Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

If holding you to your words is a "horrible take" that is more of a problem with yourself than anyone else.  Or at least that should be how you take it.  This is a pattern of you throwing some ridiculous hot take out there, getting called on it, denying it, and then blaming someone else for taking you at your word.  Maybe that flies other places, but this isn't reddit or twitter.

Show me that it’s a ridiculous take with actual stats and analysis.  I’m guessing you aren’t capable of that.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

If holding you to your words is a "horrible take" that is more of a problem with yourself than anyone else.  Or at least that should be how you take it.  This is a pattern of you throwing some ridiculous hot take out there, getting called on it, denying it, and then blaming someone else for taking you at your word.  Maybe that flies other places, but this isn't reddit or twitter.

I guess no different than Justgottabelieve intentionally making up lies to bandwagon the insults and piling on right?

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Show me that it’s a ridiculous take with actual stats and analysis.  I’m guessing you aren’t capable of that.

Apparently quoting your actual words is a ridiculous take, which at this point I will whole heartedly agree with.

With post after post like this, I am not sure why you are even here TBH.  This schtick contributes nothing, and you obviously aren't getting anything out of it unless you are just trolling us at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Paper Bag 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Apparently quoting your actual words is a ridiculous take, which at this point I will whole heartedly agree with.

With post after post like this, I am not sure why you are even here TBH.  This schtick contributes nothing, and you obviously aren't getting anything out of it unless you are just trolling us at this point.

So no, you can’t do it. Just what I thought.

You call a take ridiculous but do no actual analysis or fact checking to say that.  I guess I can just ignore your “brilliant insight”.  You are just a troll.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rolle Tide said:

I guess no different than Justgottabelieve intentionally making up lies to bandwagon the insults and piling on right?

For the tenth time, spare parts will not net you Luzardo. No lies, just facts. That deal starts with Mayo or Basallo (yea, I already know you disagree which is why I’m laughing) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Sorry but their spare parts will not net them Luzardo. But you do you.

Cowser and Ortiz aren’t spare parts ….and if they are interested in veterans bats. Santander would be a good third or 4th piece. 

And If not you can add other prospects for 3, 4, and possibly 5

But keep making your bullshit up if it makes you feel good.

• Hawk 1

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

For the tenth time, spare parts will not net you Luzardo. No lies, just facts. That deal starts with Mayo or Basallo (yea, I already know you disagree which is why I’m laughing) 

So Cowser and Ortiz are just spare parts …. I can’t fix stupid

2 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

Cowser and Ortiz aren’t spare parts ….and if they are interested in veterans bats. Santander would be a good third or 4th piece. 

They certainly aren’t headliners for a cheaply controlled young #2 starting pitcher either!

1 hour ago, champagne030 said:

The Orioles just received over $100M this past summer from MASN for the 2012-2016 seasons.  They're going to get more than that this summer for the 2017-2021 seasons (and who knows how much for the 2022-26 seasons).  The fact that Baltimore ownership has a self imposed salary cap of $75-80M is criminal.  The Hideout (or whatever it's called) should be bitching about that and not complaining about giving up prospects instead of signing a free agent.

Good to know but I was talking about mostly about why other teams are ignoring many of the free agents and if money for those teams most affected by it is tight ,a guy like Cease as an alternative to the cost of free agency ,is a helluva bargain. The price is steep in prospects but most teams rarely give up more than one who pans out in these types of trades.

It worked out very nicely for the Nationals and the Red Sox who both World Series after getting Sale and Eaton . Evevm the Cubs won a championship too.

Don't these teams like the Orioles realize that trading with the Sox, while the Sox are rebuilding ,results in those teams winning a Champioship ? 😉

3 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

And you honestly think Cowser and Ortiz are spare parts. You don’t believe that 

They aren’t spare parts but it’s unlikely the Os can get Luzardo without Mayo or Basallo being in the deal…which is why he’s a bad target for the Os and why Cease, who has been the better and more durable pitcher in his career, is the better target.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

And you honestly think Cowser and Ortiz are spare parts. You don’t believe that 

I actually kind of like Cowser but I can tell you all are afraid he’s Stowers 2.0 and that’s why very few are opposed to including him in deals. He’s still not a strong enough headliner to land Luzardo, sorry.

58 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

But your ranking is your opinion. For example, (I edited) you mentioned the Rays. You may prefer their talent but it’s absurd to say Bradley or Baz are better than Kremer. There is no evidence that shows that to be true.

They may end up better and I would rather take a chance on their talent compared to Kremer but saying they are currently better is just flat out wrong.

“But your ranking is your opinion… but saying they are currently better is just flat out wrong.”

Example 4,378 of discounting others’ arguments as opinion but yours as fact. 

• Fire 2

16 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I actually kind of like Cowser but I can tell you all are afraid he’s Stowers 2.0 and that’s why very few are opposed to including him in deals. He’s still not a strong enough headliner to land Luzardo, sorry.

I’m not afraid of anything….My thought on Stowers is the Orioles haven’t given him a fair shake. He hit to a low 7 OPS in his first taste 2 years ago and then just like Cowser had 30 at bats that accounted for playing once per week.

I agree with you guys on 1 thing….Their values are decreasing (Ortiz and Stowers) based on the way they are being handled by Hyde and Elias. You simply can’t prove anything going from playing everyday in the minor to once a week up here. 

On Stowers, I could see him being a .250 ish hitter with 20-25 homers in the bigs playing a mediocre COF. Probably having a 25 or so % Krate. That plays for a while and perhaps he will get moved somewhere that he is valued. I think Hyde cares more about defense than production as he chose Mateo stinking it up.

I'm mostly impressed by how many posts Sports Guy has managed to rack up in a month (in only this thread?). And I thought I posted here too much....and I actually like this team! Put me out of my misery ASAP when I make 1000 posts in a month on an Orioles message board.

Edited by nrockway
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

4th piece for the Marlins?

You're forgetting their budget constraints.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Kremer was 87th in the majors in fWAR for pitchers who threw at least 100 innings.

Only 44 starters qualified in all of MLB..Kremer was one of them. Being durable and available is important.  He was 39th in fWAR amongst those starters.  

He pitched to a 3.25 ERA in the second half of last year.  In 2022, he had a 3.55 ERA in the second half.  So, over his last 256 IP,  he has an ERA of about 3.9. 

So yea, he’s not a bad pitcher and you would be hard pressed to find teams with 4 starters better than him. Hell, most teams don’t even have 3 starters better, especially if you place importance on durability, which you should.

Not a “bad pitcher” doesn’t mean he’s better than most teams’ #3 starters.  That is an absolutely ludicrous take and disproved by your argument above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I gotta say it's getting really annoying having to scroll past the dumb f*** argument of the day.   

Use the Hall of Fame List feature… makes it really quiet and peaceful in here.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic