Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Only Tampa matters

That's right. It's only 2 tomorrow

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Views 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, JoeC said:

32 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:

Ron should be banished for starting this thread with a Cubs song.

I got busy this afternoon but literally came back to see if anyone correctly blamed Ron for this loss. Thank you, HoosierSox!

Just now, fathom said:

It will be Hagen or Newcomb opening IMO

I don't think Newcomb will be fresh enough after 20 today and ~40? two days ago

So if the Rays win our game is a night game tomorrow, right?

1 minute ago, PaleAleSox said:

If you want to think like a loser, sure.

The Sox needed to win today’s game because the next two are going to be rough. Maybe they win one but their performance has to be perfect or extremely close to perfect to have a chance.

1 minute ago, Lightly Folded said:
  9 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

If you want to think like a loser, sure.

Welcome to the playoffs, this your first time here?

4 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

So if the Rays win our game is a night game tomorrow, right?

Yup

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

The bottom of their order will just take pitches if you show them that you can't throw strikes. It's exactly what happened to Hudson today. He didn't have his command, Guardians saw it, and just took pitches until he proved that he can get the ball over the plate.

That's smart, our guys should take a cue

9 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

The guys who can go three times though a lineup and give you 6 or 7 innings are super high impact, but SPs even one tier down are getting pulled at the first threat in the 4th or 5th.

Messick went 4.1 IP on 87 pitches and took the L, Williams racked up 11K but still couldn't get a 16th out. Trade deadline reinforcement Griffin went 2.2 behind an opener.

Put together good ABs and make Vogt's choices hard.

Hopefully, Vogt I believe will have a short leash as it's literally do or go on vacation for them, not us

8 minutes ago, Ozzie for Manager said:

Soyou got to go with Fedde. Who would haver thought that we would be in the second round of the playoffs in a huge close out game and Erick Fedde is our starter? And I feel good about him shutting them down for 4 or 5.

As long as he keeps the walks down

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Fegan with the post game:

Chicago Sun-Times
No image preview

White Sox pitchers issue 10 walks, hitters strike out 19...

Even before the Guardians padded on late runs to a comfortable 9-3 victory, they dominated the battle to control the strike zone.

Says Hudson has an ERA of over six since the All Star Break.

17 minutes ago, Ozzie for Manager said:

Soyou got to go with Fedde. Who would haver thought that we would be in the second round of the playoffs in a huge close out game and Erick Fedde is our starter? And I feel good about him shutting them down for 4 or 5.

Why didn’t he pitch today? Seemed like there was zero plan and we were just playing for game 4. Very odd.

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Fegan with the post game:

Chicago Sun-Times
No image preview

White Sox pitchers issue 10 walks, hitters strike out 19...

Even before the Guardians padded on late runs to a comfortable 9-3 victory, they dominated the battle to control the strike zone.

Says Hudson has an ERA of over six since the All Star Break.

Venable sometimes has the urgency of a stoner trying to look for a job. That annoys the hell out of me. As soon as the Sox grabbed the one run lead, just go with your high leverage guys you trust, Smith with no runners on and take it from there.

Instead he goes to Hudson who predicably, was horrendous.

2 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

Why didn’t he pitch today? Seemed like there was zero plan and we were just playing for game 4. Very odd.

I mean we were down 4-1 after the 3rd. We need to have people available for tomorrow, if it were tired or we were up I would have thrown Fedde in the middle of the game

Just now, Bad Hombre said:

Why didn’t he pitch today? Seemed like there was zero plan and we were just playing for game 4. Very odd.

In Game 2, Venable said he wanted to use two LHP (ended up being Kay and Newcomb) to get through Kwan twice before going to the bulk RHP (Burke).

So I assume he wanted the same from Newcomb and Hudson today, but then Hudson didn't have it. Down 1 or 2, I suspect he maybe goes to Fedde still like he did with Burke, but down 3+ he was just buying time to see if the offense could claw back.

Edited by Autumn Dreamin

57 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Venable sometimes has the urgency of a stoner trying to look for a job. That annoys the hell out of me. As soon as the Sox grabbed the one run lead, just go with your high leverage guys you trust, Smith with no runners on and take it from there.

Instead he goes to Hudson who predicably, was horrendous.

Will never projects a sense of urgency.

This team needs to show its resilience again tomorrow

I just got too negative after that horseshit at bat in the 1st inning from Meidroth....I'm gonna step away from Gamethreads until the ALCS and just observe.

One thing before I go.....I hate to pick on one hitter but Mune has got to be better, he just has to be.

12 minutes ago, wegner said:

I just got too negative after that horseshit at bat in the 1st inning from Meidroth....I'm gonna step away from Gamethreads until the ALCS and just observe.

One thing before I go.....I hate to pick on one hitter but Mune has got to be better, he just has to be.

So does Colson Montgomery.

TAKE IT TOMORROW BOYS!!!

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Because pitching wins pennants and if you are Cleveland you have to feel pretty good about having a pair of top guys available where the Sox as stated don't.

I know if I was managing the Sox I'd love to have two guys of that caliber ready to go.

Doesn't mean Cleveland will win but anybody who thinks this series is over is not looking at reality.

I’m sorry…Sean Burke isn’t available on normal rest for game #5?

25 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m sorry…Sean Burke isn’t available on normal rest for game #5?

They way the pitching situation is convoluted who knows? Venable may use him tomorrow if needed.

And I don't know about you but I'd rather not go to a game #5 where literally anything can happen.

Like Jerry Koosman told me one time after he said it was harder to win in the postseason then the regular season. I asked him why and he said anything can happen. An injury, a bad call by an umpire, a fluke play, even the weather and you could be done.

From Fegan's latest story:

"But the longer this series stretches on, the trickier it becomes for the White Sox to navigate the Guardians’ starting pitching advantage. It was on display even with both sides running bullpen games on Wednesday, as All-Star left-hander Foster Griffin worked in bulk and recorded a Guardians’ record seven strikeouts as a reliever, and the Sox bullpen saw their control abandon them amid weeks of heavy use."

Edited by Lip Man 1

Sox Machine with the game recap:

No image preview

Guardians 9, White Sox 3: First clinching attempt fails -...

If there’s ever a time to be humbled, it’s after winning four consecutive postseason games and holding a 2-0 lead in a best-of-5 series. The excitement from a crowd of 40,590 was subdued by a four-run

A Clunker for sure. The boys have never had a carryover effect, so get'em tonight.

Absolutely sucks seeing Martin going out there with nothing but gasoline and matches

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 2

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.