Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I will be honest, I want him traded prior to opening day because I really don’t want to have to care how anyone on this roster performs.

At least until some of the young guys come up, but yeah opening day is going to be filled with a bunch of garbage I don't have much interest in watching.

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

But you didn’t answer the question. I listed a package that I would consider an “underwhelming” package. You’d accept it anyways?

If I had two options and they were Cease gets injured and craters his value or Cease gets traded for Ortiz+Povich+Beavers I will take the trade of Ortiz+Povich+Beavers.

Again, what I said was just a hypothetical and am not advocating to just give him away to avoid injury.

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

What about a Kjerstad/Westburg/Povich package? That would allow the O’s to keep Cowser and then Ortiz can slot in for Westburg. Meanwhile the Sox would get a right fielder, 2nd baseman, and pitching prospect.

Sounds good to me, which usually means the other team says no :)

17 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Right. I think when he says “fill-ins” it’s a teams #5-15 prospects, depending on the strength of the farm system. Not top 100 mlb prospects but not complete long shots either.

I don't know, to me filler wouldn't be guys in the top 10 of a farm system. But I guess that would also depend on the farm (filler from the O's would definitely be outside top 10) IMO.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Hypothetically, the Orioles could be offering something like Kjerstad, Norby and Beavers, but the Sox are asking for Westburg also.  I do think all the headlines of “Sox will hold on to Cease” are overblown based off what Rogers wrote.

I think they trade him before spring training and the return looks something like a high impact position player, a high impact pitcher and a medium impact player.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I think they trade him before spring training and the return looks something like a high impact position player, a high impact pitcher and a medium impact player.

Reading between the lines, that sounds like the Yankees have the pieces that match what you suggest.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Hypothetically, the Orioles could be offering something like Kjerstad, Norby and Beavers, but the Sox are asking for Westburg also.  I do think all the headlines of “Sox will hold on to Cease” are overblown based off what Rogers wrote.

I’d love beavers as the 3rd piece

1 hour ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

What about a Kjerstad/Westburg/Povich package? That would allow the O’s to keep Cowser and then Ortiz can slot in for Westburg. Meanwhile the Sox would get a right fielder, 2nd baseman, and pitching prospect.

If you can get Kjerstad + Westburg, I can very little about the 3rd piece and would take lesser, father away prospect to complete the deal.

1 hour ago, T R U said:

If I had two options and they were Cease gets injured and craters his value or Cease gets traded for Ortiz+Povich+Beavers I will take the trade of Ortiz+Povich+Beavers.

Again, what I said was just a hypothetical and am not advocating to just give him away to avoid injury.

But you’re assuming he gets hurt? Why? Where’s the third option in which he pitches decently well in the first half of the season and they trade him in July?

49 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

That’s what I’m expecting too. anything short of that would indeed be underwhelming.

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Not very for either side because I don’t see the Orioles trading Westburg and I think the Sox want one of the two premium prospects to be a pitcher.

If they don’t covet McDermott or Povich you’re right. I agree Elias is unlikely to trade Westburg.

7 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Not very for either side because I don’t see the Orioles trading Westburg and I think the Sox want one of the two premium prospects to be a pitcher.

Then we’re in big trouble, because many teams including the Orioles don’t have a premium pitching prospect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

If they don’t covet McDermott or Povich you’re right. I agree Elias is unlikely to trade Westburg.

I don’t consider either of those pitchers premium prospects. 45 FV prospects that don’t move the needle. Sox have plenty of those.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I mean, Jim Bowden seems to think it’s realistic and he’s a former GM, so I’d say it’s very much possible.  But perhaps Getz wants Mayo at all costs…can’t say I can blame it.

I think he was referring to the O's dealing their starting 2B.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic