Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

11 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I'd be stoked for a return like that. If I could swap out Beeter for Lalane I'd be over the moon. The Yankees farm is deep. I think they match up with the Sox very well.

This is encouraging. I’m not well versed in the minors and was concerned about their system post Soto trade. 

24 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

This is encouraging. I’m not well versed in the minors and was concerned about their system post Soto trade. 

I think I agree with Bmags though. I bet Soxtalk would hate a package like the one we are talking through. It lacks that immediate position player headliner.

But in Hampton you get a not too far off mid rotation type, then two up the middle infielders who are far away but high upside. One of them super tooled up in Arias who has star potential. Then give me Lalane if possible. I understand why the risk averse would prefer a different player mix, but I would be excited about the depth added to the farm and the upside.

Ht: 6'7" | Wt: 211 | B-T: L-L

BA Grade/Risk:60/Extreme.

Track Record: Lalane was part of the Yankees’ 2021 international signing class. The lefthander comes from athletic bloodlines, with a father who played basketball collegiately in New York, then for the Dominican national team and professionally in Europe, and a mother who played volleyball. Both parents passed their athleticism to their son, who spent two seasons in the Dominican Summer League before moving to the Florida Complex League in 2023. He was the clear-cut best pitching prospect on the circuit, with a 34-to-4 strikeout-to-walk ratio in 21.2 innings.

Scouting Report: Lalane’s hallmark is not a single pitch but the combination of size, athleticism and stuff that gives him an extremely high upside. The 6-foot-7 lefty works with a four-pitch mix, starting with a mid-90s fastball that peaked at 97 mph. The pitch has strong movement properties and gains deception because of its low release height. He backs up his fastball primarily with a mid-80s changeup and a high-70s slider. Each projects to at least a plus pitch. Lalane’s changeup was deceptive enough to get whiffs at a nearly 53% clip, and his slider was nasty enough that he could throw it at the back foot of righthanders and get plenty of awkward swings and misses. Lalane tied his mix together with impressive coordination of his massive frame and long levers, to the point where he could throw strikes in both quality and volume. The next steps will be to work to keep his slider shape more consistent and to get stronger in order to add more velocity to all his pitches.

The Future: Lalane will graduate to full-season ball in 2024 and could see time at both Class A levels. If he continues to show the same combination of stuff, athleticism and coordination, he could be the best lefthander New York has developed since Jordan Montgomery.

Scouting Grades: Fastball: 60 | Slider: 65 | Changeup: 60 | Control: 60.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Please be smarter than the other dope who couldn't understand why it's good for the Sox to have the Yankees involved in trade discussions.  :lolhitting

I hope you are a better insider than you are  at understanding context or reading comprehension.

What I said was that the Yanks aren’t likely (aren’t going to) trade Dominguez and because of that, all they can really offer is quantity type package with risky prospects.

Obviously bidders are good but the context of the discussion is that you guys have this belief that the WS are going to nab at least one and maybe more than one top 40ish prospects and that a quantity package isn’t on the table…yet with the Yankees, the likely deal would be, assuming no Martian, exactly that…borderline top 100 guys with some upside but also a low floor. 

Some of you guys are seemingly getting excited about that but yet when Os fans have suggested a similar package, you scoff at it. 

Edited by Sports Guy

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I hope you are a better insider than you are  at understanding context or reading comprehension.

What I said was that the Yanks aren’t likely (aren’t going to) trade Dominguez and because of that, all they can really offer is quantity type package with risky prospects.

Obviously bidders are good but the context of the discussion is that you guys have this belief that the WS are going to nab at least one and maybe more than one top 40ish prospects and that a quantity package isn’t on the table…yet with the Yankees, the likely deal would be, assuming no Martian, would be exactly that…borderline top 100 guys with some upside but also a low floor. 

Some of you guys are seemingly getting excited about that but yet when Os fans have suggested a similar package, you scoff at it. 

I just think Brian Cashman will make a deal. I’m not sure if Mike Elias will. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yankees match up better with us than the Orioles if an emphasis on pitching is true.  Realistically one of their top OF prospects + two arms (or one arm plus something else) seems very doable without impacting the Yankees near-term outlook all that much.

Sure but you are still talking about borderline top 100 guys.  You are still talking about a quantity deal and you are still falling well short of adding that top 40ish guy you all have said must be in the deal. This is why I said the Yankees being involved doesn’t bother me because unless Dominguez is on the board (and he’s not), they aren’t offering anything that is going to push the Os to offering any of their top guys. Now, it certainly may be that you prefer their bottom top 100ish guys over ours because of the emphasis on pitching but that doesn’t mean they are actually better prospects or that the overall package is better.

And that’s also assuming the emphasis on pitching is accurate, which I’m not sure if it is and if it is and Getz is taking a lesser package because of pitching, that’s pretty awful on his part.

4 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I just think Brian Cashman will make a deal. I’m not sure if Mike Elias will. 

100% agree with you. I just said this on my board.

Reportedly, the Os went after Cease in July. They are reportedly after him now. Now, we don’t know the level of accuracy of those reports (ie how hard are they going after him, how much do they want him, etc…) but I do think it’s safe to say he’s a target.

If he is a target, the team must like him. But if he’s a target and they don’t feel like they can “fix him” and he is what he is, they also may only want him up to a certain point and that’s it.  We really don’t know that.

We also know that there are guys available with more service time that play on other teams And Elias is likely talking to them too.

Personally, I want the Os to add 2 starters..I think they need to and Cease is at the top of my list. If he fails to bring in a starter that has a real chance to be a significant piece of the playoff rotation, Elias will have failed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

FWIW, Jesse Rogers last deadline was saying the Yanks were possibly offering Dominguez for Bellinger.  Cease is far more valuable than getting a rental, and that was before the elbow issue for Dominguez.

The elbow issue is a big nothing in the grand scheme of things and I doubt Rogers is correct.

Most deadline rumors are bs and the Yankees weren’t very good last year.

And if the  Yankees were so enamored with Bellinger that they would deal their “generational prospect” for him, why are they not signing him now? I guess they still could but I haven’t even heard his name connected to the Yankees.  Again, that only means so much and maybe they end up with him but everything about that rumor sounds like it’s bs.

While I think Dominguez is a typical overhyped Yankees prospect, I hope they trade him for Cease.

Edited by Sports Guy

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

FWIW, Jesse Rogers last deadline was saying the Yanks were possibly offering Dominguez for Bellinger.  Cease is far more valuable than getting a rental, and that was before the elbow issue for Dominguez.

I’d be pissed to hear that if I were a Cubs fan. Good thing they got hot leading up to the deadline.

35 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The elbow issue is a big nothing in the grand scheme of things and I doubt Rogers is correct.

Most deadline rumors are bs and the Yankees weren’t very good last year.

And if the  Yankees were so enamored with Bellinger that they would deal their “generational prospect” for him, why are they not signing him now? I guess they still could but I haven’t even heard his name connected to the Yankees.  Again, that only means so much and maybe they end up with him but everything about that rumor sounds like it’s bs.

While I think Dominguez is a typical overhyped Yankees prospect, I hope they trade him for Cease.

Rogers generally is as accurate as anyone with regards to the Cubs

Can someone explain this about prospect lists and Jasson Domínguez?  I have heard about him (and Volpe) for a while.  I don't understand how he seems to have been only ranked 30s-60s on the prospect lists (MLB seems to have had him #47 preseason and now they have him in 70s a few spots ahead of Edgar Quero).  If that's true, how is he supposedly untouchable?    

Edited by Nardiwashere

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Rogers generally is as accurate as anyone with regards to the Cubs

Well, your “rumor” said the Yankees were POSSIBLY willing to do it..which at the end of the day, means absolutely nothing.

Secondly, being as accurate as anyone is like winning the tallest midget contest. In a world of everyone trying to get stuff out there as fast as possible, most rumors are wrong and complete bs.

I highly doubt there is anything to this at all.

Just now, Nardiwashere said:

Can someone explain this about prospect lists and Jasson Domínguez?  I have heard about him (and Volpe) for a while.  I don't understand how he seems to have been only ranked 30s-60s on the prospect lists (MLB seems to have had him #47 preseason and now they have him in 70s a few spots ahead of Edgar Quero).  If that's true, how is he supposedly untouchable?    

He’s just a high upside, ML ready piece that the Yankees value and covet.

And I doubt he’s untouchable. There is no such thing as untouchable imo.

But I don’t think there is anyone rumored to be available that the Yankees would move him for.

Personally I hope I’m wrong. If the Yankees end up with Cease, I hope he goes to you guys.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Well, your “rumor” said the Yankees were POSSIBLY willing to do it..which at the end of the day, means absolutely nothing.

Secondly, being as accurate as anyone is like winning the tallest midget contest. In a world of everyone trying to get stuff out there as fast as possible, most rumors are wrong and complete bs.

I highly doubt there is anything to this at all.

So basically anything you disagree with is wrong?  Shouldn’t you be back on your board saying how this board is full of idiots?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Sure but you are still talking about borderline top 100 guys.  You are still talking about a quantity deal and you are still falling well short of adding that top 40ish guy you all have said must be in the deal. This is why I said the Yankees being involved doesn’t bother me because unless Dominguez is on the board (and he’s not), they aren’t offering anything that is going to push the Os to offering any of their top guys. Now, it certainly may be that you prefer their bottom top 100ish guys over ours because of the emphasis on pitching but that doesn’t mean they are actually better prospects or that the overall package is better.

And that’s also assuming the emphasis on pitching is accurate, which I’m not sure if it is and if it is and Getz is taking a lesser package because of pitching, that’s pretty awful on his part.

How do you know Dominguez is not on the board?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

So basically anything you disagree with is wrong?  Shouldn’t you be back on your board saying how this board is full of idiots?

Just use common sense.

Let me ask you this…if the Yankees value Bellinger to that level, don’t you think they would be trying to sign him?

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Spencer Jones is the higher rated prospect according to some publications.   It’s very possible Dominguez is available, and it’s also possible the Sox might go for quantity over quality.

• Like 1

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Just use common sense.

Let me ask you this…if the Yankees value Bellinger to that level, don’t you think they would be trying to sign him?

No, they got Soto, who can be an MVP in that park.  Soto wasn’t available last deadline.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t know it…I’m just assuming it. Like how you guys are assuming what must come back for Cease. Or basically anything else discussed on a message board. 

I hope he is available. I hope that shitty org continues to trade away their best young players and best hope to be a real issue long term. I want them to do that.

But they blew their Intl pool wad on JD when they signed him. Literally spent all their money on him.

They started up his clock last year, in a year where they were out of it (and he performed well) and they were going to hand him the starting job out of ST this year too.

And the talk has been he will be right back up as soon as he is healthy this year, which is projected to be around July.

I think they view him as a real piece long term.

They didn’t want to trade Volpe either and they had opportunity to do it and decided to keep him. jD is a better talent and the injury doesn’t diminish how you view him long term.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

No, they got Soto, who can be an MVP in that park.  Soto wasn’t available last deadline.

That’s fair and they added Verdugo as well but they can’t really want Judge in CF and they could always move Verdugo in another deal, which was rumored when they got him.  The Yankees have never been a team that allows things like that to stop them getting what they want.

But your point is well taken.

Edited by Sports Guy

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic