Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fountain was totally bizarre. I think it goes for a 2001: A Space Odyssey feel but I don't know, upon first viewing I was just perplexed and didn't enjoy it. When I saw 2001 for the first time I was perplexed but at least I enjoyed it.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ May 28, 2007 -> 01:11 AM)
The Fountain was totally bizarre. I think it goes for a 2001: A Space Odyssey feel but I don't know, upon first viewing I was just perplexed and didn't enjoy it. When I saw 2001 for the first time I was perplexed but at least I enjoyed it.

perplexed is the word i was looking for...that's how i feel about that movie...totally bizarre

watched little miss sunshine over the weekend. cute, but not sure i got all the hype.

and i'm sure this has been well-covered here before, but how did alan arkin win an oscar for that.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 30, 2007 -> 12:06 PM)
Not sure why but I watched Alpha Dog last night. Overall not very good, but I didn't know that a lot of it was shot around here. They found some obscure places in So Cal.

I really liked the movie. i thought Hirsch and Timberlake over acted a little bit but I found it very interesting because it was a true story and according to what I read, the movie was very similar to what really happened.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ May 30, 2007 -> 08:43 PM)
A group of friends started watching classic movies...this month was "East of Eden"...

Dean is/was awesome.

Hitchcock is next month, any suggestions?

vertigo and rear window are good.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ May 30, 2007 -> 02:26 PM)
Saw "Bottle Rocket." Not impressed.

It's a different brand of humor, that's for sure. The last half hour or so of that movie had me on the floor laughing.

[Anthony and Dignan find Kumar in the meat freezer.]

Kumar: Man, I blew it. I blew it, man.

Anthony: Kumar, what were you doing in the freezer?

Kumar: I don't know, man, I lose my touch, man.

Dignan: Did you ever have a touch to lose, man?

Dignan: Who tripped the alarm, man?

Anthony: It's the fire alarm!

Dignan: Who tripped the fire alarm?

Anthony: IT'S BECAUSE OF ALL THIS f***ING SMOKE, MAN!

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ May 30, 2007 -> 03:43 PM)
A group of friends started watching classic movies...this month was "East of Eden"...

Dean is/was awesome.

Hitchcock is next month, any suggestions?

I took a class on him in college, it was great, he was truly amazing. It may sound simple, but the classics are classics for a reason, Psycho and the Birds.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 11:46 PM)
Knocked Up was pretty damn funny.

The soon to be wife made me see it today. It was solid, but it really dragged at points. And I also can't believe how bad the preview for the new movie with the Rock in it looked.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 10:45 PM)
The soon to be wife made me see it today. It was solid, but it really dragged at points. And I also can't believe how bad the preview for the new movie with the Rock in it looked.

Hm they didn't show that for me... what's it called?