Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland

Featured Replies

Just now, Green Line said:

The record with the blackout is not good. Its probably time to give up on that attempt at tradition

0-2 during day games

2-0 during night games

  • Replies 280
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Should have just gone with Hagen to start the 3rd

  • Colome's Hat
    Colome's Hat

    I have a date scheduled for tomorrow. It's going to be fine

  • Also, I can’t say this enough, but this season completely rejuvenated the fan base out by me in the Naperville region. Kids are having Sox viewing parties and the stores are packed with Sox merchandi

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

What does that mean. Its not actually gonna scare the guardians players... they have lights on the field

Clearly someone wasn’t a Sox fan back in 2008. The original blackout game was incredible and brought an energy unparalleled to anything I have ever witnessed in person. You have already declared defeat so not surprising you are trashing an actually awesome thing.

5 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Yea - email says for every postseason game

Awesome…thanks for confirming.

I feel like the crowd got to our guys last night. Its like they felt the pressure of the postseason for the first time, or pressed to not disappoint the home crowd.

Good experience. Hopefully they dont disappoint tonight!

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Clearly someone wasn’t a Sox fan back in 2008. The original blackout game was incredible and brought an energy unparalleled to anything I have ever witnessed in person. You have already declared defeat so not surprising you are trashing an actually awesome thing.

The 2021 nighttime blackout was pretty special, too - its memory just got overtaken by unfortunate subsequent events.

17 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I know you're referring to JR's infamous quote but in my opinion, even if they urinate this away, the season has to be considered a success.

First winning season since 2021 and only the sixth in the last 20 years.

Making the playoffs when they had only a 1% chance.

Winning an opening round series.

And not getting swept in the next series.

Will I be pissed if they can't advance?

Sure!

But all things considered this has been a remarkable season.

That’s the way I’m looking at it and also as a stepping stone to a bright future as I’m sure Getz will improve what needs to be improved as we have a pretty nice core going forward with Vargas, Meidroth, Teel, and Peters and maybe both Montgomerys and Mune. We already have a pretty solid bullpen but Hagen and Taylor could become starters next year so that might change things.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Clearly someone wasn’t a Sox fan back in 2008. The original blackout game was incredible and brought an energy unparalleled to anything I have ever witnessed in person. You have already declared defeat so not surprising you are trashing an actually awesome thing.

Oh no I remember, it was the greatest game of my life outside the world series.

39 minutes ago, tomtom823 said:

Yes I am. His strategy is not sustainable. The arms in the bullpen will be dragging, and one thing that Ron Darling pointed out that I agree with - If you use a lot of pitchers, there is a good chance that one of them will be off.

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

I feel like the crowd got to our guys last night. Its like they felt the pressure of the postseason for the first time, or pressed to not disappoint the home crowd.

Good experience. Hopefully they dont disappoint tonight!

This is exactly how I feel. That place was packed to see the Sox win. Everyone was ready to celebrate. The players definitely felt the pressure of that. We forget this team is full of young guys that have not experienced anything like this.

19 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

0-2 during day games

2-0 during night games

Maybe it has been said already in this thread or elsewhere...day games should be "white-outs" and night games should be the "black-outs". I thought it looked odd yesterday...but the blackouts of past at night looked good!

30 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

I feel like the crowd got to our guys last night. Its like they felt the pressure of the postseason for the first time, or pressed to not disappoint the home crowd.

Good experience. Hopefully they dont disappoint tonight!

Being a fan who was at the game I felt like every hitter was trying to hit a 500 foot home run and every pitcher was trying to be perfect. I do agree with your theory

33 minutes ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

Maybe it has been said already in this thread or elsewhere...day games should be "white-outs" and night games should be the "black-outs". I thought it looked odd yesterday...but the blackouts of past at night looked good!

Agree!!

19 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Being a fan who was at the game I felt like every hitter was trying to hit a 500 foot home run and every pitcher was trying to be perfect. I do agree with your theory

Hitters were definitely trying too hard yesterday

I don't know why but I have this feeling we walk it off tonight

I missed yesterday's game since my computer died . chugging along on this old one . hope tonight goes well . the fans deserve it.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We doing a blackout again today? Will actually work at night unlike the joke that was yesterday.

Yeah "blackout game" kind of doesn't have the same feel during the day

I have a bad feeling the staff is completely out of gas. I hope I'm wrong.

4 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I don't know why but I have this feeling we walk it off tonight

I feel that the Sox have to score 3 or more runs in inning #1 to keep pace with the Guardians until inning #5 or 6 when the ultimate winner would take over.

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I have a bad feeling the staff is completely out of gas. I hope I'm wrong.

I think it's pitcher-by-pitcher. I think there's reason to believe Hagen and Taylor might be...I don't see any reason to think Fedde is, though. Or Hicks. I really think so much hinges on how Hagen opens the game. If he looks like game 1 Hagen we'll be in good shape as I trust Fedde to come through as the bulk guy, and Hicks looked dynamite his last couple times out and has seen limited use.

12 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I don't know why but I have this feeling we walk it off tonight

As fun as that would be, I dont think my heart can handle that.

  • Author
1 hour ago, Green Line said:

The record with the blackout is not good. Its probably time to give up on that attempt at tradition

If we gave up on things because of our record, the Sox would have zero traditions left.

  • Author
1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Clearly someone wasn’t a Sox fan back in 2008. The original blackout game was incredible and brought an energy unparalleled to anything I have ever witnessed in person. You have already declared defeat so not surprising you are trashing an actually awesome thing.

It really is an odd flex. It's a unifying tradition meant to be fun. Assigning a statistical value to it is odd.

1 hour ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

Maybe it has been said already in this thread or elsewhere...day games should be "white-outs" and night games should be the "black-outs". I thought it looked odd yesterday...but the blackouts of past at night looked good!

So, I remember back when Sox got into the playoffs in 92 and did sort of a whiteout and everyone was swinging around white towels and Sox, and Ozzie in specific complained about it because it was hard to pick up the ball against the white moving background

  • Author
19 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I have a bad feeling the staff is completely out of gas. I hope I'm wrong.

They have been on fumes for months now.

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

So, I remember back when Sox got into the playoffs in 92 and did sort of a whiteout and everyone was swinging around white towels and Sox, and Ozzie in specific complained about it because it was hard to pick up the ball against the white moving background

'93? '92 was when they made that awful George Bell trade and finished 86-76.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.