3/31 GT - Sox vs. Tigers (1:10pm)

Just now, fathom said:

How in the world was this guy someone they thought they had to trade one of their best prospects for?

Would say a random poster on Soxtalk have better baseball instincts and grasp of players than the past two GMs.

I had optimism Getz could be salvagable, and I guess there is still time, but being better than Hahn who was literally a 0 of 100 in terms of job ability does not make Getz acceptable.

And another home run by a Tigers catcher.

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

not quite sure why fedde was still out there but that'd require paying attention to the game

I hear you, but there is not much in the bullpen and rain is the lone chance at an off day. Used a lot of guys yesterday, and Atlanta is fixin' to open a can of whup ass on the Sox.

If the Sox are scoring 1 or 2, it's not going to matter.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

I think Fedee will be ok. Not a terrible start. The pitching has not been terrible. But the offense is gonna give us a lot of heartburn lol

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Good start. Make like 15 more like that and he'll get a decent return in July.

He's likely the only decent pitcher behind however Crochet is able to pitch this year.

Really makes no sense that they don't pick up a Rich Hill or Cueto just to get them through innings without having to burn up prospects prematurely.

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

How in the world was this guy someone they thought they had to trade one of their best prospects for?

I’m going to give it more time before I draw any hard conclusions, but it would be a very bad sign if they missed badly on the Fletcher evaluation given this was there one big swing excluding the Cease trade.

• Like 1

Just now, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

When does #ColsonWatch start? DeJong is fucking terrible at baseball. 

Colson is off to a slow start in AAA. Colas on the other hand...

12 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

The Sox are going to lose each game by 1 aren't they. 

Wait until the next series. If they lose by only one in each of those I’d call that a huge win. 

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Play Shewmake.

Agreed. I like what I'm seeing from him. Hope he plays 3rd next game. Rotate those 3 infielders 

• Like 1

• Quin unpinned and locked this topic