shot(s) came from inside the park, but hey, it's the Chicago way. 

The Chicago way also to bury this story, clamp down on the detectives and the CPD from pursuing this further.

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2023/09/seeing-cover-ups.html?m=1

Having this one embarrass BJ or Reinsdorf or the CPS teacher doesn't serve any particular narratives and might invite unwanted scrutiny to other aspects of the event.

The CPS teacher shooter is lying and not cooperative. Jerry is lying, and his security as seen throughout this season in various brawls is as shoddy as his on field product.

If only this were a kid handing out free popcorn, Jerry and his security would have pounced on this instantaneously.

• Like 4

On 8/30/2023 at 5:27 PM, Milkman delivers said:

Did she leave via ambulance or self transport? If it’s the former, she could just move it to a purse or somewhere before being treated. If the latter, she could have done any number of things with it.

Still picturing her fat rolls. I would have roasted Fran cheesies in them.