Carl Crawford

Sox1422

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
After watching our bullpen implode (again) last night, I don't see how people can still talk about trading for Crawford.

I'd be all ears for any bullpen guys out there who could help. But the asking price will be steep for even a mediocre late inning guy, esp. with all the injuries around baseball.

If the sox 'pen can hold their own until the playoffs, the sox add Garland to the mix.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 07:47 PM)
I'd be all ears for any bullpen guys out there who could help. But the asking price will be steep for even a mediocre late inning guy, esp. with all the injuries around baseball.

If the sox 'pen can hold their own until the playoffs, the sox add Garland to the mix.

That should be in green. I agree the bullpen needs to be tweaked, but I am now coming around on CF. Anderson needs to start hitting. As much as I have criticized Ozzie in the past, you can't blame him for PH Mackowiak, but Mack cannot play CF for any length of time. I was at a Patio Party last night and sat in the OF. Make no mistake about it, Matthews double is more than likely caught by Anderson. I would say Anderson's chances of making that play are at least 95%, its a play Rowand, with as deep as he plays and his total disregard for the wall would make at least 99% of the time. So that's at least 4 times this past week that having Mack in CF has cost the White Sox runs. That's not going to work, and neither is Anderson hitting .160. The rest of the guys except Uribe and occassionally Pods have been hitting out of their minds. It can't continue. Production is needed in CF as well as defense. If Anderson can't hit, Mackowiak isn't the solution.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 07:53 AM)
Didn't Carl Crawford recently hurt his knee? Doing a Martin Gramatica jump and owie.... Anyone heard if its serious or no?

Giangreco said on the news last night that he blew it out

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 08:53 AM)
Giangreco said on the news last night that he blew it out

Carl Crawford (knee) is expected to return to the lineup Saturday.

Crawford sat out Friday's game after injuring his knee while arguing with an umpire Thursday. "I thought I tore a ligament or something because of the way it felt," Crawford said. It may take Crawford a couple games to start running again. Jun. 3 - 10:51 am et

Source: Tampa Tribune

Consider your source....

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 11:00 AM)
Carl Crawford (knee) is expected to return to the lineup Saturday.

Crawford sat out Friday's game after injuring his knee while arguing with an umpire Thursday. "I thought I tore a ligament or something because of the way it felt," Crawford said. It may take Crawford a couple games to start running again. Jun. 3 - 10:51 am et

Source: Tampa Tribune

Consider your source....

Well, it was right after it happened, and by the way he reacted and how he landed it sure looked like it was very possible that he blew out his knee. Consider Crawfordtalk.net to be back ONLINE! ;)

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 08:09 AM)
That should be in green. I agree the bullpen needs to be tweaked, but I am now coming around on CF. Anderson needs to start hitting. As much as I have criticized Ozzie in the past, you can't blame him for PH Mackowiak, but Mack cannot play CF for any length of time. I was at a Patio Party last night and sat in the OF. Make no mistake about it, Matthews double is more than likely caught by Anderson. I would say Anderson's chances of making that play are at least 95%, its a play Rowand, with as deep as he plays and his total disregard for the wall would make at least 99% of the time. So that's at least 4 times this past week that having Mack in CF has cost the White Sox runs. That's not going to work, and neither is Anderson hitting .160. The rest of the guys except Uribe and occassionally Pods have been hitting out of their minds. It can't continue. Production is needed in CF as well as defense. If Anderson can't hit, Mackowiak isn't the solution.

I too was at the game last night and i agree completely. We need a real CF *cough* Corey Patterson *cough*

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 05:47 PM)

The asking price will be steep for Carl Crawford as well.

The Sox will have a difficult time making the playoffs in a competitive AL Central with this craptacular bullpen.

I'd rather have Anderson's piss-poor hitting but great defense and reliable set-up man than Crawford and no help in the 'pen.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
The asking price will be steep for Carl Crawford as well.

The Sox will have a difficult time making the playoffs in a competitive AL Central with this craptacular bullpen.

I'd rather have Anderson's piss-poor hitting but great defense and reliable set-up man than Crawford and no help in the 'pen.

^^^^

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
If JR's willing to pay his contract, then bring him on.

We'd end up paying him a ridiculous sum to sit on the DL. Its not really worth it in any sense, especially since his offense isn't really needed with Thome, Kong, and Dye in the middle of the order.

QUOTE(Mansoo @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
How about K. Griffey Jr. ??

I don't think its a question about money. I'm sure Cincinatti would pick up some of if not all post playing days obligation, but the deal last year included Chris Young. He gone, and the Reds are in a better position in the standings. The baseball people with Cincinatti probably would trade him in a heartbeat, but the business people aka ownership would be leary of letting him go, if he would even go. He would get hurt in no time though, and he can't get a breather at DH, so pass at this time.

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
Crawford has a great contract and the D-Ray's outfield is crowded. He should become available by the trade deadline. What do you think it would cost the Sox to get him?

From what I hear the Rays want young pitchers.

I honestly do not see any trades happening any time soon. I see Mackowiak playing centerfield a lot like he has been and Anderson getting in when he can to get back on track.

I just don't see any other teams wanting to trade right now, and I don't see any outfielders for our team in the near future unless they are coming from AAA. Maybe a reliever via the waiver wire, or by the deadline, from teams out of the race.

When is Hermy coming back and what was his initial injury?

Edited by Beastly

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)

I'm one of the Anderson backers. But him hitting .160 [this season] won't cut it. Mack isn't a CFer and can't be trusted out there everyday. The only solution is BA hitting. If he doesn't, a trade should be looked into.

Anderson has a high ceiling and should have a fine career in MLB. But if Crawford could play CF on an everyday basis, a deal shouldn't just be disregarded. If they made a deal for Carl, then Anderson could be dealt for bullpen help. The sox do need bullpen help. But other moves could be made as well.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)

In a perfect world, sure. But if BA doesn't hit, he'll probably be in AAA [though for a short stint to get a string of games and AB's under his belt]. The alternative is having Mackowiak in CF giving up a lot of runs.

It's not like the sox would be unable to add a bullpen arm if someone like Crawford was available/ attained. I'm saying if the sox could add a guy who could fit into the sox short and long term plans [like a Crawford], they should look into it.

With few "reliable set up men" available, though [LaTroy Hawkins and Guardado come to mind due to their big contracts and being FA's in 2007] the sox may need to look outside the box [like trading for a SP and converting them to set up, like Tony Armas, Jr.; or putting Lance Broadway/ Lumsden in relief].