Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

I’m still rooting for laundry. You could give me a list of people with Chinese language symbols on their backs next season and I’ll be fine if everyone left other than the Japanese guy because he’s a riot.

Well I root for the Sox regardless. But it's a lot easier for me to root for White Sox Chase Meidroth than White Sox Paul DeJong or Jake Amaya or whatever.

  • Replies 178
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PaleAleSox
    PaleAleSox

    If only we still had Reese McGuire. BluBaughs would be annihilated.

  • chitownsportsfan
    chitownsportsfan

    Hagen is a dog. Ride and die with your guys. He goes 2 scoreless and we win. Book it.

  • PitchatRisktoZisk
    PitchatRisktoZisk

    We lost 324 games over the 3 years prior to this season. We are the only team in history to make the playoffs after back to back 100 loss seasons (let alone three 100 loss seasons). That's the definit

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, jhonnydanks said:

Don't stop get it get it

Brooke is looking especially fly on today’s podcast. 👀🔥😆

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Brooke is looking especially fly on today’s podcast. 👀🔥😆

She was just on MLB Network with the Astros' dugout reporter.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

She was just on MLB Network with the Astros' dugout reporter.

Probably a different look… the podcast she’s got that “just woke up and rolled out of bed” look. Jake better watch out. 😆

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He was the 14th best defender in all of baseball by FGs this year. Put your eye test away old man.

Key word in my post, recently. Your colson obsession is weird.

Yes, Id be fine with Meidroth at short if it meant the black hole was kept out of the lineup.

I have no issues with this line-up. This line-up is deep and if Colson does anything could be explosive

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I have no issues with this line-up. This line-up is deep and if Colson does anything could be explosive

Wouldn’t mind swapping Peters for Teel but he Teel has been drawing a lot of walks too and getting on base so don’t really have an issue with it

8 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Key word in my post, recently. Your colson obsession is weird.

Yes, Id be fine with Meidroth at short if it meant the black hole was kept out of the lineup.

I find the obsession with K on a 2.8 fWAR player bizarre. I get you don't like seeing a SS with 230K and 30+ HR, but it adds up the same as a slap hitting Ozzie guillen's best years.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I find the obsession with K on a 2.8 fWAR player bizarre. I get you don't like seeing a SS with 230K and 30+ HR, but it adds up the same as a slap hitting Ozzie guillen's best years.

Alrighty, lets all march off a cliff because of the beloved fWAR. Lol.

MLB The Show simulated the playoffs and has us making the World Series! They have us losing in the fall classic but we only need them to be wrong on one simulation for us to hoist the second greatest trophy in all sports.

image.png

Edited by sin city sox fan

8 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Alrighty, lets all march off a cliff because of the beloved fWAR. Lol.

You're marching off a cliff because of beloved aesthetics.

13 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Alrighty, lets all march off a cliff because of the beloved fWAR. Lol.

No by all means, jump off of the cliff because you don't like the way it looks.

1 hour ago, Southwest Sider said:

This is certainly the place to be for Sox talk. Nice post.

I tried reddit out... it's fun sometimes but not for GDTs. I quickly realized that when I was downvoted into oblivion for pointing out that JR has a hair length rule and more than likely made Castillo cut his hair. "He cut it for a fresh start", "You're an idiot", got downvoted into oblivion and trolled with a "reddit cares" for my effort.

Like... guys like Castillo grow VERY attached to their hair, literally and figuratively. I highly doubt he would cut off his years of hair "for a fresh start". But I am the idiot, I guess.

I'll say this, it sure seems like he has loosened up the hair length standard more now. I see way more guys with buns on the Sox and "sort of" long hair like Vargas, Mune and Chase. JR 20 years ago would have had them all cut that s%*# down sadly.

Sideburns.jpg

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

No by all means, jump off of the cliff because you don't like the way it looks.

They just choked away the division title and Colson was by far the biggest contributor to that. Hitless in the last week. Likely the worst position player in the MLB for over a month now. Gee, looks bad to me.

The Colson dead enders are worse than Beckham and Eloy dead enders. Probably the same people too.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

This is where I am. Meidroth has been one of the Sox best 2nd half hitter and that stadium is built for his power. Can't play Colson, he's been terrible and extra terrible against RHP. Stick Grichuk in LF , Meidroth at SS and Antonacci at 2nd base. Their LH RP aren't that good so just start Grichuk.

“For shame…”

— @Look at Ray Ray Run

Edited by WhiteSox2023

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

They just choked away the division title and Colson was by far the biggest contributor to that. Hitless in the last week. Likely the worst position player in the MLB for over a month now. Gee, looks bad to me.

The Colson dead enders are worse than Beckham and Eloy dead enders. Probably the same people too.

I swear it's like you have never seen a young player before.

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I swear it's like you have never seen a young player before.

Actually its like I have.. hence why I know he needs to figure it out in the offseason, not in the playoffs where he is set up to fail.

Let’s go White Sox, I would love for them to win 2 straight and send the Astrocheats packing. Our Sox have hung in there all year and with their backs against the wall with a lousy playoff system I expect them to rise to the occasion and win this series.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

23 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Actually its like I have.. hence why I know he needs to figure it out in the offseason, not in the playoffs where he is set up to fail.

Right, and your solution is for someone who is even younger in terms of experience and has been WAY worse. Keep jumping off of that cliff.

Pick the series MVP?

I'm going with Colson Montgomery..............That might stir up a little debate..........LFG!!

55 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

MLB The Show simulated the playoffs and has us making the World Series! They have us losing in the fall classic but we only need them to be wrong on one simulation for us to hoist the second greatest trophy in all sports.

image.png

The Brooke Fletcher world series. Either her husband wins or the team she works for.

27 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Right, and your solution is for someone who is even younger in terms of experience and has been WAY worse. Keep jumping off of that cliff.

I would try to figure out who you're talking about because I have no clue, but most of the things you say don't make sense.

Just now, Green Line said:

I would try to figure out who you're talking about because I have no clue, but most of the things you say don't make sense.

Seeing your "solutions" I am not surprised by this.

Respect the truce/ceasefire! Positive vibes only we got some trash cans to beat!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.