8/15 @ 7:05 Game Thread

GoRowand33

with a laugher tonight the sox look to keep the intensity high to continue beating the royals

vazquez has been successful against the royals this year, and the offense is grooving so as long as we can avoid the bad-team/low intensity-mental block, we should ok

:gosox1:

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 03:23 AM)
Why?

Hernandez isnt all that bad.. he has some decent stuff and all. And compared to the other Royal SP's....

I just noticed his era... he seemed so promising a couple seasons ago lol

Edited by SoxFan101

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hernandez isnt all that bad.. he has some decent stuff and all. And compared to the other Royal SP's....

I just noticed his era... he seemed so promising a couple seasons ago lol

He's out of shape and can't strike anyone out.

He's worthless.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
Hernandez has been crap for a while now. The one guy I worried about this series was the guy we saw tonight, being a soft-tossing lefty and all.

Any word on who the Royals starter for the finale will be?

Yup. I was worried about tonight as well. Redmen threw a pretty good game against us last time. Now that we've won this game, and you consider the pitching matchups the rest of the series, I'll actually be dissapointed if we don't sweep.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
Hernandez has been crap for a while now. The one guy I worried about this series was the guy we saw tonight, being a soft-tossing lefty and all.

Any word on who the Royals starter for the finale will be?

He beat Boston his last start. 4ER over 7IP iirc. Let's hope that's a case of the blind squirrel finding a nut.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 01:23 AM)
He beat Boston his last start. 4ER over 7IP iirc. Let's hope that's a case of the blind squirrel finding a nut.

Or just a case of Boston really not playing well. They have looked flat of late and other than Ortiz and ManRam..no one else has done much. Sox should kick the crap out of Hernandez. I also will be there with about 800 of my closest friends...Evans Scholars in the house tonight.

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 07:11 AM)
Or just a case of Boston really not playing well. They have looked flat of late and other than Ortiz and ManRam..no one else has done much. Sox should kick the crap out of Hernandez. I also will be there with about 800 of my closest friends...Evans Scholars in the house tonight.

You forgot Mike Lowell.... Im actually really hoping Boston can win their division because id much rather face them than the Yanks.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:46 AM)
I'm liking how Ozzie recently has played only 1 sub per game. That's the way he should be doing it. Get most of the guys a rest about once a week, and get each sub in there every couple of days and as defensive replacements late in the game.

It's getting late in the year. Ozzie tries to keep everybody sharp and/or fresh through the 'meat' of the season, but at crunch time he makes adjustments. He showed that pattern last year, to the point that the subs rarely got into any post season games. The man has a plan.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:46 AM)
I'm liking how Ozzie recently has played only 1 sub per game. That's the way he should be doing it. Get most of the guys a rest about once a week, and get each sub in there every couple of days and as defensive replacements late in the game.

Also, a lot of subs were able to get in yesterday, so that should keep em sharp. If Ozzie is going to sub out Anderson, which I do not want him to do cause Brian is in a nice rhythm, but if he is.... please do it now. I want Brian patrolling center for the Minny and Tigers game. He can play 7 in a row. We need our best defense at those parks.

I was in Boston last night at a bar, rooting for the red sox, wearing my white sox hat. I was slightly angry when the tigers put the game away. I got a funny look or two, but I think people caught on eventually.

It'll probably be a similar situation tonight, hopefully with me loving the red sox for taking care of the tigers and allowing us to gain a game on those pesky tiggers. Go sox (squared).

Tonight's Lineup

Pods, LF; Iguchi, 2B; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Dye, RF; AJ, C; Crede, 3B; Uribe, SS; Anderson, CF. Vazquez takes the mound.

Edit: Brian Anderson will have, by my count, started each of the last 7 games if this is the correct lineup. He is hitting .368 with an OPS of 1.057 in that stretch. And interestingly enough, we've lost 1 game.

Edited by Balta1701