UPDATE: Uribe now certain he'll play

chisox2334

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 03:44 PM)
Uribe's career fielding percentage is .975

Cintron's career fielding percentage is .974

in 2006, Cintron's (SS) fielding % was .973

in 2006, Uribe's (SS) fielding % was .977

in 2005, Cintron's (SS) fielding % was .966

in 2005, Uribe's (SS) fielding % was .977

in 2004, Cintron's (SS) fielding % was .972

in 2004, Uribe's (SS) fielding % was .983

in 2003, Cintron's (SS) fielding % was .979

in 2003, Uribe's (SS) fielding % was .972

so for every 600 fielding chances (approx Juan's amount last year) Alex would have made approximately 2 more errors all season.

while at the same time, Alex would have had 23 more hits all season and would have been on base 26 more times than Juan all season.

Well it's official Alex Cintron is better defensively than Juan Uribe, I can't believe no one thought to look at his fielding% numbers. Bill James is a f***tard.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so for every 600 fielding chances (approx Juan's amount last year) Alex would have made approximately 2 more errors all season.

while at the same time, Alex would have had 23 more hits all season and would have been on base 26 more times than Juan all season.

Just how many times do you plan on getting shot down on the FLD% argument? :huh:

QUOTE(U can putitontheboarrrrd...YES @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 05:25 PM)
Any chance the sox would want to pickup someone like Ronnie Belliard and try him out at SS just in case Juan doesnt play?

i dont see the sox spending a lot of money on the free agent market now, there just inst enough talent out there to justify the money needed to sign the guys

that said, i would love a deal to get erick aybar from the Angels for some young guys that we can afford to lose, maybe a broadway and some other prospects, Aybar is stuck behind cabrera and brandon wood so maybe KW could find a fit with them now

anybody know about other prospect shortstops ready to play in the bigs?

f***.

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 03:44 PM)

By that logic, they are each on par with Ozzie Smith and his career .978 fielding percentage. Solid work there.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 10:47 PM)
f***.

By that logic, they are each on par with Ozzie Smith and his career .978 fielding percentage. Solid work there.

f-off.

point being, uribe isnt as great of a defensive SS as you think and Cintron isnt as poor. Offensively Cintron is far superior to Uribe.

im not saying that fielding % is the only gauge of defensive skills, however from a fielding % comparison they are equivilent.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 10:03 PM)
Just how many times do you plan on getting shot down on the FLD% argument? :huh:

how many times have I been shot down with it so far???

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 06:20 PM)
f-off.

point being, uribe isnt as great of a defensive SS as you think and Cintron isnt as poor. Offensively Cintron is far superior to Uribe.

im not saying that fielding % is the only gauge of defensive skills, however from a fielding % comparison they are equivilent.

how many times have I been shot down with it so far???

Not to throw a wrench into your stats...but out of those numbers...how many games was Cintron at 2B?

This whole thing is bulls***. How can a judge order somebody to make twice monthly court appearences if there are no charges?!? Hell...it's the friggin Dominican Republic. Get a bag of cash and a few boxes of Cubans to the judge and let's move on.

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 03:20 PM)
f-off.

And that means little because it doesn't take into account the fact Uribe's range blows away Cintron's.

Offensively Cintron is far superior to Uribe.

LOL, that's not accurate at all.

If Cintron were to replace Uribe this year, 80% of Soxtalk will be calling for him to be benched by July (just like Uribe).

QUOTE(shoota @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 02:37 PM)
Could be a blessing in disguise.

I'm with you on this one, if he sits out 07, he gets bought out in 08 for 500k. This would also most likely be the precursor to Crede being moved since KW doesn't want to play Boras's game.

i posted this over at SSS, and ill just repost.

Send Crede to LAA

I doubt we could get Wood; Kendrick and Wood look to be the angels future. Which would appear to make 2B Sean Rodriguez & SS Erick Aybar available maybe throw in Phillips or Logan and OF Reggie Willits becomes available since the angels have very little LHP depth. They just gave Brendan Donnelly away for AAAA Phil Seibel. Willits is a little old to wear the prospect tag(25), even though he has never repeated a lvl, and the angels outfield is very crowded hes not even a top 20 prospect in their system even though he led milb in OBP last year.

I'd love to see all them on the south side and Josh holding down the hot corner.

S Reggie Willits LF

R Tadahito Iguchi 2B *

L Jim Thome DH

R Jermaine Dye RF

R Paul Konerko 1B

L A.J. Pierzynski C

S Erick Aybar SS *

R Brian Anderson CF

R Josh Fields 3B

I think during spring training Aybar and Iguchi could switch spots in the line up.

Also that would spend Podsednik packing possibly to the Padres to replace that horrid platoon of Terrmel Sledge & Jose Cruz in LF. Cesar Carrillo + Kyle Blanks anyone?

I'm all for bringing in ML ready talent(Fields/Aybar/Willits) and replacing two of our biggest holes last year with cheaper cost effective players that would have even better OBP and a push with defense. Willits has a very good glove and Aybar isn't on the lvl with Uribe, but he can at least be average if not above average. Crede > Fields, but at the same time i think Josh could be average at 3B next year.

Throw in Rodriguez & Carrillo & Blanks, and were setting our self up for the future so we won't have to deal with a 100 loss season.

I was thinking more along the lines of OC and a prospect. Without Joe we would need a steady defensive presence at ss, with Fields and Cintron platooning at third. I don't see Stoneman giving away Kendrick with his love for prospects. Maybe we could squeeze OC and this Jose Arrendondo kid out of them....

.............. Pos...G...PO...A...E..DP...FP.lgFP.RFg.lgRFg..RF9.lgRF9..GS..Inn

Juan Uribe.... SS* 614 1033 1842 76 434 .974 .971 4.68 4.04 4.96 4.53 588 5219.7

Alex Cintron.. SS* 321 _382 _834 33 160 .974 .973 3.79 3.98 4.30 4.48 286 2547.3

I'm usually a big fielding percentage fan, I always argue with Kalapse about it, but a fine shortstop has qualities that don't come through on the standard numbers. Juan's range factor is a little inflated because he takes every single pop up he can get to, even if he has to push a teamate out of the way. But with that arm of his, he also makes throws on many many balls that most shortstops just stick in their pocket.

Cintron is not a disaster, but he is a big step down from Juan Uribe.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 02:47 PM)
140+ games with Cintron at short will explain to you how false that sentence is. When Juan is hot, he is a damn great hitter and when he is cold, he sucks. But, he is one of the three best defensive shortstops in the league and overall a better player than Cintron. BTW, Juanny looks like he slimmed down a little. If he plays this year, I expect a solid season .270, 20 HR, 70 RBIs and 10 SBs.

Nah, it's just that those stripes are soo slimming. ;)

First of all, f*** s*** cock balls son of a b****, there goes the defense

Secondly, the mass of Soxtalk would be completely pissed about Cintron at SS come, oh, April 18th.

Third, don't strike up any trade rumors about big name players, because at this point, the value of these players will completely destroy what KW has built up (meaning probable packages of Crede, Gio, and Danks for ARod and Tejada).

And finally...Podsednik for Carillo and Blanks beau? If we're getting that much for garbage, why don't we just take Greene from them and keep Crede? And horrid platoon of Sledge and Cruz? Sledge has never really been a good player, but every season Cruz has been in the big leagues, he's had a respectable season. As an 8 hitter, he's worth hanging on to at like $650K or whatever ridiculously cheap salary he's at.