Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

7 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I know this isn't going out on a limb but holy s%*# that deal is going to be a complete disaster for the Yankees.

Agreed. He will not handle the NY media work fans well. 

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Sure but that’s in a vacuum of value, right?

In the real world, this random GM you speak of may not be able to give out large contracts to starting pitchers and therefore can’t compete in FA with the big boys.  

This random GM might represent a team that hasn’t really competed for a World Series in decades and finds itself on the cusp.  

This random GM might not have enough pitching in his homegrown stables to compete with the big boys on the big stage.  

Cease at 2/20 just might be the holy grail to a GM in such a situation.  

This GMs rival might have just done Stroman for 2 years and locked up a pretty solid 150+ IP next year.  

Uh oh.  

But yea, keep trying to make the trade values equal in the simulator.  

Mayo & Cowser.

Cease isn’t the only pitcher out there.  That’s the part of your little equation that you aren’t factoring in. 

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Cease isn’t the only pitcher out there.  That’s the part of your little equation that you aren’t factoring in. 

The options are dwindling. Especially the affordable ones. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

He mentioned Dodgers and Reds, but it probably meant from earlier in the offseason.

I still wonder how much the Dodgers trust Sheehan in the rotation and then you have two guys in Glasnow and Buehler with health concerns over a full season.

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

What are the good options out there that aren’t also expensive?

Snell and Montgomery left on the free agent side.

22 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

With Pepiot gone (Sox preferred choice per Bob) and Busch the savage gone, LAD doesn't have a meaningfully balanced package to offer anymore. 

They have plenty to get a deal

done 

18 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

If Cashman thinks signing Stroman means we will agree to a deal that doesn't include Jones or Dominguez, he's wrong.

Yanks can’t get it done without Spencer Jones 

25 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Dylan Cease at the trade deadline with an ERA in the mid 3s and his K numbers would seem a lot more likely to draw a seeing return than Dylan Cease now.

I meant at the very least.

I feel like he’s going to be the OD starter for the Sox.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Funny thing is on the other board some are mentioning Mike Clevinger as a good option for the Orioles. I couldn’t help but LOL

He is actually a decent option if he pitches like he did last year. Not the quality of Cease but much more affordable. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I still wonder how much the Dodgers trust Sheehan in the rotation and then you have two guys in Glasnow and Buehler with health concerns over a full season.

The Dodgers still make sense for this reason. A lot of their pitchers are fragile. They probably still have enough to get him too.

41 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The Yankees could still be an option. Hard to believe they are comfortable with the rotation they have..Clark Schmidt at the back end and a huge question mark on Rodon. I would think they still want another starter..push Schmidt into the 6th starter position.

Almost as big a question about Cortes....let's not forget how solid King was for them down the stretch, and he's now in the SD rotation.

18 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The options are dwindling. Especially the affordable ones. 

I’m one of the few Os fans that want 2 starters but I don’t think that’s going to happen.

The Marlins match up the best for the Os because they could also want a ML piece that we should be looking to trade.

I would like to add Edward Cabrera and part of me wants him over Cease. Cease is more of a sure thing in most ways but Cabrera has a big upside, has 5 years of control and will cost less than Cease.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Almost as big a question about Cortes....let's not forget how solid King was for them down the stretch, and he's now in the SD rotation.

Yep..plus they need pitchers who can miss bats because their defense is going to be atrocious.

16 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He is actually a decent option if he pitches like he did last year. Not the quality of Cease but much more affordable. 

Health record is atrocious since second major injury....bad mechanics, bad PR and he wets the bed in a high-pressure games, like the 2022 playoffs (one especially disastrous starts against Phillies in the NLCS).

Padres gave up on Clevinger and Manaea that year.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Health record is atrocious since second major injury....bad mechanics, bad PR and he wets the bed in a high-pressure games, like the 2022 playoffs (one especially disastrous starts against Phillies in the NLCS).

Padres gave up on Clevinger and Manaea that year.

They aren't counting on him to lead the staff. He pitched better than Cease last year. Not that I expect that this year but he will be far cheaper. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic