Berroa being recalled

he got off to a very rough start but has been solid for a couple weeks. No runs given up in his last seven outings, all of his earned runs came before April 9; 3 very rough outings out of 11 total. Excited to see what he can do!

• Like 4

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Remember when the Getz homers argued that all of his garbage veteran acquisitions were to give the young guys time to marinate in the minors?  Yeah…

What's a "Getz homer"? He only hit 3 in his career.

• Haha 1

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

I really don't. I know that "homer" is some sort of shame little boys feel over following a sports team. People who just want to see how the season starts to play out before they go into rage convulsions aren't really homers.

While we're here, do you want to whimper like a wounded lamb that you're afraid this team won't win a 6th game? LOL. Remember when all the misery homers called everybody on this team "garbage players"? That was fun. 

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

I really don't. I know that "homer" is some sort of shame little boys feel over following a sports team. People who just want to see how the season starts to play out before they go into rage convulsions aren't really homers.

While we're here, do you want to whimper like a wounded lamb that you're afraid this team won't win a 6th game? LOL. Remember when all the misery homers called everybody on this team "garbage players"? That was fun. 

I never said this team wouldn’t win a 6th game; however, yes, most of the roster is still full of “garbage players”.  One win or one loss isn’t going to change that either way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Remember when the Getz homers argued that all of his garbage veteran acquisitions were to give the young guys time to marinate in the minors for at least half the season or more?  Yeah…

7 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Do you two have to do this every single thread? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Has to be for Deivi Garcia.

8 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

The logical choice is Cannon, especially with Clevinger going to be added fairly soon.

The only thing we know for sure is it cannot be Dominic Leone. He has shown them nothing in Spring or in April and yet...  Leone must have a drawer full of damning stuff on the entire management structure.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Leone and Tim Hill must have saved Pedro from drowning on a camping trip, or something. 

No matter how you slice it there are going to be overused,tired and very bad relievers on a very bad team.

TB was hovering around .500 and they have the same problems with their BP.

It's getting to the point that having 2 guys in the bullpen capable of pitching 2 + innings is extremely helpful but also seems hard to find guys who can do that

Most managers do not want a SP to go through a lineup 3 times . Every team goes through using their worst relievers a couple times a week. Some times SP just have to wear it and stay in while they are getting pounded just to preserve the pen.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Getz is working overtime with these roster moves.

Jonathan Cannon optioned.

Deivi Garcia DFA.

Brad Keller and Prelander Berroa called up.

Yeah there was no way Garcia was long for the roster after that performance last night, on top of all his other ones. So bad.