Luis Robert right hip flexor injury

8 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Colas is now 25 and has had almost 800 MiLB plate appearances. Time to find out whether or not he can be a major league outfielder. Stick him out in CF every day, with the occasional day off vs LHP, and keep sending him out there the rest of the season no matter how bad he does. Giving more playing time to PIllar or Grossman does nothing for this team's future.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Colas is now 25 and has had almost 800 MiLB plate appearances. Time to find out whether or not he can be a major league outfielder. Stick him out in CF every day, with the occasional day off vs LHP, and keep sending him out there the rest of the season no matter how bad he does. Giving more playing time to PIllar or Grossman does nothing for this team's future.

They don't like him. I don't think there's anything he can do to get called up. I'm shocked that he hasn't been DFA yet. 

Would not surprise me if they would rather have Pham out there. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

2 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

They don't like him. I don't think there's anything he can do to get called up. I'm shocked that he hasn't been DFA yet. 

Would not surprise me if they would rather have Pham out there. 

The optimist in me thinks they’ve identified a flaw in his swing they’re trying to get him to correct.

realistically, it’s probably just personal.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I wish we knew if they are giving him time to fix whatever it is they don’t like about him or if he’s just in the doghouse forever.

If it’s the former, I’m fine with him trying to earn his way back.

But if it’s the latter, come on, what are we even doing here?

• Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 11:00 PM, scotty22hotty said:

so is this on the training staff? At least he didn't fall to the ground this time so maybe its just a grade 2😕

literally no reason to watch this team now

True, but I haven't watched an inning so far and not sure what could bring me back. This organization and owner has let down all Sox fans!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

DVS quoted Robert as saying the injury is to the same muscle but in a different area. I don't know if that makes any difference.

Not surprised as the previous spot is probably locked with scar tissue. The overall flexibility of it is decreased due to the previous one.

4 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Probably accurate.  6 weeks of healing then ramping up. They will be cautious due to the previous one and this being a lost season anyways. Sounds like it's a high end grade 2 then. 

Probably an early June return.

• Like 1

Robert is damaged goods at this point. Their core turned into pixie dust. At least they were hitting today. Getz and Pedro are clueless. 

On 4/6/2024 at 6:19 PM, ptatc said:

In 2021, he tore the muscle in the midsubstance not from the bone. That's why there was no surgery. It would have been easier if he would have avulsed it. 

This is probably a 6 week injury. They may be more cautious due to the history of injuring the same muscle.

Is this something that can be a reoccurring issue due to the previous complete tear?

14 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And people called me crazy when I suggested the Sox trade Robert last offseason. He finally had a healthy season, sell high. Might not even play 50 games this season. Good luck trying to get even half the value they could have gotten next offseason.

Ah, the perils of doing a rebuild on the fly, or keeping one guy while rebuilding around him  for no apparent reason. Was it Jerry that said they still wanted to win this year? That would’ve been stupid to say or strive for given the program and circumstances.

Edited by Chick Mercedes

10 hours ago, ron883 said:

Is this something that can be a reoccurring issue due to the previous complete tear?

It's possible.  The amount of scar tissue will impact both the flexibility and the ability of the muscle to generate force. It's impossible to tell unless you feel the muscle or look at imaging but it's a good possibility. 

For the 2024 season I hope Robert jr comes back healthy and is in All Star form.  I would trade him for the best available package out there. In 2025 I want the Sox to move on from Eloy, Robert jr, and Moncada.

After 2024 Sox can buy out both Eloy and Moncada , adios, Benintendi is 3 more years unfortunately.

Vaughn is going to have to produce this year or he is out also. 

Edited by Falstaff

10 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

For the 2024 season I hope Robert jr comes back healthy and is in All Star form.  I would trade him for the best available package out there. In 2025 I want the Sox to move on from Eloy, Robert jr, and Moncada.

After 2024 Sox can buy out both Eloy and Moncada , adios, Benintendi is 3 more years unfortunately.

Vaughn is going to have to produce this year or he is out also. 

a) But would a team give up top prospects for an undoubtedly talented player but one seemingly made of glass? I know he played 145 games last season but that is the only time he has played more than a 100 in a season.

b) Would you trust Getz to make that trade?

c) Even if Getz gets a good haul for Robert would you trust the White Sox to develop them properly?

Unfortunately, at the moment b and c are a 'no' for me. 

1 hour ago, Chimpton said:

a) But would a team give up top prospects for an undoubtedly talented player but one seemingly made of glass? I know he played 145 games last season but that is the only time he has played more than a 100 in a season.

b) Would you trust Getz to make that trade?

c) Even if Getz gets a good haul for Robert would you trust the White Sox to develop them properly?

Unfortunately, at the moment b and c are a 'no' for me. 

a - I think Robert would draw plenty of interest throughout MLB.

b- I have confidence in Getz for trades

c- The Sox have made solid moves towards player development with the additions Barfield and Bannister. I will be honest, I don't have a clue about Jin Wong

29 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

c- The Sox have made solid moves towards player development with the additions Barfield and Bannister. I will be honest, I don't have a clue about Jin Wong

He basically negotiated contracts/extensions for KC.

Not sure how much he contributed (while with KC) to the eventual extension of $289 million for Witt, Jr., that was finalized this offseason.

15 hours ago, pcq said:

Robert is damaged goods at this point. Their core turned into pixie dust. At least they were hitting today. Getz and Pedro are clueless. 

He has been damaged goods since Day 1.  He's barely able to stay on the field as much as Eloy.  

They really should have looked to move him this past off season.  Especially when he hired a new agent. 

39 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

What about his work as GM over this winter gives you such confidence? The Cease deal was hardly the 'massive' haul he was supposedly asking, and the team he has assembled are hardly looking good at the moment.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Yep.  They need to get rid of everyone who has the Hahn stank on them.  These guys are cursed.  

You have to cut the head off to really get rid of that “stank”…Hahn wasn’t the head

• Like 1