UPDATE: Uribe now certain he'll play

chisox2334

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uribe hasnt been effective the past couple of years in hte lineup, but his defense has been amazing. Without him the sox will have a harder time competing unless they make another move to replace him since cintrons defense isnt close to his. THe system seems pretty bare right now with a replacement for him, maybe we can pry a shortstop from the Angels?

That whole picture just irkes me..... First why in the heck doesn't he have a nice suit on? and second is i hope KW has known about him possibly sitting out!!!! Regardless of Uribes free swinging at the plate his defense his great and without him would leave us with a BIG hole!! Defense and pitching wins Championships!

QUOTE(spataro51 @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 02:31 PM)
That whole picture just irkes me..... First why in the heck doesn't he have a nice suit on? and second is i hope KW has known about him possibly sitting out!!!! Regardless of Uribes free swinging at the plate his defense his great and without him would leave us with a BIG hole!! Defense and pitching wins Championships!

In a country that has a lot of poverty, showing up in a suit is not necessarily the best message you want to project.

QUOTE(spataro51 @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 02:31 PM)

Even if we try to trade for someone else or make some other move, this still hurts us. For one, Uribe has effectively sliced his worth down to the bone, so he is a less effective bargaining chip. And, the uncertainty is maybe worse than knowing for sure what will happen. Also, this puts is in a weaker trading position, as we will now appear to be in desperate need.

This is a negative-value situation, and even if we get a better SS by April 1, we will have lost something.

And what the heck is up with this twice-a-month visit thing anyway? Seems like the judge just wants to make a point. If he was suspect or a flight risk, they could have just held him in-country.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 02:35 PM)
In a country that has a lot of poverty, showing up in a suit is not necessarily the best message you want to project.

True you do have a point and i understand your reasoning.....but even uribe with the celebrity status... i assum still should of should up looking better then what he did. I mean if i was on trial or somehow was accused or involved(which we really don't know if he was)in a shooting. I would want to try to look the best as possible. JMO

QUOTE(shoota @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 02:37 PM)
Could be a blessing in disguise.

140+ games with Cintron at short will explain to you how false that sentence is. When Juan is hot, he is a damn great hitter and when he is cold, he sucks. But, he is one of the three best defensive shortstops in the league and overall a better player than Cintron. BTW, Juanny looks like he slimmed down a little. If he plays this year, I expect a solid season .270, 20 HR, 70 RBIs and 10 SBs.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 02:36 PM)
And what the heck is up with this twice-a-month visit thing anyway? Seems like the judge just wants to make a point. If he was suspect or a flight risk, they could have just held him in-country.

I'm not an attorney, but this seems like a judge making it known that he's in charge. I don't think this would last unless there were really something to the case, in which instance Uribe would perhaps be in custody or out on bail and not allowed to leave the country anyways (assuming that's how it works down there).

Uribe's career fielding percentage is .975

Cintron's career fielding percentage is .974

in 2006, Cintron's (SS) fielding % was .973

in 2006, Uribe's (SS) fielding % was .977

in 2005, Cintron's (SS) fielding % was .966

in 2005, Uribe's (SS) fielding % was .977

in 2004, Cintron's (SS) fielding % was .972

in 2004, Uribe's (SS) fielding % was .983

in 2003, Cintron's (SS) fielding % was .979

in 2003, Uribe's (SS) fielding % was .972

so for every 600 fielding chances (approx Juan's amount last year) Alex would have made approximately 2 more errors all season.

while at the same time, Alex would have had 23 more hits all season and would have been on base 26 more times than Juan all season.