Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

10 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

So here’s my thought on this: I’d prefer Westburg as the headliner if I could also get Beavers and McDermott in the deal. I just don’t really have any interest in Joey Ortiz.  

Doesnt Ortiz basically have everything you need from a 2b/shortstop prospect considering he has a touch of power? To me if it wasnt for the age issue he'd even have a run at being a headliner/co-headliner type guy

2 minutes ago, Fielder Jones said:

Doesnt Ortiz basically have everything you need from a 2b/shortstop prospect considering he has a touch of power? To me if it wasnt for the age issue he'd even have a run at being a headliner/co-headliner type guy

Just say no to Joey "Nick Madrigal" Ortiz!

• Paper Bag 1

18 minutes ago, Quin said:

The worst part is that my grandmother in law is 96 and has been a ride-or-die O's fan since Day 1 and we've bonded over baseball. I'd like Cease to go there to make them better for her.

This thread is making it tricky.

I hear ya. To be completely up front, I know very little about Joey Ortiz, but my god, if this thread doesn’t make me hate him already. I’m cheering against the poor bastard even if he’s traded here. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 12:42 AM, ron883 said:

@Rolle Tide has some explaining to do after that joke of a trade idea. Maybe he forgot he wasn't still playing The Show. 

I was trying to get the pitching we don’t have to give you from the Padres. The Padres want MLB bats. In the deal you add 8 ready or nearly ready prospects. It’s okay if you don’t like it. I was just spit balling. 

1 hour ago, Sox72 said:

Did we just trade Greg for SportsGuy? Goddamn. I would have assumed he was an untouchable. 

It was a tough decision, but we at Soxtalk felt it was time to move on.  Someone queue up the greg tribute thread so I can immediate lock it.

• Haha 4
  • Paper Bag 1

10 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

This dude is a fucking moron.

Does he understand what OR means? Dude is adding names on top of each other like OR means AND.

And BTW it will take closer to 60m in SV from that site rather than 40m due to the premium for pitching.

So yeah if it were Jones by himself for Cease I'd say no. You gotta throw in Hampton or Warren as the second piece and if Warren is the second piece then you need a quality third piece like Lalane or Vivas.

As far as BAL goes, that site values Cowser alot more than Kjerstad (prolly cause of D, OBP, superior hit tool, speed etc). If Chicago accepts Kjerstad instead of Cowser, the rest of the package will be quite significant. 

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

This dude is a fucking moron.

Does he understand what OR means? Dude is adding names on top of each other like OR means AND.

And BTW it will take closer to 60m in SV from that site rather than 40m due to the premium for pitching.

So yeah if it were Jones by himself for Cease I'd say no. You gotta throw in Hampton or Warren as the second piece and if Warren is the second piece then you need a quality third piece like Lalane or Vivas.

As far as BAL goes, that site values Cowser alot more than Kjerstad (prolly cause of D, OBP, superior hit tool, speed etc). If Chicago accepts Kjerstad instead of Cowser, the rest of the package will be quite significant. 

No …most there want to hang on to Kjerstad. I haven’t seen anyone opposed to dealing Cowser. I’ve seen a number of guys that have mentioned Westburg as a possibility. But, I’m not one of them.

9 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

It’s a report from Nightengale…. I can’t say I know who Riley even is. 

It’s a YouTube video of someone taking a Nightengale report, misinterpreting it, plugging it into a useless trade calculator, and drawing ridiculous conclusions.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s a YouTube video of someone taking a Nightengale report, misinterpreting it, plugging it into a useless trade calculator, and drawing ridiculous conclusions.

Is this the same guy? He’s pretty much saying the same thing.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-white-sox/white-sox-holding-out-for-premium-return-for-dylan-cease/

25 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

The article literally says “Getz’s patience may end up netting him the return he is looking for”.

1 minute ago, Rolle Tide said:

Or it may not…. Don’t believe you guys can’t admit the price is sky high.

No one knows if the price is sky high.  If they’re asking for Jones or Hampton, that tells me they’re not being unrealistic.

1 hour ago, Rolle Tide said:

I was trying to get the pitching we don’t have to give you from the Padres. The Padres want MLB bats. In the deal you add 8 ready or nearly ready prospects. It’s okay if you don’t like it. I was just spit balling. 

The Padres need CF LF and backend of the rotation fillers to hold everything together until their top pitching prospects are ready...

But Cease would be ideal for SD to line up along with Darvish Musgrove King.

this twitter guy doesn't know what he's talking about and I don't think anybody cares what he thinks. lol, he thinks it's "self-sabotage" to ask for a mid 70s prospect in return for Cease? I'd rather just keep him than get less than that. 

10 minutes ago, nrockway said:

this twitter guy doesn't know what he's talking about and I don't think anybody cares what he thinks. lol, he thinks it's "self-sabotage" to ask for a mid 70s prospect in return for Cease? I'd rather just keep him than get less than that. 

Once a pitcher starts down the road of lower velo, I think time is not gonna help his value 

It was painful to watch this loud-mouthed cross-eyed dude.  I wouldn’t take the risk but he said there is no way Cease could raise his value if he pitches in 2024.  I don’t think that is true.  He also uses the stupid trade calculator.

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic