ILoy watch

1 hour ago, Soxfest said:

Eloy and Moncada gone in 2025 will be a long time in coming

Yeah, it’ll feel like most of 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024, only with increased payroll flexibility.

19 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Yeah, it’ll feel like most of 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024, only with increased payroll flexibility.

Unfortunately JR will order Getz to spend said money on stiffs, has-been's, injury-prone guys and deadbeats.

• Like 1

Eloy has now missed 284 games in his 5.5 year career so far, with one of those seasons being 60 games of course.

472 games played, 756 games total (through 5/23)

He has missed 37.5% of the games the Sox have played since he made the team.

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

Eloy has now missed 284 games in his 5.5 year career so far, with one of those seasons being 60 games of course.

472 games played, 756 games total (through 5/23)

He has missed 37.5% of the games the Sox have played since he made the team.

Honestly?  That's lower than I would have guessed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eloy must love the offseason when he's not hurt. Is his only hope for the future in the game to lose 60 pounds and just reinvent his body?

I mean he's done, finished. He can't stay healthy for more than 10 games or so at a time. He's so tall he needs to turn into a lean machine, a Claudell Washington body type. I tell u he should never play another game in a Sox uniform. Just get rid of him.

• Like 1

Just now, greg775 said:

Eloy must love the offseason when he's not hurt. Is his only hope for the future in the game to lose 60 pounds and just reinvent his body?

I mean he's done, finished. He can't stay healthy for more than 10 games or so at a time. He's so tall he needs to turn into a lean machine, a Claudell Washington body type. I tell u he should never play another game in a Sox uniform. Just get rid of him.

They won't eat his salary and pay him for doing nothing, JR doesn't like that.

But come shortly after the season ends "he gone!"

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

They won't eat his salary and pay him for doing nothing, JR doesn't like that.

But come shortly after the season ends "he gone!"

Is he one of the most overpaid players in baseball history? One of the most disappointing?

4 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Bobby Bonilla is getting paid until, I believe,  2035....

That was just a team friendly finance deal. Wouldn't you rather pay Iloy $500k a year for the next 26 years over $13 mil this year? 

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

That was just a team friendly finance deal. Wouldn't you rather pay Iloy $500k a year for the next 26 years over $13 mil this year? 

Turns out it wasn't. Bonilla was owed around $6 million when the Mets let him go. To get him off the books, they agreed to 25  $1 million deferred payments.  The $6 million went off their books, they then bought a high paying annuity with it. Of course they bought the annuity from Bernie Madoff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1