4/7 Game thread

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

When does this Andrew Vaughn nightmare end?

I mean, after 2026? Guy is going no where. Certainly need him to figure it out, though. 

Edited by ChiSox59

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Schriffen's alright but lets not try and paint it like this team hasn't been the worst in baseball so far

Not a fan so far. Did get a chuckle at the the “when do we play the Marlins?” Comment tho 

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean, after 2026? Guy is going no where. Certainly need him to figure it out, though. 

I don’t think there is any chance he makes it to 2026.  He doesn’t take walks and doesn’t hit for enough power for 1B.  I feel like he’s regressing and not showing any real reason to believe he’ll figure it out.  I know I’m the only who feels this way, but I’d send him down to AAA and let him work on some s%*# in a pressure free environment.  It’s clear that whatever he’s doing with the major league staff isn’t working and bolder actions may be needed if there is any hope of righting the ship.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Idk you gotta think like May in the final year of his deal at earliest? Maybe if we’re lucky, sooner than that.

I can’t see him lasting that long.  I’d say by the end of the 2025 season you have to seriously consider releasing him if this is the player you’re getting (and I don’t mean the .300 OPS version obviously).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t think there is any chance he makes it to 2026.  He doesn’t take walks and doesn’t hit for enough power for 1B.  I feel like he’s regressing and not showing any real reason to believe he’ll figure it out.  I know I’m the only who feels this way, but I’d send him down to AAA and let him work on some s%*# in a pressure free environment.  It’s clear that whatever he’s doing with the major league staff isn’t working and bolder actions may be needed if there is any hope of righting the ship.

I kinda feel the same way. 

Meanwhile, Busch with a 3-run double.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Vaughn should go to Charlotte.

I’d actually be thrilled to see that. Gives them a lot more flexibility with him moving forward. No way they do it, tho. 

• Like 3