Tim Anderson Free Agency Discussion

DirtySox

5 hours ago, GREEDY said:

Tim was right.  He's not in that Benintendi market.  

Benintendi's not in the Benintendi market either.

He would get the same offers as TA were he a FA coming off 2023.

But point well taken.  Get your money while the timing is right like Carlos Rodon.

Look at how much Hendriks TA7 Eloy Moncada Kopech Giolito Grandal Lynn etc. have lost in value...

On 1/17/2024 at 11:36 PM, Jake said:

Why is it weird? I thought a big lesson of the TA controversies was his apparent pro-procreation stance.

Because it was really  Drake LaRoche ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

20 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

White Sox need more Billy Joel concerts apparently.

And Avisail was always called Baby Miggy lol.

I can think of two songs that are so much better live than recorded, Billy Joel's Italian Restaurant and Elton John Burn Down the Mission. 

• 3 weeks later...

Will the Marlin's finally sign him? I wonder what kind of shape Tim is keeping himself in. 

I can't believe he'll remain unsigned unless there are some really scary skeletons in his closet. 

13 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Will the Marlin's finally sign him? I wonder what kind of shape Tim is keeping himself in. 

I can't believe he'll remain unsigned unless there are some really scary skeletons in his closet. 

Combine his negative WAR along with his personal issues that showed up on field and it's not surprising to me at all, considering guys with personal issues who are or could be good (Bauer & Clevinger) are also still without jobs.

14 minutes ago, almagest said:

Combine his negative WAR along with his personal issues that showed up on field and it's not surprising to me at all, considering guys with personal issues who are or could be good (Bauer & Clevinger) are also still without jobs.

Not accurate to compare the Bauer, Clevinger situations with Tim.

Dozens if not hundreds of players in every professional sport leagues have marital issues / infidelities.

Far less have domestic violence accusations with filed criminal complaints.

Tim’s on field production was very strong until the injuries and some would say the marital issues of the last season and a half.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 4

By the time Tim saw his career flame out it was too late. His demos don't always inspire second chances like a guaranteed deal. Hope he is working out somewhere. 

• Like 1

I’d think he’d get a non-roster invite offer from some teams that need a second baseman, similar to a Kevin Pillar type contract. Make the team, get 3 mil. Then it’s up to him to play his way into the lineup everyday. 

• Like 2

On 1/20/2024 at 7:19 AM, Texsox said:

I can think of two songs that are so much better live than recorded, Billy Joel's Italian Restaurant and Elton John Burn Down the Mission. 

There might have been a few hit songs that were only heard live.  Stay and Runnin Back To Saskatoon come to mind. Conquistador live release was much better and a pretty big hit. The Who Shakin All Over was live only. American Woman Live At The Paramount is amazing. Maybe I'm Amazed?

Edited by pcq
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 5:19 AM, Texsox said:

Burnin' Down the House live on the Stop Making Sense album. The Talking Heads.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

15 minutes ago, pcq said:

There might have been a few hit songs that were only heard live.  Stay and Runnin Back To Saskatoon come to mind. Conquistador live release was much better and a pretty big hit. The Who Shakin All Over was live only. American Woman Live At The Paramount is amazing. Maybe I'm Amazed?

You just earned the "you pick the playlist for the drive" award. I can't believe I forgot about Stay. 

18 minutes ago, pcq said:

Conquistador Procol Harum live is one of my all time favorites. It's epic.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

39 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Not accurate to compare the Bauer, Clevinger situations with Tim.

Dozens if not hundreds of players in every professional sport leagues have marital issues / infidelities.

Far less have domestic violence accusations with filed criminal complaints.

Tim’s on field production was very strong until the injuries and some would say the marital issues of the last season and a half.

How is it not accurate? What Bauer and Clevinger were accused of is worse, but they have been successful in the past and recently. Tim had a putrid year and got knocked out on the field after starting s%*# with someone who is a pretty nice guy by all accounts. Not even talking about the infidelity. They're all too much trouble for what they bring.

Edited by almagest
  • TLR 1

@almagest makes a great point. I think it's scale. Criminal charges after being manipulated into choking someone until they pass out seems like a different scale. But this may be where MLB teams are drawing the line. Multiple domestic situations might be too toxic for modern media driven entertainment.  

• Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

12 minutes ago, Texsox said:

@almagest makes a great point. I think it's scale. Criminal charges after being manipulated into choking someone until they pass out seems like a different scale. But this may be where MLB teams are drawing the line. Multiple domestic situations might be too toxic for modern media driven entertainment.  

Well, except for the Aroldis Chapman exception.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, almagest said:

These really aren’t comparable situations at all, especially Bauer. 

TAs issues getting signed are because he was a god awful player last season and isn’t really a SS. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Burnin' Down the House live on the Stop Making Sense album. The Talking Heads.

The talking heads were phenomenal live. 

The other one off the top of my head that was drastically better live was the Ramones. They played everything at 3 times the normal speed. It was something like 25 songs in 40 minutes the last time I saw the. 

Throw in Blondie and there's nothing better than the old CBGBs lineup. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The talking heads were phenomenal live. 

The other one off the top of my head that was drastically better live was the Ramones. They played everything at 3 times the normal speed. It was something like 25 songs in 40 minutes the last time I saw the. 

Throw in Blondie and there's nothing better than the old CBGBs lineup. 

Where did you see Talking Heads?

28 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Where did you see Talking Heads?

I saw them at the aragon brawlroom. It was either 1980 or 1981.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

41 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

These really aren’t comparable situations at all, especially Bauer. 

TAs issues getting signed are because he was a god awful player last season and isn’t really a SS. 

They’re absolutely comparable. TA would 100% have a deal already if he wasn’t a potential behavior liability. Someone would bet on a return to form, or the Sox would’ve picked his option up.

• TLR 2

2 minutes ago, almagest said:

They’re absolutely comparable. TA would 100% have a deal already if he wasn’t a potential behavior liability. Someone would bet on a return to form, or the Sox would’ve picked his option up.

I still think they should bring him back if he’ll go for like $5M.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Quin locked this topic