The season is official over....

AngelasDaddy0427

I am beyond pissed about Olivo....

but at the same time beyond psyched about being a Gload away from a Kub sweep and about finally getting Garcia so I don't have to type "Glavine/Garcia" anymore. 

I totally disagree about Ortiz; f*** him.    Sox already (knock-knock-knock on finest wood) have enough to win the division once Maggs comes back.    Now we're talking about World Series, which is a COMPLETELY different ball-game, literally.    How about going after Randy Johnson before July 31st deadline? He makes 15 Mill? That's a lot, but with 2+ months to go it's only 5-6 Mill. AL hitters have forgot how to hit him.     

Unit

Garcia

Buerhle

Loaiza

has a great ring to it.  As long as he passes the physical (his knee mostly) why the hell not - we're ARE "going for it", aren't we?  Might as well increase our chances, right? Should Reed's and Olivo's legacies go in vain?

Since he is also due 15 Mill in 2005 when he'll be 41+, I don't believe Arizona will be asking for our best prospects - not all of them anyway.

And if Sox fail to win the Series (which, with Yankees and Red Sox is very easy to do), then it's ok because this team will be so electric in the 2nd half of the season that it will make a pretty good profit for JR to say nothing of season-ticket increases going into 2005 that that "extra" 8-10 Mill JR is spending on Garcia and Unit in the 2nd half will be partly earned back - and you CANNOT MEASURE THE GOODWILL that will come form it going into 2005 and hopefully 2006 and beyond. That's how franchises get turned around and dynasties are built, one giant step at a time :headbang   

[/knows it's implausible but secretly holds out hope]

Johnson has a no-trade clause & the last time he was asked about it he said I'm happy ending my career with Arizona. It would be great to add him but it's out of the D-backs hands. They owe him more deferred $$$ than any other team owes another player.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wierd. Before the cubs series you kept on blabbering about how the cubs rotation was going to hold us down and how we were going to get killed. What happened? How could we possibly take 2 out of 3 from a team like the cubs? How can we possibly beat that starting rotation?

I'm very happy that the Sox took two out of three, but the point that you're trying to make here is invalid. When the Devil Rays take two out of three from the Yankees, that doesn't make them a better team. Any baseball realist would agree that the Sox have no business beating Prior or Zambrano. That was basically Brando's underlying point, correct?

What the f*** is wrong with you Jeckle.

Hell I can be a b**** sometimes, I know this and I apoligize for that.

I have total faith in KW right now.

Freddy Garcia is a power pitcher who will get players out. I love Miguel, but it is obvious KW is pissed off about his pitch calls.

Jeremy Reed could be great, could suck ass, its a risk I can take.

Now Jeckle shut up, and go back to kissing the ass of Felix Diaz. I hope you got one of those interleague hats today, because you sound like a whiny ass cubs fan right now.

What the f*** is wrong with you Jeckle.

Hell I can be a b**** sometimes, I know this and I apoligize for that.

I have total faith in KW right now.

Freddy Garcia is a power pitcher who will get players out.  I love Miguel, but it is obvious KW is pissed off about his pitch calls.

Jeremy Reed could be great, could suck ass, its a risk I can take.

Now Jeckle shut up, and go back to kissing the ass of Felix Diaz.  I hope you got one of those interleague hats today, because you sound like a whiny ass cubs fan right now.

:headbang

I'm not going to defend no one here but it really sucks that no one can give there opinion without being blasted. What i've noticed is tat if you on't agree wit soemone than you want them banned and that sucks

Dont' look at me, I always like getting in discussion with other people when I disagree. Heck, the whole Andruw Jones thread had like 20 pages of back and forth excellent discussion.

However, in Jeckle's case, I am not going to knock him. He's an enthusiastic Sox fan who I feel makes a lot of knee jerk reactions. Nothing wrong with that, he still bleeds silver and black and thats what matters.

We are all Sox fans and a lot of us have different visions of what is best but were all rooting for the Sox to be the best and thats what matters :headbang

Hell look at me and Brando. I have a lot of respect for his knowledge, but usually the two of us disagree quite often on ideas, but we both learn the other side of the argument and I think most of the time the two of us see each others argument and understand where they came from.

Hell lately I've been agreeing with Brando more and more often, which could maybe mean the Sox are getting closer to figuring everything out :cheers

I love Miguel, but it is obvious KW is pissed off about his pitch calls.

I don't really think Kenny was pissed at Miguel about anything.

He seemed genuinely upset about having to deal him.

I don't think Kenny's a good enough actor to appear that sad about trading him.

It's all about giving value to get value, and Garcia fills the most glaring need the Sox have at this time.

I am REALLY going to miss Miggy, he was my second-favorite player on this team ( behind only the Mighty SHINGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ) and he's going to be a VERY good player for a VERY long time.

:headbang :headbang MIGGY - GO GET 'EM IN SEATTLE!!!! :headbang :headbang

Do we still get 2 draft picks in next year's draft if we lose Garcia to a team like the Yanks in FA. Otherwise, we better resign him I tell ya.

Yeah your correct we will get two draft picks for him, but i would much rather have him signed.

but i would much rather have him signed.

There's no f***ing doubt Garcia will sign an extension. One of two scenarios:

1. KW overpays (which he undoubtably will; 50 million/5 years)

2. FG settles for a reasonable contract (28 million/4 years)

Why do I believe KW will give Garcia his intended contract? Because he has no other choice. Does Williams risk playing hardball (a favorite of Reinsdorf), with the distinct possibility Garcia could return to Seattle next season? Williams would be f***ing chastised if Reed/Olivo/SS prospect were ultimately traded for a rent-a-player. If I'm Freddy's agent, I'm holding this possibily over KW's head, with one simple message: give my client what he desires or we'll walk.

Through all the "what-if's" I'm fairly optimist:

If Sox fans have endured one repugnant quality of KW throughout these years, its been his stubbornness. He will attempt to prove this deal worked out for our favor; long term deal for Garcia is giant step in that direction.

I dunno, didn't KW give up on Rick White relatively quick as well as D'Angelo Jimenez. I mean, he stuck around with him for half a season and called it quits on him.

Kw seems to admit his mistakes. The only guy he really stuck with was Todd Ritchie and Royce Clayton.

Jeckle

Just chill dude....can we wait for, I dunno, another 40 games and then see howt his trade worked out?

You do understand we are in a neck to neck race with the Twins

We need to pull ahead and then figure out how to beat the Yanks/Bo Sox etc

I love a short 5 game series with Freddy, Buerhle, Elo and Garland against the Yanks or Bo Sox now

Get us one more solid reliever (right handed) to take over Mike Jackson, and we put in Scho in the pen for the playoffs to support Marte from the left side

Pen for the playoffs:

Marte, Shingo, Politte, Traded solid reliever, Cotts, Adkins, Schoenewise

Nice....very nice

What the f*** was he thinking.

It's bad enough you give away one of the best young catching talents in baseball but to f***ing give it up for a fly ball pitcher who can't keep the ball down who's era would inevitably sky rocket to over 5 in a few starts really pisses me off.

I thought we were finally going to win it all this year and now all I can see is finishing behind Detriot.

This doesn't help us it kills us and now the Mariners have a shot to take it all.

This is so awful.... :crying

Oh shut up.

:rolleyes:

RJ has a ring, and a nice cushy house less than 15 minutes from where he works, and more money than the entire Sox roster combined. Why on earth would he want to come here and babysit this team. :huh

Also, FG's agent is Boras.. unless the Sox are willing to spend mucho dinero... and commit to several years... both things the Sox don't do... :unsure:

Friendship is nice.. but $$ and security is nicer.

RJ has a ring, and a nice cushy house less than 15 minutes from where he works, and more money than the entire Sox roster combined. Why on earth would he want to come here and babysit this team.  :huh

Also, FG's agent is Boras.. unless the Sox are willing to spend mucho dinero... and commit to several years... both things the Sox don't do...  :unsure:

After missing out on Freddy Garcia, George Steinbrenner will do something big. Randy Johnson big. :o

Ask it b****. BRING IT MOTHER f***ER. DON'T BRING UP MY RACE ASSHOLE CAUSE YOUR GOING DOWN CABRON. f*** YOU ASSHOLE :fyou

Whoa Josh. This is so unlike your normal self. You are kinda surprising me with all this venom you are spewing.

RJ has a ring, and a nice cushy house less than 15 minutes from where he works, and more money than the entire Sox roster combined. Why on earth would he want to come here and babysit this team.  :huh

Also, FG's agent is Boras.. unless the Sox are willing to spend mucho dinero... and commit to several years... both things the Sox don't do...  :unsure:

I agree. Randy Johnson will finish the season with D'Backs. I've never had any delusions about him agreeing to come to the Sox. It ain't happenin'.

I just cannot fathom why so many of you are ignoring this...

Catcher is not an easy position to fill. We don't even have another decent catcher in our minor league system.

To just give away a future allstar is absolutely ridiculous.

I am sorry about my comments about Garcia but to give Olivo for him IMO is nuts.

Don't you dare call me a Bandwagon fan either.

I have been a die hard sox fan since age 12. This just has disaster written all over it.

I hope i'm wrong about this I really do....

What I cant fathom is how much negativity can come from one person. If someone gave you 10 million dollars you'd b**** cause the bills weren't in sequential order by serial number. You're a tool.

What I cant fathom is how much negativity can come from one person.  If someone gave you 10 million dollars you'd b**** cause the bills weren't in sequential order by serial number.  You're a tool.

Maybe you could read some of your Frank Thomas threads...?? :rolleyes:

I have been avaoiding posting on this subject due to the extreme negativity surrounding this...

But here I go...

HOO-f***ING-RAY!!! for Kenny!!!

WE ALL wanted a front line pitcher!

WE ALL said do what you need to do Kenny so Garcia doesn't go to NY or Boston.

Kenny gets him and Everyone b****es and Overeacts!

:puke

I would rather have a #1 or #2 pitcher than a developing catcher hitting 9th.

I love Big Mo, but PEOPLE look at the big picture.

There are other deals to be made. Kenny will get us another young, talented catcher. Reed is good, but we are stocked at Outfielders in the minors.

Remember we got Olivo for Bradford...

Garcia wasn't coming to us for nothing. Jeez..

Did you not read the thread I made where I called myself out on that one?  I'm a lot more positive than I am negative there Steff.

Probably not since I would have guessed you were just b****ing again.

In any event, my post above should have been in green.