2/23/24 Game Thread White Sox at Chicago N. L. 2:05PM CST; TV: NBCSCH, Radio: ESPN1000

41 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I kind of wondered if Bennetti got on Stone's nerves with both his absence and hooky stuff.  Stone doesn't seem to appreciate shenanigans.

He totally didn't have patience for him.  It made for awful broadcasts at times.

17 minutes ago, wegner said:

I could be wrong, but this team does not seem to be built to be able to overcome a 6 run deficit in the 1st inning.

Uh, this team isn't built to overcome a one running deficit over 9 innings...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

Nice! I'm going to take my girlfriend to Chicago for the first time this summer. I think I'll try and catch a game up there in May-June. 

Much better to bring her for the warmer games. My wife will only go from June to August. And will only go to pre-season Bears games.

5 minutes ago, Baron said:

Nice! I'm going to take my girlfriend to Chicago for the first time this summer. I think I'll try and catch a game up there in May-June. 

Better get those tickets now before they run out.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I felt like at the end they were sitting about 30 feet from each other in the booth.

To be fair, I heard Jason needed alot of room to eat....at least that is what Brooks told me.

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Much better to bring her for the warmer games. My wife will only go from June to August. And will only go to pre-season Bears games.

Yeah she has absolutely zero desire to go see them in any kind of cold weather. She's way too used to Texas warm weather. 

She was displeased when I stayed for an entire game when the Sox played the Indians in Cleveland later in the year. She never felt that Lake Front Wind before. 

Edited by Baron

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

New announcer sounds great

Not bad. A little bland but it's the first one. They'll build a relationship. 

Edited by ptatc

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Don't blame her.

Well it's different if Baker Mayfield is playing. She'll stand in a hurricane to watch him play football. I've been to Cleveland and Carolina watching him play in some absolute s%*# weather. 

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

When we were dating, my better half attended several early season games with me. She hasn't been to one of those in over 20 years. But my son will come with me for a promise of a Cuban Comet sandwich, which I am happy to oblige.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

When we were dating, my better half attended several early season games with me. She hasn't been to one of those in over 20 years. But my son will come with me for a promise of a Cuban Comet sandwich, which I am happy to oblige.

Cuban comet sandwich is the best. I have one every game.

• Love 1