Cleveland claims Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez

South Side Hit Men

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/08/guardians-claim-lucas-giolito-reynaldo-lopez-waivers-angels.html

Cleveland enters the day 5 games back of the Minnesota Twins, and face them three more games at home to start Labour Day week.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• South Side Hit Men changed the title to Cleveland claims Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez
Just now, Harry Chappas said:

I hope they over take Minnesota. 

Same. I hate Cleveland slightly less than the Twins. Would love to see the Twins choke this division away. Losing the last 2 took them from basically ending the Indians season to adding some real intrigue. Cleveland probably doesn’t make those claims 7 GB. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Yeah somehow Hahn undoubtedly won this trade.

Hahn was good at selling and locking up talented players with extensions.

Bad at buying, free agents and player development. Unfortunately, these are all crucial parts of making those first two succeed.

• Like 2

I hate everything about this. I hate Cleveland more than any other team.  Ok maybe it’s a toss us between them and the Cubs.  Either way, hate hate hate this. 
If there is any silver lining here is maybe Cleveland can tweak a few things with both of them and they go on to have success elsewhere.  But still, f*** Cleveland. 

46 minutes ago, Quin said:

Hahn was good at selling and locking up talented players with extensions.

Bad at buying, free agents and player development. Unfortunately, these are all crucial parts of making those first two succeed.

The hard part of those extensions - giving young players massive amounts of guaranteed money, while it can be smart from a $/cents perspective, it also opens up to risk in terms of how hard certain individuals will work vs. not.  In some cases - we went so early that the carrot really was never even out there.  

5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

The hard part of those extensions - giving young players massive amounts of guaranteed money, while it can be smart from a $/cents perspective, it also opens up to risk in terms of how hard certain individuals will work vs. not.  In some cases - we went so early that the carrot really was never even out there.  

That's why I included player development.

I feel like Eloy and Moncada are monsters on like, the Rays and Dodgers.

The rest of the extensions worked out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

I hate everything about this. I hate Cleveland more than any other team.  Ok maybe it’s a toss us between them and the Cubs.  Either way, hate hate hate this. 
If there is any silver lining here is maybe Cleveland can tweak a few things with both of them and they go on to have success elsewhere.  But still, f*** Cleveland. 

I hate the Twins more than Cleveland. I don't even hate the Packers as much as I hate the Twins.  

• Thanks 1