Sox vs. Reds (SS) 3:05PM

3 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

must not be a Grifol guy he wasn't FAST like me

Sir, it's FASTs.

I know Grifol doesn't understand that he could have just done "Technical" or "Tactical" instead of "Technically sound," so it is our duty to give it proper respect.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It’s amazing they made so many moves this offseason, and the outlook for a few years down the road seems as bad as when it started.

I can't decide if it looks worse.

1 minute ago, Quin said:

I can't decide if it looks worse.

The one thing they’ve avoided is a catastrophic injury to someone that’s important.  Besides that, it’s more of the same crap.  The Cease trade was very underwhelming.  Seeing if Nastrini can be a big league contributor is probably what I’m looking forward to the most now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

The one thing they’ve avoided is a catastrophic injury to someone that’s important.  Besides that, it’s more of the same crap.  The Cease trade was very underwhelming.  Seeing if Nastrini can be a big league contributor is probably what I’m looking forward to the most now.

Since they're playing the Reds, remember this?

• Paper Bag 1

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Since they're playing the Reds, remember this?

Were they asking for all of them at once? Just like with the Orioles, they probably weren't asking for Kjerstadt, Cowser, Holliday, and Westburg in the same package, while it would be accurate to say they asked for those 4 guys. 

18 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Were they asking for all of them at once? Just like with the Orioles, they probably weren't asking for Kjerstadt, Cowser, Holliday, and Westburg in the same package, while it would be accurate to say they asked for those 4 guys. 

Rumor is they definitely asked for Lowder and Petty, and two lesser prospects

Wow, have we seen this movie before. A 3 to 1 loss. Moncada was, at the last minute,  unavaiable to play, Eloy went out with an injury, no home runs, and 1 for 12 with runners in scoring position. 

I'm not anywhere near as down on this year's team, but this was a complete same old, same old drag to watch. 

Nobody wants Sheets on the team, and especially we don't want him in RF, but if Fletcher doesn't start hitting very soon in ST, he's going to get about a two (maybe three) week window once the season starts to prove he has a MLB bat. If he fails, it's Sheets in RF. 

The pitching has been good; really everything has been good. Except Fletcher is just bombing his opportunity to be a regular right fielder. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vilehoopster said:

Wow, have we seen this movie before. A 3 to 1 loss. Moncada was, at the last minute,  unavaiable to play, Eloy went out with an injury, no home runs, and 1 for 12 with runners in scoring position. 

I'm not anywhere near as down on this year's team, but this was a complete same old, same old drag to watch. 

Nobody wants Sheets on the team, and especially we don't want him in RF, but if Fletcher doesn't start hitting very soon in ST, he's going to get about a two (maybe three) week window once the season starts to prove he has a MLB bat. If he fails, it's Sheets in RF. 

The pitching has been good; really everything has been good. Except Fletcher is just bombing his opportunity to be a regular right fielder. 

Fletcher just not really MLB caliber hitter

2 hours ago, fathom said:

It’s amazing they made so many moves this offseason, and the outlook for a few years down the road seems as bad as when it started.

Punting the near future in a desperate attempt to be better than last year in the now. Except they very well could be much worse. 

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

The Bummer trade is looking like an unmitigated steal. Soroka and Nicky Two-Eighty, alone, make it a pure heist. Riley Gowens could make it insane if he develops. 

Better take a picture of Little Nicky’s BA and OPS before the regular season starts.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, chw42 said:

Soroka has really good ST numbers. How has his stuff looked? 

No gun and back plate camera but looked to have a sharp breaking ball and was working ground balls or weak pop outs for the most part. Was around the plate which in spring can be meaningless imo as no real scouting reports either way on how to work guys. But stuff yea, was there.

• Like 1