Sox @ Rays 5-7, 5:50PM CDT

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Is this the de-stank-tified line up?  Because it still reeks.

It's a disgusting lineup even given what they have. No reason to have Vaughn starting, let alone batting at the top again.

2 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Our cleanup hitter is ranked 170 out of 171 in OPS for qualified players. 

The 5th guy is right there with him as well

Vaughn is never going to be more than "just a guy." Assuming he doesn't suddenly flip a power switch, I don't see how you bring him back next year. Rather see them sign any B/C-tier free agent at 1B with at least some pop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Pham homers last night and sits tonight, another genius move by our illustrious manager. 

Right? If anything, play him in RF (or even DH him and let the oaf in the OF at this point) and play Sheets at 1B.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Right? If anything, play him in RF (or even DH him and let the oaf in the OF at this point) and play Sheets at 1B.

he should be DHing. Let Eloy do his hey mom on the bench more often.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Vaughn is never going to be more than "just a guy." Assuming he doesn't suddenly flip a power switch, I don't see how you bring him back next year. Rather see them sign any B/C-tier free agent at 1B with at least some pop.

I can’t believe how bad he and Benintendi have become, what has happened to those 2 guys.

• Like 1

Just now, The Mighty Mite said:

I can’t believe how bad he and Benintendi have become, what has happened to those 2 guys.

It's the "White Sox effect..."

• Like 3
  • Paper Bag 1

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Combined, they have been worth -2 WAR so far.. Its been 35 games.

Benintendi is at -1.2 by himself. Hes not even roster-able, and we are stuck with him until 2028!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, T R U said:

Combined, they have been worth -2 WAR so far.. Its been 35 games.

Benintendi is at -1.2 by himself. Hes not even roster-able, and we are stuck with him until 2028!

AhahahahaHAAAAAAA being a white sox fan suuuuucksss.

Just now, ScootsMcGoots said:

AhahahahaHAAAAAAA being a white sox fan suuuuucksss.

For comparison sake, Martin Maldonado is totally washed. Can't play defense, can't hit. His OPS is .339.

He's only at -0.8 WAR.

26 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Send him down to Charlotte and see if he can get straightened out, we have Sheets to take over first base full time, can’t get any worse.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, T R U said:

For comparison sake, Martin Maldonado is totally washed. Can't play defense, can't hit. His OPS is .339.

He's only at -0.8 WAR.

It's a rate stat so playing time. If Martin was a full timer, he'd be right there with those bums.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It's a rate stat so playing time. If Martin was a full timer, he'd be right there with those bums.

10 game difference, so it would be pretty close.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So he can baby Tommy freaking Pham, but Garrett Crochet?  Nah, go take those innings bro.

At least he's honest that they are building him up to trade him....but this is Pedro so he probably means something else.

• Paper Bag 2

17 minutes ago, wegner said:

At least he's honest that they are building him up to trade him....but this is Pedro so he probably means something else.

Contract extension...centerpiece of the franchise at age 36.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2