Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT

Featured Replies

FWIW, DeLauter's hit had an xBA of .880. We'll see what the catch probability is tomorrow, but I don't think that's as routine as some are saying it is.

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Views 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

The other day I heard DJ say it's important to see what happens to a team after they get smashed in the mouth.....that was the 1st inning today. These team really is unbelievable.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

FWIW, DeLauter's hit had an xBA of .880. We'll see what the catch probability is tomorrow, but I don't think that's as routine as some are saying it is.

I didn't put too much thought into it but I thought it was just a well-placed hit when watching it live

Every player in MLB now with neanderthal screams after every accomplishment. I need to pinpoint when this all started in society

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

The other day I heard DJ say it's important to see what happens to a team after they get smashed in the mouth.....that was the 1st inning today. These team really is unbelievable.

Agreed. Going 13-0 wire to wire in every game would be fun, but obviously wasn't going to happen.

I wanted to see how they would respond when they inevitably had to play from behind, and the way they answered today gives me more confidence than if they just didn't trail at all again.

38 minutes ago, Ozzie for Manager said:

My dog had surgery so was tending to her during game. I'm superstitious so didn't want to post and ruin the lead.

But now I can.

HOW BOUT THEM WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dog has ligament surgery tomorrow, so I will be you on Wednesday.

Now to my complaint: Venable is going to win Manager of the Year, but that was stupider than hell to put Taylor in there, just stupid.

Put in Hicks. Fedde? Hudson.

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than to be good. Talking to you, Will.

PS: Kay is done for the playoffs/ year.

Just now, vilehoopster said:

My dog has ligament surgery tomorrow, so I will be you on Wednesday.

Now to my complaint: Venable is going to win Manager of the Year, but that was stupider than hell to put Taylor in there, just stupid.

Put in Hicks. Fedde? Hudson.

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than to be good. Talking to you, Will.

PS: Kay is done for the playoffs/ year.

If he put anyone besides Taylor in, and they lost the lead, people would flip out when it would be reported after the game that Taylor was available

3 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

My dog has ligament surgery tomorrow, so I will be you on Wednesday.

Now to my complaint: Venable is going to win Manager of the Year, but that was stupider than hell to put Taylor in there, just stupid.

Put in Hicks. Fedde? Hudson.

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than to be good. Talking to you, Will.

PS: Kay is done for the playoffs/ year.

I think if Acuna is put into LF for defense, he probably catches the ball that Antonacci let drop and Burke might have gone into the 9th.

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

I think if Acuna is put into LF for defense, he probably catches the ball that Antonacci let drop and Burke might have gone into the 9th.

good point

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

If he put anyone besides Taylor in, and they lost the lead, people would flip out when it would be reported after the game that Taylor was available

I guess my point on this is that Taylor should not have been available. He never should have been considered after a 4-inning close. Regardless if Taylor said he was ready or not. A manager has to know when to listen to his players and when to use his head.

Recap from Mike Vasil speech after the Houston Sweep

1 Gonna get a flight to Cleveland ☑️

2 Kick some ass ☑️

3 Bring playoff baseball back to Chicago ☑️

Let's Fucking Go!!!!!!!

Gavin Williams is an unrestricted free agent in 2030, but Boras is his agent, and he will be 31 so IDK how much he's gonna get paid

55 minutes ago, Ozzie for Manager said:

My dog had surgery so was tending to her during game. I'm superstitious so didn't want to post and ruin the lead.

But now I can.

HOW BOUT THEM WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is she doing?

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

If he put anyone besides Taylor in, and they lost the lead, people would flip out when it would be reported after the game that Taylor was available

Managers really can't win in these situations if it doesn't work out. Padres went with Miller no matter what and Stammen got second guessed for it. I'm not even sure who they would throw in that situation that would have given them a better shot.

52 minutes ago, nrockway said:

Absolutely incredible if they make the ALCS but can't count the chickens before they hatch. Can never rule out the Cleveland team. As far as chicken counting, both the Rays and Yankees are incredibly beatable before we go up against any one of those titans from the NL.

If the Sox advance to the ALCS. I'd rather face Tampa.

Glad it worked out, but wasn’t a fan of bringing in Taylor, after 4 innings Saturday. I felt Burke was cruising and only let up the soft oppo hit. Would have let him face Adell, who he owned tonight. Taylor let up a lot of hard hit balls tonight, to the same team that just faced him on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Managers really can't win in these situations if it doesn't work out. Padres went with Miller no matter what and Stammen got second guessed for it. I'm not even sure who they would throw in that situation that would have given them a better shot.

Wouldn’t Hicks have been available after only 1 inning Sat, and an off day in between

  • Author

Will is going to need to have trust in some other pitchers going forward, especially if we make the ALCS. Fedde looks like a really solid 2-3 inning dude who can pump it to 98 in that role.

He'll need to use Schultz to eat up some innings too. Hopefully he can give you 2 innings at a tine. Can't keep riding Taylor at this rate.

Edited by ron883

  • Author

For all the flak he gets, Colson 2nd in OPS for the team this postseason with a nice .936.

Edited by ron883

44 minutes ago, chw42 said:

FWIW, DeLauter's hit had an xBA of .880. We'll see what the catch probability is tomorrow, but I don't think that's as routine as some are saying it is.

Agreed, and you don't want Sam to be too aggressive and turn it into a double. With two outs the play is to be safe

Anyone have a link to len kaspers calls on radio for this game?

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

For all the flak he gets, Colson 2nd in OPS for the team this postseason with a nice .936.

Hawk would say, don’t tell me what you do, tell me when.

20 minutes ago, white sox 80 said:

If the Sox advance to the ALCS. I'd rather face Tampa.

100% agree

51 minutes ago, chw42 said:

This I agree with. But Pham did almost hit a 3 run bomb off Sabrowski on Saturday, so I understand the sentiment.

Yea, the brass seems to think Pham is capable (thus he's on the roster). And really if the game had been on the line, Antonacci might have had that ball; diving for it just wasn't worth the risk in that situation - good judgment. f

Love the fact that WhiteSoxDave and a few other Sox bloggers were texting Sox players about the sign stealing in game 1.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.