6/10 Game Thread

aboz56

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see AJ catch Buerhle today. I know Mark threw 8 shutout innings against Cleveland last year on opening day, and the Sox won with AJ catching Buerhle against Cleve. this year's opening night. With the problems Buerhle has had in head to head match-ups with Sabbathia, I'd like Ozzie to switch catchers to see if it helps. It looks like it should clear by gametime, but the weather in downtown Chicago is brutal right now. Its so cold and raining heavily.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 08:30 AM)
What is the likelihood that this game is rained out? Anyone have a good idea?

yeah Iwould like to know because I'm planning on going.

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 08:31 AM)
yeah Iwould like to know because I'm planning on going.

Chicagotribune.com's forecast calls for steady rain this morning with scattered showers in the afternoon. I predict that the game will be played, but there will be rain delays.

I'm at the office downtown this morning, so I'm going to try and get some work done while keeping an eye on the weather. But I think there will be baseball on the South Side today.

Of course, what the hell do I know? :huh

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 09:01 AM)
Sec. 163, here I come.

Rain, Rain, Stay Away!

Section 162 for me, and I am undecided as to what is going to happen. Here's to hoping for a good game from Mark, because the conditions will be downright miserable.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 10:33 AM)
Ozuna, LF

Iguchi, 2B

Thome, DH

PK, 1B

Dye, RF

Cintron, 3B

Widger, C

Uribe, SS

Anderson, CF

Buehrle, SP

ozuna in left......

i was listening to the score and the ranger said that george offman said the sox inquired about soriano,sanders, and clark.

isnt soriano just as bad defensively as pablo? he has a lot of assists but hes pretty bad. i would hate trading for him.

anyways :gosox1: :fight :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 10:26 AM)
I hope there's some rain, as Jim Thome, for one, seems to like playing in the rain against Cleveland.

Agreed. And I hope Buehrle's wife gave him some buttered toast for breakfast. He pitches better when he eats buttered toast.

Isn't Buehrle something like 0-5 in head-to-head matchups against CC ?

The law of averages are bound to work in Mark's favor.

Plus, look at the stellar bottom three hitters we have today:

Widger, C

Uribe, SS

Anderson, CF

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 11:21 AM)
Isn't Buehrle something like 0-5 in head-to-head matchups against CC ?

The law of averages are bound to work in Mark's favor.

Plus, look at the stellar bottom three hitters we have today:

Widger, C

Uribe, SS

Anderson, CF

I'm predicting a 1/9 day for those three comibned ... that lone hit will be a game winning something! :gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox3:

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)

i was listening to the score and the ranger said that george offman said the sox inquired about soriano,sanders, and clark.

isnt soriano just as bad defensively as pablo? he has a lot of assists but hes pretty bad. i would hate trading for him.

You'd hate trading for one of the best hitters in baseball this season? :headshake

If we were able to get Soriano, I'd have no problem with putting Pods in CF, and Soriano in LF. That would be terrible defensively, but it would improve our offense to the point where you might be able to get away with a lesser defense.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 10:37 AM)
ozuna in left......

yeah... soriano sucks in left.

But other than pujols, he's been the best offensive player in baseball this year. And considering the size of his home park and the general crappiness of the nationals, he's been pretty rediculous.

Soriano WILL be traded... its just a question of which team will pay the highest price. If the Yankees had any young talent at all, he'd be in pinstripes... but they really don't. Soriano is a free agent and has expressed very little interest in returning to Washington. He's a rental player cause he is definitely entering the free agent market at the end of the year.

The white sox might be a player for soriano, but the price would be hefty. Where would he hit on the white sox? 5th? move JD down? Maybe bat Iguchi sixth and Soriano second? Its probably a waste of time to speculate cause it ain't happening

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 11:21 AM)
Widger, C

Uribe, SS

Anderson, CF

Does anyone know Buerhle's record with Widger behind homeplate? I thought I heard on the Score that he has an ERA over 5 and has no victories. It was a John Dewan stat and I don't remember it.

QUOTE(G&T @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 01:24 PM)
Does anyone know Buerhle's record with Widger behind homeplate? I thought I heard on the Score that he has an ERA over 5 and has no victories. It was a John Dewan stat and I don't remember it.

I don't have exact numbers, but I do know that Widgers CERA is s***...so that says alot for anyone on the mound. AJ needed a day off though.